test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unofficial Literary Challenge 25 Discussion Thread

moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
This is the discussion thread for ULC #25: Agents of Yesterday

As usual, be kind, polite and respectful!
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP

Comments

• aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Ooooooooooohhh...... So many possibilities
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    Some interesting ideas, I'll mull them over and see what comes through B)
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Just gonna say this, @moonshadowdark , if you wanted to do the ULC you could've just asked...

Thinking about using the first prompt to attack the Temporal Agents for their hypocrisy and clueless cruelty in this whole story.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited June 2016
    But- but- @starswordc, don't you remember? He asked you tomorrow if he could post yesterday, so that today you didn't have to worry about compiling a new ULC!

I mean, Temporal Agents is what this ULC is all about!

(Irl, it is nice to have people switch it up every so often)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Might give this one a shot - once I've played some of the AoY stuff, anyway.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Oh, I like the first one as such a char intro piece.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    Oh, I like the first one as such a char intro piece.

Agreed, I'm going to have to do the same...
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    Just gonna say this, @moonshadowdark , if you wanted to do the ULC you could've just asked...

Thinking about using the first prompt to attack the Temporal Agents for their hypocrisy and clueless cruelty in this whole story.

Yeah, but in honor of the 50th anniversary, I tapped into my Inner Captain Kirk and decided to just do whatever and then claim Prime Directive to avoid the consequences.

Sorry.....BRO.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User

Yeah, but in honor of the 50th anniversary, I tapped into my Inner Captain Kirk and decided to just do whatever and then claim Prime Directive to avoid the consequences.

Sorry.....BRO.
    No, that was Picard who was always claiming the Prime Directive wouldn't let him do anything he didn't really want to do. Kirk's go-to was having Spock tell him that doing something would violate the PD, and then doing it anyway.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    Also, if you write a prompt for Agents, you can earn 100 internets if your 23rd century Captain does a Shatner.

http://imgur.com/QnggIZE

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited July 2016
    @moonshadowdark:. Hey, it's not a problem, I don't have a problem with anybody running a ULC, just say something ahead of time (if nothing else just so we don't accidentally double-book). :)

LOL @jonsills
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

edited July 2016
    I probably should do something for 24 first, since I accidentally posted there. :P

Also, if you write a prompt for Agents, you can earn 100 internets if your 23rd century Captain does a Shatner.

http://imgur.com/QnggIZE

Does it still count if your'e going to go Andorian? Drama's kind of their thing:pensive:

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    I reposted a scene from Shades of Madness. I will be writing new material on the challenge(s) but this scene was too fitting not to re-post, please enjoy B)

Cast
    --

Ael t'Kazanak - Cobie Smulders
    Ghemik Telur - Cliff Simon
    Oh, man, I just had a great brainstorm on how to handle the first prompt. No time travel required, they just got caught with a malfunctioning warp drive in a decaying orbit around a black hole.

300px-Plot_bunny_trading_card_front.jpg
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Oh, man, I just had a great brainstorm on how to handle the first prompt. No time travel required, they just got caught with a malfunctioning warp drive in a decaying orbit around a black hole.

300px-Plot_bunny_trading_card_front.jpg

Add some red matter and you get Prompt 2!

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    I don't have a problem with anybody running a ULC

Well, not everyone can. @aten66 did and that ended so badly we had to switch to the Kelvin timeline.

Random Ensign: "Wait, we've been in the Kelvin timeline this whole time?"

Well, yeah. Haven't you noticed the constant lens flare, the random explosions or the fact that we have duplicates that all look like Hollywood's top A-Listers?

*Points at Kelvin Moonshadow, Starsword, Scarlet, Jon, Marcus and Aten who look like Zach Levi, Amy Adams, Taylor Swift, John Hurt, Ben Affleck and Josh Gad*

Okay, A-Listers and Josh Gad.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    I don't have a problem with anybody running a ULC

Well, not everyone can. @aten66 did and that ended so badly we had to switch to the Kelvin timeline.

Random Ensign: "Wait, we've been in the Kelvin timeline this whole time?"

Well, yeah. Haven't you noticed the constant lens flare, the random explosions or the fact that we have duplicates that all look like Hollywood's top A-Listers?

*Points at Kelvin Moonshadow, Starsword, Scarlet, Jon, Marcus and Aten who look like Zach Levi, Amy Adams, Taylor Swift, John Hurt, Ben Affleck and Josh Gad*

Okay, A-Listers and Josh Gad.
    Some kids told me the other day that they thought I looked like Seth Rogen... Never heard that one before, but it was meant as a compliment :D

edited July 2016
    I did? *Random Explosion*. Huh, I don't remember this...
    *Lens Flare* B)
    *scene change to Kelvin Timeline Bridge, @aten66 in captain's chair, and Josh Gad-lookalike sitting at the helm*

Nope, I really- *close-up into pan out* -didn't notice *explosion* -anything different between the Prime and the- *Suddenly a single Kelvin-Klingon beams onboard, and readies to shoot*

Hey, Josh Gaid, watch out-

Bazzrrrrrp

*Klingon beam out animation*
    Nooooooo! And you picked out such a good double for me...
    Why did he have to wear that Red Shirt!

Moooooonshadooowwwdaarrrrrrrrk!

*Pans out from outside of T6 Kelvin Constitution*

Mooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnshaddddooowwwwwwwwdaarrrrrrrrrkkkkkkk!

(You invited this upon yourself @moonshadowdark)
    ^This, this is why I should be in bed and sleeping, so I can go to work in... 5 hours
    edited July 2016
    I seem to have written up a lot of prompts set my creativity ablaze today and smoked out some plot bunnies for me to use. Or maybe it was just the picture up above....

Anyways, this next part is rated T, and a follow up to my earlier ULC 24, prompt #3, 'Ruins of the Mad', posted earlier today, I recommend reading that first, but it isn't Exactly necessary... but it would clear up some confusion.

Edit: Enjoy To Hell and Back parts 1 and 2 (due to length restrictions), with hopefully the conclusion posted in a couple of days....
    aten66 wrote: »

Edit: Enjoy To Hell and Back parts 1 and 2 (due to length restrictions), with hopefully the conclusion posted in a couple of days....

Awaiting the last part with great interest.

I seem to have written up a lot of prompts set my creativity ablaze today and smoked out some plot bunnies for me to use. Or maybe it was just the picture up above....

Anyways, this next part is rated T, and a follow up to my earlier ULC 24, prompt #3, 'Ruins of the Mad', posted earlier today, I recommend reading that first, but it isn't Exactly necessary... but it would clear up some confusion.

That was interesting B)

That was interesting B)

Yes, well I intended to go a whole different route when I started this... it kind of spiraled into this massive peice of interesting, that I don't even know what I exactly was going for when I began to write... I'm hoping I close it nicely with my 'Nexus' prompt...
    Holy Lord, Aten, that was beautiful. Needs some proofreading but it was beautiful stuff. Thank you.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

edited July 2016
    A Changed World, part one

Crew of USS Bajor:
    • Captain Kanril Eleya, CO: Jennifer Hale
    • Commander Tesjha Phohl, XO: Claudia Black
    • Commander Birail Riyannis, chief science officer: Ursula Abbott
    • Lieutenant Commander Reshek Gaarra, operations officer: Adam Baldwin
    • Lieutenant Park Jin Soo, conn officer: Will Yun Lee
    • Ensign Arak Esplin, communications officer: Robyn Kramer
    • Master Chief Sensor Officer Peter Wiggin: Jim Murtaugh
    • Lieutenant Alicia Westlake Gantumur, assault unit commander: Keira Knightley

Other:
    • Colonel Shad Yima, CO, RBS Verda: Bebe Neuwirth
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Nifty start - the culture shock may very well prove lethal.

• takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @patrickngo Very nice story there. :)

I shared it with a friend of mine who can't post in the forums, and he loved every minute of it, too. :D

Also, in the words of the friend, F*ck Daniels.
    76561198160276582.png
    I agree: Nice seeing the time cops getting taken down a peg, @patrickngo. I thought about writing something like that but I'm already diverging from the official story after about "House Pegh", and I didn't feel like writing a complete "take that". But I'm watching this whole story and going, this is not the future I want, not the future Eleya and Morgan fought for.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

I can see the catharsis in the piece, but not really my cuppa. Pretty brutal.

And here's part two.

Crew of USS Bajor:
    • Lieutenant (JG) Dr. Warragul William Wirrpanda, chief medical officer: Wayne Blair

Other:
    • Captain Krell, son of Mok'tar: Ned Romero
    • Captain James Kurland, CO, Deep Space 9: James "Borticus" Randall

I borrowed the rough circumstances of Federation first contact with the Bajorans from the novel Allegiance in Exile.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png