Install Arc
Options

Playable TOS character options beyond Founding 4

1235»

Comments

• Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    ... the race change token that myself and others have seen will come in handy later ...

Where was this seen?

We currently have no plans of releasing a Race Change Token of any sort, as attempting to change data of this type would, without question, completely break some of the fundamental aspects of your character. It could potentially become a feature at some point in the distant future, but a lot of character code would have to be updated/changed to facilitate it, and that work has not been done, nor is planned to be done as far as I'm aware.

dang i was hoping to make my unjoined trill a joined trill
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    haurianthauriant Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Well, according to Geko's interview on Tribbles in Ecstasy (holosuitemedia.com/tie224/), they wanted to get Aliens into TOS as a playable species, but the way their costume parts are labeled, it would be a lot of work. (So it was, indeed, more work than I imagined.) He also said adding even species that are physically identical to human would take a similar amount of work, for the same reason. He didn't rule out Aliens being added later, and he favored the idea.

I hope Aliens will be added to the TOS faction. I hope someone finds the time and does the work, eventually. Like I said, I would definitely make more TOS characters with Aliens as an option, and pay for some services and unlocks. I do appreciate the information being given out.
    Post edited by hauriant on
  • Options
    thebanjothebanjo Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    hauriant wrote: »
    Well, according to Geko's interview on Tribbles in Ecstasy (holosuitemedia.com/tie224/), they wanted to get Aliens into TOS as a playable species, but the way their costume parts are labeled, it would be a lot of work. (So it was, indeed, more work than I imagined.) He also said adding even species that are physically identical to human would take a similar amount of work, for the same reason. He didn't rule out Aliens being added later, and he favored the idea.

I hope Aliens will be added to the TOS faction. I hope someone finds the time and does the work, eventually. Like I said, I would definitely make more TOS characters with Aliens as an option, and pay for some services and unlocks. I do appreciate the information being given out.

Man 15 to 20 days. I wish someone actually said that in a post sooner to the community instead of waiting until asked on a podcast 2 days before release.