Install Arc
Options

The "biggest announcement yet" about STO at FedCon

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    valoreah wrote: »
    Hm ok it’s a TOS expansion but with Daniels already showing up I think the big announcement is Scott Bakula joining the cast as Archer.

I’d love that as he is my all-time favorite Captain with Enterprise being my second to favorite show.

If you believe his Wikipedia page, Scott Bakula has already done VO work for STO.

I'm hoping they were able to get the rest of the TOS cast for VO work too. Would be awesome to have Nichelle Nichols, George Takei and Shatner along with Walter Koenig.

I'd love that too and thx 4 link. :o

Edit: Lucky Scott man! He is married to Teela from Masters of the Universe.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Hm ok it’s a TOS expansion but with Daniels already showing up I think the big announcement is Scott Bakula joining the cast as Archer.

I’d love that as he is my all-time favorite Captain with Enterprise being my second to favorite show.
    that would be cool. ENT is my favorite star trek show, and Bakula was great (+ I was a fan of Quantum Leap)
    Also... wasn't he at STLV last year?

Wait a second.... There's a person who already did voice work for STO who was in Masters of the Universe.... the guy who played Tom Paris, Robert Duncan Macneil. :p
    latest?cb=20120419202400
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Well based on the P1/Geko interview:

1. Vic Mignogna won't be Kirk. Nobody but the Shat will voice Kirk, as Geko really really dislikes using "sound alikes" but made an exception with Scotty because James is dead and Chris is his son.

2. According to Geko, Cryptic considered making the TOS Expansion it's own game, but didn't want to have it compete with STO, so it's unlikely to be STO2.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    STO coming to console... XD
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    And Windows Store...

EDIT:
    The reason why I say that, is because that seems to be the direction that PWE/ArcCryptic are going. Cryptic's Neverwinter has gone Console/Xbox and they recently announced an upcoming Microsoft Store option for Neverwinter.

Now today, I get a mail for a new game coming out: Gigantic.
    You guessed it, for Windows, Xbox, and Microsoft Store.
    https://www.gogigantic.com/en/

EDIT 2:
    This does make me wonder... Cryptic lay-offs last year, now we seem to have this connection to the Microsoft Store... Will we be hearing of a possible new owner for Cryptic?

I know, far fetched... but it just crossed my mind...
  • Options
    aristocratsupremaristocratsuprem Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »
    John DeLancie as Q.

"Make it so!"

He's doing the Timelines game. Doubt he's coming over here.

besides its been stated a thousand times before, he does not care for STO.

As Seven would say it, "Explain!"
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    tousseau wrote: »
    And Windows Store...

Will we be hearing of a possible new owner for Cryptic?

Oh boy I think I just fell in love with that idea. <3
    animated.gif
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    But Changing Owners, would not really be considered a "World Premier Event".

That would be more of an announcement along the lines of an "Exciting New Direction" the game is taking.

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    azrael605 wrote: »

that would be cool. ENT is my favorite star trek show, and Bakula was great (+ I was a fan of Quantum Leap)
    Also... wasn't he at STLV last year?

Wait a second.... There's a person who already did voice work for STO who was in Masters of the Universe.... the guy who played Tom Paris, Robert Duncan Macneil. :p
    latest?cb=20120419202400

While I don't believe he has done any work on STO another actor from Masters of the Universe is also a Trek veteran, also on Voyager, Anthony De Longis, who played Maje Culluh on Voyager was Skeletor's henchman Blade.

Heh, never knew that.

Was only aware of Meg Foster (Evil-Lyn) and Frank Langella (Skeletor) showing up on DS9.
    animated.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    As many of you probably don't know Europe's biggest Star Trek convention in Bonn (Germany) is about to take place this weekend. Executive Producer Stephen Ricossa, Lead Artist Samuel Wall and Designer Tim ‚Suricata‘ Davis will be there to promote STO. They are going to announce a "World Premiere" and make the "biggest annoucement yet" about Star Trek Online. Be aware that the new expansion has already been announced in Germany as well, so it can't be that. I really wonder, what they're gonna say.

Source article (German): browsergames.de/star-trek-online/news/13419/1/star-trek-online-grosse-ankuendigung-auf-der-fedcon-2016-geplant.html

Link to the German blog (STO News section): arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9946553-fedcon%3A-nur-noch-48-stunden%21

Sorry but this says nothing at all in the slightest about a "World Premiere" maybe you misunderstood the translation

and you should know this article was posted before the expansion3 news for TOS came out. http://browsergames.de/star-trek-online/news/13419/1/star-trek-online-grosse-ankuendigung-auf-der-fedcon-2016-geplant.html

You guys are a bunch of silly ducks
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    No, STO isn't headed for consoles. NW was designed with the XBone in mind; STO was designed as a PC game, with attendant complex controls. (They don't seem complex to you because you're not mapping them to an XBone controller. Not nearly enough buttons.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    misoratkovacmisoratkovac Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    I can't resist...

Either a T-6 Connie is being added, or Shatner is Going to be Voicing Kirk in the game.

(and I wish I could read German)

B)

translation:

The countdown has started. The away team breaks in less than 48 hours to its next away mission at FedCon 25 on to Bonn. Panels, giveaways, Devs, community meeting, we have planned a number of activities around the convention for you.

pannels

Executive Producer Stephen Ricossa and Lead Artist Samuel Wall will hold on Friday and Saturday Pannels to Star Trek Online. They report on Star Trek Online and the previously announced extension agents of Yesterday. In addition, Stephen and Samuel big news in the luggage ( browsergames.de ).

Events:

Friday, May 13 13:00 to 14:00 in Hall Beethoven
    Saturday, May 14 16:00 to 17:00 in Hall Haydn

It is possible that the dates be changed anytime, the current dates can be found here .

was standing

Star Trek Online will be represented this year with its own stand at FedCon 25th You can find the away team near the entrance area, you can not miss it. There you can our designer Tim, Meerkat 'Davis (Friday-Monday) and Lead Artist Samuel Wall (Friday-Saturday) look at work on the shoulder, ask your Trek or STO knowledge to the test, help us the winner of the Screenshot to elect -Events, take a picture with Seven, you are trying to our exclusive papercraft and much, much more. Of course, we have many goodies here, literally thousands who do not want to take again to Amsterdam, our field team. Gone Check it out!

Flota/Fleet: TNT Grupa
    Drzava/Country: BiH/Bosnia

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I think I'm glad I can't read German now.
    <chuckle>
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Well, it's definitely not a console announcement, cause they just announced that travesty today ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    So if it isn't a console announcement, what would it be? I mean, unless the new show is somehow connected to the game and Agents of Yesterday is the start of that.
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    STO coming to console... XD

I still NOT see how this is BIG. IMHO..prob at most "miniscule" compared to the expansion. Perhaps they should have made the console news on the fith and the expansion today. Their marketing department needs a few more "brighter" brains monkey-2.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    Well, I was certainly wrong about that, wasn't I? In my defense, rewriting the UI was the absolute last thing I expected to see happen. (Now I get to sit here and hope the code changes are backward-compatible, so the same thing can happen to CO - it was, after all, intended originally to be on the 360 as well as PC, but Microsoft pulled out when Marvel decided not to back an MMO after all.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    No, STO isn't headed for consoles. NW was designed with the XBone in mind; STO was designed as a PC game, with attendant complex controls. (They don't seem complex to you because you're not mapping them to an XBone controller. Not nearly enough buttons.)

So... @jonsills ...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    anazonda wrote: »
    jonsills wrote: »

So... @jonsills ...

He replied 20 minutes before you, scroll up
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    to be fair Id have lost money on that bet too
  • Options
    forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    Well based on the P1/Geko interview:
    2. According to Geko, Cryptic considered making the TOS Expansion it's own game, but didn't want to have it compete with STO, so it's unlikely to be STO2.

You know, based on this nugget and the news of STO hitting consoles, maybe this expansion might as well be STO 2.0.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    The notion of Cryptic ever getting a new owner would be the SCARIEST thing I could imagine. Despite the things that are frequently said about PWE or even Cryptic itself, all I can say is looking at everyone else out there in the MMO business, I wouldn't want STO in any other paws now. We have the most generous and considerate ownership I can still conceive of at this time.
  • Options

I still maintain my position that this is likely not the big news exclusive promised for the event, since, if I'm correct, the event doesn't start until tomorrow.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    So it seems the console rerelease is the big announcement. Even though the marketing manager of Perfect World Europe explicitly said in his press release that it would be announced on a special press conference at FedCon. Oh well. I'm still not sure who this "special guest" is gonna be (probably somebody who did some VO for STO, that hasn't been announced yet). Could be anyone of the following (since they're all gonna be at FedCon):

William Shatner, George Takei, Terry Farrell, Karl Urban, Robert Beltran, James Morrison, Marina Sirtis, Dominic Keating, Connor Trinneer

My bet is on Shatner. This can't be a coincidence.

In any case, the press conference starts tomorrow Friday, May 13 at 11 o'clock (CEST) / 2am (PST).
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

I still maintain my position that this is likely not the big news exclusive promised for the event, since, if I'm correct, the event doesn't start until tomorrow.

I don't think it's the big news promised either. It is big news, but I'm betting the "big news" being teased has something to do with voice actors and the 50th anniversary and some tie-ins along those lines.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    I can't resist...

Either a T-6 Connie is being added, or Shatner is Going to be Voicing Kirk in the game.

(and I wish I could read German)

B)
    The first paragraph is only about the convention in bonn and how it evolved.

The second paragraph comes with much more interesting things:
    It says that Perfect world will be announcing a world premiere which will be the biggest thing in STO to date.
    Executive Producer Stephen Ricossa will be on the way to germany, so expectations are high.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Enh, I always said there was one thing holding it back, figuring out how to make the controls work when you have 30+abilities to bind to buttons. They seem to have solved that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg