test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new update, cant play game

Comments

• spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    do you know what files are broken? maybe if that is shared, it might help the tech guys a little faster or something because this is taking way too long
  • aranhiamaranhiam Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Unfortunately no...
    I know about the files cuz I ran the game through steam. But steam doesn't have a popup list of which files are damaged or at least I dunno where to look for one. It just pops a window showing the loading scale when I hit verify content of the game, than shows a message 2 files failed to verify and than it patches them up.
    And than when I start the game launcher, the game launcher re-patches the corrupted once back. Probably believing those files are the correct once instead.
    And if you run Arc it just starts the game launcher instead which has a verifier, but that verifier seems to see those files as working. And "Safe Mod" or -3d9d or what it was the command for directX doesn't help in this case.
    translation, we be out of luck till they fix it, what a joke
    Ay that's how it is... *Prays loudly* "Oh Mighty Gods Of Valhala, Heed My Call! Patch this problem fast or strike with thunders those that ignore the wretched files that prevent me for playing STO".
    lol, just for the sake of it, i reported it to the support team too, just in case.
  • pavlovzdawgpavlovzdawg Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Re-formatted computer. Re-installed Windows. Re-built CPU systems and drivers. Re-installed game. Still get the exact same result: Game loads halfway and crashes. dll missing and/or HTTPInterface error messages ensue.

I clean up my PC this way every six months or so - there is simply no better way to improve/maintain system performance. If this does not solve the problems, I can guarantee that the problem does not exist in my mind or on my system - probably none of your systems as well. This is a pure Cryptic coding issue. As I stated before, I am beginning to believe that much of their interface coding was not designed to be modular. As such, every change requires that they rewrite the interface software.

Hopped on my work CPU thinking the problem might be my personal system capabilities. Same exact problem. Checked with brother - whose system could run a small country - same problem.

For info, what OS is everyone running? Where are you located?

The last major trouble of this nature was the regional coding interface between Comcast and the US Midwestern/Western company (? forgot the name ?) which routed the stream between the Mid-Atlantic region (NC to NY) and Cryptic Studios in CA.
  • jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    I'm in upstate New York and am running Windows XP....yea ancient I know, but u know what, its a great OS and I have never had an issue with it, or with any program until now. Considering the issues started with the launch of season 11.5 I doubt its my system either. Just gotta be patient and wait for the patch considering it appears sum others have uninstalled and reinstalled and it has had no change.
    Canada BC, Windows XP and I can still run SC 2 :P
  • pavlovzdawgpavlovzdawg Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    South Central, PA here. We are running xp as well - solely because it uses less RAM, occupies less space, requires far less system resource allocation, etc. etc.

I will check with a few friends who I know are running 7.
    Guy, GUY! As I pointed out in the previous posts the problem is in the 2 corrupted files that are in the STO launcher itself. Its not in the Arc launcher nor in the Steam.
    I also remembered someone saying that STO has problems with W7 - 10 or something like that.
    is that true?
    just asking
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I got my game going again. I had to use the Frame Rate Stabilizers. Make sure they both are ON. Try this to see if that helps. I run XP as well on my Bootcamp with an IMac.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    where is that option located?
  • edwardsparrow1edwardsparrow1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    reinstalled my game, it runs so damn slow in the log in screen, gameplay seems fine. This is not a good update at all, seems to be the worst for me so far.
    and now it keeps crashing as it's loading into the game......
    dun dun dun
    got a reply from the ticket, they want my computer specs, aside from giving that to them, i gave a link to this thread
    edited April 2016
    even if you send them the specs of your PC ain't gonna chance the fact that the 2 broken files are still there haunting the gamelauncher... :/ "future start's slow"
    i sent it just so they cant say "you never sent it so we cant help"
    Wellp I hope they work out this problem fast... I sent a new ticket to the PW customer support I'm already a week behind with the grinding and so on on STO.
    no kidding
    guys still having problems getting on?
    Yep! Still waiting for the patch-up fix...
    PEOPLE I HAVE RETURNED WITH WORDS OF WISDOM! I Preach thee method I used to login back into STO.
    FIRST:
    If you have Steam and Star Trek Online installed.
    Right click the game and select properties should be at the bottom of the fall menu.
    In options Verify the game to fix the files BUT don't start the game launcher.
    SECOND:
    in the Star Trek Online folder which is for Arc there should be a folder named Star Trek Online_en
    Inside there should be an exe file Star Trek Online.exe to run directly the game double click to start.
    Login and its done! At least that's how it worked for me.

Important: DO NOT RUN ARC cuz it will load the corrupted launcher run the gamelauncher from your game folder.

In My case D:\Games\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online.exe

I hope this helps you out and it works for you my fellow trekies as it worked for me.
    Options in what tab to repair it?
    edited April 2016
    I did the repair through steam
    Right Click the game in (Steam Launcher) >>> Properties >>> Local Files >>> Verify Integrity of Game Chache

Than once verified close steam and through the d:\Games\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online.exe Start the game.

I was online and even did my grind today
    edited April 2016
    LOL I got a replay from Support and they tell me to do what I did before they even replay.
    "Delete game and all content, re-download game and install"
    :D Even tho I pointed them out in not 1 but 2 tickets that the the problem isn't in the game but the patch.

I guess someone didn't read the ticket I sent closely.
    there also telling me to try and remove the game, and that some bugs are caused by steam, sounds like too many possible reasons for the bug/s
    mine doesnt have Verify Integrity of Game Chache in it?
    there is just the one tab, 2 things for target and start in, then 2 options for change (something) and set launch options, thats all i see
    I have the game running on a machine with Windows 10, I guess it's a Windows XP, we no longer support your old OS, thing.

I'll have to give the steam thing a go on my XP machine