test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

U.S.S. Pokemon Has Arrived!

velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
ded7efd67e24fa876c8d49fa2b853dbc1465229619.jpg

Looks like Captain Ash Ketchum is going to be piloting an Eevee-class starship in STO this Summer. Gotta thank those Vorgons for watching the show. Maybe next year we can get something more Dragon Ball Z or Sailor Moon -like starship.

Remember: Gotta catch'em all!

LOL :p

P.S.: I can't wait to try out the new ship. :)

wallpaper__2__eeveelutions_by_xxrrsteve-d5uyghr.jpg
18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    I'm actually surprised. I was expecting another Ferengi ship - maybe hoping is the right term. But this actually looks pretty cool. Not sure if I'd use it myself though.
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Actually looks a LOT more like a She-Ra themed ship, to the point that I strongly suspect that's where the inspiration for the shape came from. Either her Crystal Castle learned to fly, or her tiara did.

Seriously, I'm just hoping you can make the ship gold :D
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Well... it is a... Vorgon Conclusion that we'll see 'em in action throughout the Summer Event. ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Seems like a rigid Vorlon ship to me.
  • Options
    starkaos wrote: »

Huh... never thought about that... Maybe even comparable to a Drahk ship?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »

P.S.: I can't wait to try out the new ship. :)

Ever flown a member of the Akira family? That's what this thing will be like. What made me raise an eybrow was this little sentence here:
    "This console may be equipped on any Vorgon starship."
    Soooo more Vorgon ships in boxes & lobi store?
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    More likely, the recurring theme for future events (Winter and Summer) will be the Vorgons for the foreseeable future. Maybe a frigate/cruiser for the Winter event, and a cruiser/carrier for next Summer?
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Google vorgon battleship and see if anything comes up..... ;)
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    No Pokémon ship will ever be as awesome as mine!

Pikachu_Image1_zpsgcjqgigq.jpg

(That's a mod I made long ago for Star Trek: Legacy)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I am sooo envious of the skin on that ST:Legacy Sovvie.

And as to Na'kuhl temporal spies in our midst, I say, "Agents! Vorgon!"
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    ...the TRIBBLE is the OP smoking, and where can i get some? it looks NOTHING like an eevee - or any OTHER pokemon for that matter​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    It sorta looks like an Espeon (the pink/purple one), if you use some imagination and take a liberal view at it.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Actually, other than the coloring it does have hints of Ferengi design.

Yeah, I had noted that comment about the Console on other Vorgon ships. Looks like more in store for the next Lockbox. They had been avoiding using the same Race's ships for the Summer and the Winter Event. So probably not another for the Winter.

You know we still have more of the Future Proof Arc ahead of us. Remember the Vorgons in Star Trek were 27th Century time travellers that wanted to recover the Tox Uthat. What did we bring to Risa? What Century did we recently go to in the game?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I think the ship looks awesome.
    boom! strait from one event into another with no breathing space, they are keeping us busy this year.
    traffic!.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    what i want to know is how the lobi consortium got hold of vorgon ships to begin with - seeing as how their usual method of obtaining alien ships are salavaging the ones we blow up, yet we haven't fought a single vorgon ship yet, even in the few future periods we've visited​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    Call me plane and boring but I would love the award to be a one time T-6 of choice...1 per account per faction, so
    you could earn 3, 1 fed, 1 rom, 1 klink or a T5 of choice.
    but that is me
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    what i want to know is how the lobi consortium got hold of vorgon ships to begin with - seeing as how their usual method of obtaining alien ships are salavaging the ones we blow up, yet we haven't fought a single vorgon ship yet, even in the few future periods we've visited​​

probably do the same with those ships as less scrupulous earth car dealers sometime do with two good halves of two written off cars, I think they call it doing a "Cut n shut".

looks ok until it splits in two and ends up killing you.

• Options
    and in order for a cut'n'shut to occur, those halves need to EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE

we haven't fought ANY vorgon yet, so WHERE are the ships coming from for the consortium to restore?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited June 2016
    and in order for a cut'n'shut to occur, those halves need to EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE

we haven't fought ANY vorgon yet, so WHERE are the ships coming from for the consortium to restore?​​

cryptics current favourite time travel, noticed it even featuring in the summer event anyway so why not.

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User

cryptics current favourite time travel.

I would go with that, time travel. Specially since they are not even in the game yet.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    the lobi consortium doesn't have access to time travel, though, so the only way they could be getting vorgon ships in significant numbers is if they were fought in significant numbers prior to 2410​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    farmallm wrote: »

cryptics current favourite time travel.

I would go with that, time travel. Specially since they are not even in the game yet.

actually the "enterprising Ferengi" with the "temporal anomalies" could prove useful, maybe we could get next years ship in the same event.

• Options
    the lobi consortium doesn't have access to time travel, though, so the only way they could be getting vorgon ships in significant numbers is if they were fought in significant numbers prior to 2410​​

who knows how these things happen?.

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Looks like more in store for the next Lockbox. They had been avoiding using the same Race's ships for the Summer and the Winter Event. So probably not another for the Winter.

This has me hopeful that certain other ... "rumored" ships will in fact not be lockbox ships after all ... I better get my wallet ready for another possible c-store bundle :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Well don't the Ferengi get ships from the Tholians as well. And as far as having fought someone to get ships, how many Wells/Mobius/Korath/Krenn/R'Mor/Talvath/Aeon/Rozhenko ships have we fought?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    the timeship were salvaged by the ferengi after the tholians pulled them from the future, killed their crews (presumably, unless whatever method the tholians used to pull them from the future didn't already kill them), stripped their technology and left them drifting

that was in the blog introducing the temporal box​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    the timeship were salvaged by the ferengi after the tholians pulled them from the future, killed their crews (presumably, unless whatever method the tholians used to pull them from the future didn't already kill them), stripped their technology and left them drifting

that was in the blog introducing the temporal box​​

I'm sure we'll get a more in universe explanation later.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    rattler2 wrote: »

ooo yeah definitely shades of Drakh..
    drakh_fighter_ortho_by_unusualsuspex-d7dhqvc.jpg

yeah this jumped out at me too....
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    rattler2 wrote: »

ooo yeah definitely shades of Drakh..
    drakh_fighter_ortho_by_unusualsuspex-d7dhqvc.jpg

yeah this jumped out at me too....

I want a Shadow ship with its super death beam of DOOM! :P

...as for this ship. Bleh - I will use it till I get the trait and then I will dock it forever unless it has some kind of epic boff layout.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hence, why I mentioned the Tholians. How many races were looking to use or destroy the Tox Uthat? Correct, the Vorgons and the Tholians, so it not unreasonable to speculate that the Tholians may have fought the Vorgons or pulled them down in as they did with the Temporal Ships. Destroyed ships/Pulled ships, Tholians, Ferengi. Same pattern.

The other point being that we don't necessarily have to fight someone to get Lockbox/Lobi ships.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns