test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kelvin Timeline Lockbox and Lobi Ships

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Direct from the 23rd century of an alternate timeline, we have the stats for our new Kelvin timeline ships!

Dat dreadnought.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    It's OP. Please nerf.

Seriously though, did Fire at will really need another buff? :/
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    xy7f4RY.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Oooohhhh yea!
    illK6U.gif
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Screaming for Vengeance. Jesus, gotta have it.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    risian4 wrote: »
    It's OP. Please nerf.

All joking aside, it IS OP. Disappointingly OP.

And BFAW buff? Look forward to ISA instances lasting all of 30 seconds.

We've only had a massive BFAW buff through the Vorgon ship trait, it's about time Cryptic got around to buffing BFAW again.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    jentman1jentman1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I will definitely be getting the vengeance
  • Options
    I'm interested in a dev blog that talks about the art development behind the T'Laru. I'm insanely curious about the whole story behind it.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The Romulan Carrier is growing on me.

It's some kind of Mythos monster - a huge mouth where it should have a head. And it spews murderous creatures.

I am sure, there is madness to this method. A few more BFAW buffs, and the instances will last less than 5 seconds, and then the metrics-analyst will detect that people spend almost no time in ISA anyway, and it can be removed from the queues.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Each of the lockbox ship consoles say they can be equipped on ANY ship in any console slot, but the Vengeance console says any Kelvin Timeline ship. Are either of those typos or can we really put these lockbox consoles on ANY ship?
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Query; The Kelvin Connie is a 'Heavy Command Cruiser', that makes it distinct from the 'Command Battlecruisers' (Presido, Geneva, etc.) and incapable of equipping the platform consoles from those ships, correct?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    iconians wrote: »
    I'm interested in a dev blog that talks about the art development behind the T'Laru. I'm insanely curious about the whole story behind it.​​

Me too. I know they said they'd be making a romulan carrier at one point, but I wasn't expecting it to be a lockbox ship. Curious to know how the design came about, though.

This pretty much sums up my feelings about this JJ-verse fiasco...

orhv202aq2ogapy641ae.gif
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I can see it now... the dreadnought wiping the floor with any enemy NPC is less than 5 seconds. Aside from it massive size, it is definitely OP.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    sad to see the rom ship in this box. 4 sci console slot, + comander sci. it is a shame. the rom faction needs a ship like this one, but it is in a box.

i'm a rom player, and i'm really disgusted.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Can other fed ships use the jj-prise bridge if you have that ship?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User

Unlikely. Lockbox bridges are usually unique to their ship.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I'm surprised they didn't include the Parking Brake in the KT Connie. Where you must disengage it every time your ship came to a full stop!

Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Lockbox ships are also usually from a non-playable alien faction, so I figured there's going to be people that will be asking this question since these lockbox ships are faction specific, just from an alternate universe
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    sad to see the rom ship in this box. 4 sci console slot, + comander sci. it is a shame. the rom faction needs a ship like this one, but it is in a box.

With ya there, and so are a lot of the others who play rom. Cryptic you really messed up.
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• Options

Lockbox ships are also usually from a non-playable alien faction, so I figured there's going to be people that will be asking this question since these lockbox ships are faction specific, just from an alternate universe

I think they're using the same mental gymnastics as the temporal ships from the first temporal lockbox, where they're faction specific ships, but because they're from another timeline/universe/reality/whatever it doesn't count as faction-specific because shut up that's why.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Ugh....more BFAW buffs, as if the game didn't already have enough as it is.

Romulan Carrier looks nice though, interesting design choice there. It actually looks practical, though which is nice.

Nothing really jumping out at me though.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    reyan01 wrote: »
    risian4 wrote: »
    It's OP. Please nerf.

We've only had a massive BFAW buff through the Vorgon ship trait, it's about time Cryptic got around to buffing BFAW again.​​

Not using BFAW? Do you even lift, bra?

With ya there, and so are a lot of the others who play rom. Cryptic you really messed up.

And now you can have one! As long as you pay Cryptic lots of lockbox money! Just as planned!
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    farmallm wrote: »
    I'm surprised they didn't include the Parking Brake in the KT Connie. Where you must disengage it every time your ship came to a full stop!

Oh boy you will just find anything to nitpick won't you. Even something as simple as a joke about a parking brake.
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Query; The Kelvin Connie is a 'Heavy Command Cruiser', that makes it distinct from the 'Command Battlecruisers' (Presido, Geneva, etc.) and incapable of equipping the platform consoles from those ships, correct?

You would be correct. It being a 'Heavy Command Cruiser' as opposed to a 'Command Battlecruiser', it's also unable to equip cannons (other than turrets and single cannons)..but I'm sure you gathered that.

In other words..does anybody want to trade one for a soul?
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    When I first read about the Vengeance trait in the earlier blog I was concerned that it might be a bit much.

Now that I see the stats on the ship itself, I'm just about convinced that it will be horribly overpowered, granted I have 0 flight experience in one, which would be impossible at this time. Lol

I fully expect these things to be directly competing for top DPS spots with Scimitars, if not beating them.

All of which, I find somewhat disappointing since this ship is locked behind a P2W currency (Lobi). Meaning that only the biggest spenders will be able to afford one (and by one I actually mean 1, since Lobi ships are single character purchases, and I highly doubt many big spenders would buy more than 1 for use).

I think I'll pass on this ship, I'm not fond of it's appearance and I abhor spending so much on a single-character purchase.

Besides, I don't need a monstrosity like this to deal respectable DPS... :p
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2016

I think they're using the same mental gymnastics as the temporal ships from the first temporal lockbox, where they're faction specific ships, but because they're from another timeline/universe/reality/whatever it doesn't count as faction-specific because shut up that's why.​​
    I was about to say something something kelvin timeline something inspired something something 25th century.

If you squint, you don't even see the Dollar signs.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    orion0029 wrote: »
    When I first read about the Vengeance trait in the earlier blog I was concerned that it might be a bit much.

Now that I see the stats on the ship itself, I'm just about convinced that it will be horribly overpowered, granted I have 0 flight experience in one, which would be impossible at this time. Lol

I fully expect these things to be directly competing for top DPS spots with Scimitars, if not beating them.

All of which, I find somewhat disappointing since this ship is locked behind a P2W currency (Lobi). Meaning that only the biggest spenders will be able to afford one (and by one I actually mean 1, since Lobi ships are single character purchases, and I highly doubt many big spenders would buy more than 1 for use).

I think I'll pass on this ship, I'm not fond of it's appearance and I abhor spending so much on a single-character purchase.

Besides, I don't need a monstrosity like this to deal respectable DPS... :p

I do. However..to be honest, I'm a filthy casual who wants top-end DP with minimal spend and effort...I'm also an Engineer with the worst luck when it comes to lock boxes. :neutral:
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Timeships en mass, TOS inspired ships, alternate timeline ships from another dimension.

Wow!, Things are gonna get interesting real soon around spacedock me thinks. :D

Anyway, Vengence then ?, (For the dominant go to ship) Followed by the Connie ?

Anyone care to estimate exchange prices ? :cold_sweat:
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    They won't even hit the exchange..folks will be selling straight in trade channels
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    Timeships en mass, TOS inspired ships, alternate timeline ships from another dimension.

Wow!, Things are gonna get interesting real soon around spacedock me thinks. :D

Anyway, Vengence then ?, (For the dominant go to ship) Followed by the Connie ?

Anyone care to estimate exchange prices ? :cold_sweat:

Exchange prices will be based on how many people open boxes and get ships they sell. It's not a "this ship is cooler" market, it's an "I got three of these while trying to get the other two consoles and am gonna undercut everyone" market, same as always.
  • Options
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    They won't even hit the exchange..folks will be selling straight in trade channels

This is going to be proven as incorrect.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg