test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DONE EVERYTHING AND STILL CRASHING

cyngiacyngia Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I am about to just forget playing Star Trek, sadly, but I have done everything to try and get it to run, I have an MSI gaming computer brand new, and since this upgrade I cannot get Star Trek to run, I crash every two seconds and unable to do any quest what so ever...I am truly confused on what to do, uninstalled it and Arc reinstalled did the Run as Admin, make sure its playing on my Nvidia Graphics card and I can get about half way then ooops sorry Cryptic has found an error crash, send report and no reply no help no nothing!!! I honestly am at a lost now what to do...

Comments

• kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Try with Steam client
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    safe login does not work. it's the season 11.5 patch at fault. they need a fix for intel pc's.last patch was to fix anthon's
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    @cyngia are you running AMD gpu by any chance???
    6tviTDx.png

• adshadowadshadow Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    this is gettin beyond a joke yea nice update guys it just a pity you messed the game up in the process first the R&D now random disconnects and the game crashing :/
    as far as I am concern there has been a driver update to AMD gpus that's causing some players to not be able to launch the game and or get lots of crashes... so I would just blame cryptic just yet there @adshadow.
    6tviTDx.png

• dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    I'm not seeing anyone mention the launcher commands "-d3d11enable 0 -d3d9ex -NoAutoRotateLogs" or "-d3d11 -NoRotateLogs" for DirectX 11/12. Don't trust the in-game setting. And watch your other in-game graphic settings, since the latest patches mine have changed on their own a couple of times. Also, make sure the windows service SuperFetch is set to manual. When starting the game, have task up and end Arc/Steam after hitting the "Play" button then exit task manager. I'm just running an '11 Acer i3 Intel gpu/8gb ram/Win10 64 laptop that can run at .9 res/40-50 fov/medium. It's taken some research to optimize...
  • adshadowadshadow Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    as far as I am concern there has been a driver update to AMD gpus that's causing some players to not be able to launch the game and or get lots of crashes... so I would just blame cryptic just yet there @adshadow.

i aint runing on a AMD gpu :smile:
    us intel users were screwed.
    figures,no fix with today's F'n Patch.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    you can only access that after game starts.the games freezes at character select screen.
    another thread stated that windows xp user's may not be able to play the game anymore. some of us can't afford new pc's.
    some time ago i had that freezing thing too. but can not remember how to solve it. i believe support can help you further
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    What kind of crash are you having? Is it crashing when you load or in game? Are you using the STEAM launcher or the Arc one? Do you have the latest Java, video card, chipset, etc drivers? Is your OS compatible with the game? (You'd be surprised) On board graphics or discrete? (If discrete what brand and specs)

When is the game crashing? Can you provide specifics? For me the game would crash between load screens. Turned out it was because I still had STEAM files for STO even though I switched to the Arc launcher. This caused a conflict with the game and thus resulted in a crash. Removed the STEAM game files and reinstalled using ARC launcher and that issue, for the most part, has been dealt with.

Other crash was related to video card and bad video card drivers. Nvidia and AMD both are notorious for making TRIBBLE drivers. Roll back the drivers to previous versions. Google it and watch youtube for how too's.

What kind of display do you have? Might be as simple as changing your display resolution. The crash issue is related to your system configuration in 90% of the cases. Now for log out and time out issues, well those can be linked directly to the authentication and log in servers for the game and are pretty much never going to be addressed. Hell LTS members are suppose to have priority log in but that is just smoke up the tale pipe much like forum avatars and titles. All paid for but NEVER delivered. Welcome to STO.
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
    fletch57 wrote: »
    another thread stated that windows xp user's may not be able to play the game anymore. some of us can't afford new pc's.

have you tried ... safe mode?
    6tviTDx.png

• lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    fletch57 wrote: »
    safe login does not work. it's the season 11.5 patch at fault. they need a fix for intel pc's.last patch was to fix anthon's

What you mean by intel pc's need fixing? Is there a bug related to Intel CPUs?
    And what do you mean "fix for anthon's? Did you mean Athlon/AMD CPU's?

What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
    The latest AMD driver update broke the game for me and several other people that were running AMD... So far all those players have confirmed that reverting back the driver back to the previous has fixed the game crashing on character select screen...

I don't want to say the S11.5 broke the game because when S11.5 launched I experienced no issues. Only after AMD pushed the new driver...

But more info on is required from your end OP system specs etc like @lordatrocities mentioned.
    6tviTDx.png

• cementblokcementblok Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I Blame Cryptic. I have Multiple computers Intel I-5 Nvidia Graphics, AMD A8 Radion Graphics stand alone, AMD A8 Laptop with Integrated Graphics and Intel Celeron with Integrated Graphics and they all crash since this patch. So yes Cryptic is to blame on this one.
    i have two no crashing. who should i blame? hmm ini mini meini mu cementblok das bist du ;)
  • bluegothicbluegothic Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Still having this issue. Using the command line does get me into the game, but as if I manually select Safe Mode EVERY time I start the game. Even with the command line code, I start in a windowed mode, and haven't been able to modify the resolution to fill my monitor screen. I have to change my graphics levels back up to full every time I enter the game.

MSI laptop (model GS60 6QE)
    windows 10 64 bit Home
    i7-6700HQ
    16GB DDR4 ram
    GeForce 980M
  • joesmoov1joesmoov1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am having the issue of it crashing without doing anything in the game. Really upset that this happens a lot and they do nothing to make up for it even their Lifetime members. I really think their customer service sucks.
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    joesmoov1 wrote: »
    I am having the issue of it crashing without doing anything in the game. Really upset that this happens a lot and they do nothing to make up for it even their Lifetime members. I really think their customer service sucks.

Have you checked the Windows Event log in the Applications section to see what Windows says about the crashes? Crashing every time it runs might be a sign of a failing memory module, or a problem with the motherboard, or a DPC issue with audio. Run memory- and mobo-checking tools (your BIOS might be able to do it). Check out http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml to determine if it's a DPC problem.

boldly-watched.png