test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - MAY 12, 2016

Comments

• crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Aw TRIBBLE! I haven't downloaded anything for Tribble server through the game launcher since putting together a new PC. So I have 12GB worth of stuff to download. :'(

Edit 2: Wow. Tribble downloaded already. All 12GB of it. :o LOL "on demand patching" was on. Forgot to turn that off.

Most of the game doesn't re-download when you install a test shard. A majority of the data is simply copied from the existing install.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Aw TRIBBLE! I haven't downloaded anything for Tribble server through the game launcher since putting together a new PC. So I have 12GB worth of stuff to download. :'(

Edit 2: Wow. Tribble downloaded already. All 12GB of it. :o LOL "on demand patching" was on. Forgot to turn that off.

Most of the game doesn't re-download when you install a test shard. A majority of the data is simply copied from the existing install.

Ahh. Gotcha.

You guys made me want to check out stuff on Tribble. Shame on you. ;)

(Wow. I didn't realize a not so offensive word for do-do was censored now. I'll try to be more careful from now on so it doesn't look like I'm being a jerk. LOL)
  • nrnarnonnrnarnon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Okay, I'm seeing the "Equip Rifle" bug here. Needs some TLC there.
  • gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    I was able to use the calendar event entry for "Hearts and Minds" to transwarp a TOS character from the 23rd Century sector block to the 25th Century one. Once there I wasn't able to interact with any of the planets I tried to visit.
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    *Squeee* OMG! OMG!

*cough* I mean... Scotty! Beam me up!
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Oh, nice more Klingon costume/tailor updates.

Oh ,and a TOS thingamumbo. Why am I at work? Why do I have to attend a wedding this weekend?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • ukomegaukomega Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    nrnarnon wrote: »
    Okay, I'm seeing the "Equip Rifle" bug here

Having the same problem. Have it equipped.. mission does not progress

Transaprent2.png
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    wait no Caitian's but they are in tos as well :(
  • gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    jim625 wrote: »
    wait no Caitian's but they are in tos as well :(

From comments on Twitter, they're sticking strictly to species seen in TOS, not including TAS or TMP.
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Well i had access but because my settings had reverted to default, it means i had to restert the client to get the graphics capability, however in the process it updated again which was strange, as i logged it said "Version mismatch" and then kicked me out, in addition the AOY loading screen was replaced by new dawn.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    10:30am EDT

I'm currently DL'n a 3780MB patch for Tribble.

I too, got stuck at the "Phaser Rifle from Box" part last night.

We'll se how things go this time.

Stayed Tuned...

VERSION MISMATCH...

Fudge-Buckets...

Tried Three times, no luck.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Just ran a force verification on the tribble build it is downloading again. i am guessing the launcher re-downloaded an older version by default and the force verification is likely forcing it to re-download the correct version.
    10:42am EDT

Second patch DL'n... 4152MB this time.

And the mystery continues...

<chuckle>
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Have you tried turning OD Patching off?
    MXeSfqV.jpg
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    Have you tried turning OD Patching off?

if i leave od on half the content is missing and everytime you load a new map it needs to be downloaded which is annoying to me. so yes it was the first thing i do everytime i install the cryptic launcher.
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    I had the patching issue also, manage to get it to work finally but was a major annoyance.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Is the temporal rep on yet. No able to get on tribble yet
    edited May 2016
    11:02am EDT

Patching done.

No mismatch problem.

Still can't Equip Phaser Rifle (though the BOX is no longer open), can't beam up and can't Drop the Mission.

Guess I'll have to delete this toon and start again.

11:31am EDT

Did a Force Verify and another patch came down the line...

VERSION MISMATCH...

Here we go again.

11:33am EDT...

Another 4152MB patch...
    (thank goodness T/W doesn't limit my DL'ing)

And the verdict is...

11:52am EDT patch done (again)...
    <chuckle>

Nope, still can't get beyond the Rifle Box.

Going to definitely delete this toon and start again.

12:25pm EDT.

Stuck on Rifle again with second toon.
    Post edited by daveyny on
  • kasrakenkasraken Member Posts: 213 Bug Hunter
    Well i had access but because my settings had reverted to default, it means i had to restert the client to get the graphics capability, however in the process it updated again which was strange, as i logged it said "Version mismatch" and then kicked me out, in addition the AOY loading screen was replaced by new dawn.

This happened to me after a crash. I did a verify and it was all messed up, so I turned verify off and put "on demand" patching to ON. It downloaded TOS again and I was able to get back in.

It seems the TOS stuff only takes hold with the "on demand" patching activated.
    MacoShield_zpsus2ux3rw.png
    Operational Support Team
    Squishing Bugs for a better future
  • hivercidehivercide Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Just ran a force verification on the tribble build it is downloading again. i am guessing the launcher re-downloaded an older version by default and the force verification is likely forcing it to re-download the correct version.

I got the "version mismatch" and restarted it. I've turned on Force Verify for the moment, I'll wait to see what happens with that. So far, it's downloading...something....not sure just what because I'm not seeing a listing for what version.

I guess if this doesn't work I'll try using the On Demand Patching...if I can't get in then, who knows?
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    have they put out a new fix build as i have got a download happening right now
    The True King In The North
  • hivercidehivercide Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Another 2130MB of patching happening for me as well, but I can't say if it's part of the previous attempt or a fresh patch for today.
  • admiralross64admiralross64 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Can we get rid of the flim grain please that effect is horriable

I agree, at least have an option to turn the grain off like Alien Isolation.
    i hope it is a fresh patch so we can get by the rifle stage of the TOS mission
    just tried no luck same fault still cant proceed beyond the eqip the rifle stage
    sorry for posting this here but does anyone know when the new fix is coming out
  • forum156forum156 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Film grain effect is killing my graphics card.
    edited May 2016
    djmarr1964 wrote: »
    sorry for posting this here but does anyone know when the new fix is coming out

It seems that the Cryptic Dev's usual work day finishes sometime between 5pm and 7pm PDT.

So I would guess (and we have seen in the past) that it will be uploaded to TRIBBLE during those hours.

I'm guessing around 9pm my time (EDT) which would be around 6pm Their time.
    (though it could hit sooner)
    B)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    any patch likely won't be hitting today
    No idea. We experienced an unexpected issue with the build we were planning on patching, so it's almost certainly going to be later than I originally expected.
    ​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Seems unlikely to be out today. No way around the rifle issue though