test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

old bug even worse after skilltreerevamp character tray buggy since MONTH (partly fixed)

scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
edited June 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
followuptopic to this: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1210041/tr-116b-sniper-rifle-cant-shoot-character-tray-bugged

you never fixed it and now after the skilltree revamp its even worse

so basicly after you red the olt topic

now ther eis NO option to put in an attack for ANY weapon to my tray

i really needa dev to llok into this

so who wants to be my hero?
@tarastheslayer @borticuscryptic or YOU?

screen:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cf8gUjSW4AArVFj.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by scrooge69 on

Comments

• preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    i had the same thing as i played around on the Tribble Test Server (Season 11.5)

one of my Main Character Clones was corrupted during the transfer
    i had Problems with my Tray , no matter what i equiped it did not showed up
    at all in the "spell book" (you know the "P" button), hole abilites , Equipment, weapons

like in your linked picture

There was no way to fix that, on tribble i just took the stuff , deleted that Clone
    BUT if you have that on the Holodeck Server .... you are pretty much f***

Looks like a glitch , or bug in the charactrer files itself ....
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    ok so if the devs would look onto your tribble acc maybe compare that corrupted to your working and fix it maybe?

@borticuscryptic can u do that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    @scrooge69, is this a Holodeck character that's exhibiting this behavior? If so, can you provide the CHARACTER@HANDLE for it? We may need to take a look at the specific character, in order to track down the oddity.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    @borticuscryptic Melanie@VladTepech yes it is on holodeck

if u need any other information i ll be happy to provide them :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Would you mind trying this for me? Transfer a new copy of that character to Tribble, and let me know if the bug is still present on the character on that server?
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
    @borticuscryptic yep its also on tribble (1 copy, didnt try multiple coppies)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • retro1238#7671 retro1238 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I am afraid i have the same problem.
    as I feel your pain im also glad im not the only one..... im waiting for a fix since january
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It only just popped up for me.
    It appears a shard maintenance is happening. Hope this may fix it?
    not in this patch it seems

@borticuscryptic do you have any info for us on what the progress is? have you identiefied the problem?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • katyusha454katyusha454 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem on at least one of my characters (T'Meni@Katyusha454). My Romulan is fine (she had all her weapons moved to bar 7 but I was able to move them back down) but I haven't checked my other two alts yet.
    I moved everything into place. It is quite annoying..
    edited April 2016
    errr how can you move ground weapon attacks to your tray while in space @retro1238#7671 ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lol. Not possible. Arranged space first then went to NR and arranged ground. I used power table :/
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Power tray is still somewhat bugged - the game removes most devices from power tray when i restart game (i mean when the game is starting after shut-down) - Shard of Possibilities, Trbbles, Paradox Corrector for Ground, for Space: Shield batteries, Subspace Field Modulator
    Edit:
    That's on Holodeck, not checked on Tribble - Test server got its own Threads after all...
    I'm not sure we r talking about the same bug here

in my case liek yo ucna see on the screenshot

the option to put groundweapon attacks onto the tray are basicly MISSING
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • katyusha454katyusha454 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Alright I checked my alts and none of them have the issue, it's just T'Meni. Which is really annoying since she's my main and I've spent a decent chunk of money on her. If this issue isn't resolved in a reasonable timeframe I may be forced to request a refund.

Edit: Found a solution! Pressing P to bring up the list of powers allows you to drag them from the list onto your action bar.
    Post edited by katyusha454 on
    are you 4 real? @katyusha454

did u eve nread my 1st post?

did u even check my screenshot?

My problem is that there is NO OPTION (including press P aka see screenshot) to get ground weapons into my tray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    scrooge69 wrote: »
    My problem is that there is NO OPTION (including press P aka see screenshot) to get ground weapons into my tray

I've been having this exact same problem. In my case, however, I've been able to fix it by doing some other stuff (such as browsing the Exchange or opening the Bank) and then pressing P again. And a few more times, and eventually pressing P shows everything.
    @johnnyray14#4257 well tried that today but also b4 and didnt wotk... thx

@borticuscryptic hey I know u re buissy but can you tell me if you are working on this or not and if and when i can expect a fix?
    or if there is anyth I can try to work arround the bug myself?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some investigation has been done, but we don't have anything worthy of an update just yet.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
    @borticuscryptic ok thx 4 info
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • electrumleopardelectrumleopard Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Some investigation has been done, but we don't have anything worthy of an update just yet.

"I just wanted to update you on that I do not have anything to update you on. Stand by for further updates"

*Sorry*

Smartassery kicked in.
    well its nice to get a dev response at all unf thats not usual here

knowing that you issue has not been forgotten IS an update!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    scrooge69 wrote: »
    well its nice to get a dev response at all unf thats not usual here

knowing that you issue has not been forgotten IS an update!

Agreed, it's great to hear acknowledgement of issues. Thanks Borticus! It's a lot easier to be patient when there's communication.
  • beauregarduk2beauregarduk2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    One of my level 60 characters, a Reman (Batus@Beauregard-UK), is also missing the weapon attack options ('Beam Setting', 'Wide Beam Setting', 'Rifle Butt') along with 'Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation'. All of which are no longer listed as being available in the ground actions tray list for him to select.

Fortunately, although ALL of my other characters also had these actions and other items removed from their trays after the 11.5 update, I was at least able to re-slot them, since in their cases these actions were not AWOL from their 'P' list.

Thus the bug seems to have permanently affected/crippled only the one toon on my account. It's just a shame that it happens to be my only level 60 Romulan faction character. :(
    thanks @borticuscryptic you fixed this with thge latest patch

now its back to my old issue where only the TR rifle wouls how jeb and punch instead of its firemodes

also see THIS: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1210041/tr-116b-sniper-rifle-cant-shoot-character-tray-bugged topic for further information
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jab and Punch are the standard "no weapon equipped" attacks. You should be able to drag your firing modes from your Powers List (press "P" by default to see this UI) into those positions, if they don't automatically get overridden by whatever weapon you've got equipped.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
    edited May 2016
    @borticuscryptic like i discribed a several times via ingame bugreport and here on the forums
    IT DOES NOT WORK for the TR sniper rifle, not by pressing P, not by using another TR, ....

they dont get overwritten and I cant dragh them by pressing P liek you can see on the screenshots i provided on my 1st topic over this 5 MONTH ago

every weapon works the TR rifle does not

I tried a lot of stuff ppl came up on the forum with

yeah u can read it all there:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1210041/tr-116b-sniper-rifle-cant-shoot-character-tray-bugged

I cant use my TR since 5 month now on that toon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]