test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trolls/griefers etc

Last couple of days had elite queue runs intentionally ruined by known trolls using known troll tactics, hadn't seen these guys in a while and had hoped that they had been removed for good. Its the same toons on the same accounts, why won't cryptic remove these worst offenders?

Comments

• asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Highly doubt we will see them get dealt with in much of a fashion other than maybe a suspension at most. Though i would rather it be that in ques the system would not group you with people/characters/accounts on your ignore/block list, as this would actually improve the player's experience with a very low impact on other player's experiences in the que as well.
  • marimariam#3881 marimariam Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    good thing there is the name and shame rule to prevent threads like this from giving a bad name to known pillars of the community. inb4 lock
    ^ let the flaming begin
  • farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    Is a banned player likely to purchase Zen?
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I don't know if its trolling or griefing but a few pug runs I have had some of the other team players would leave the mission just as we were about to take down the citadel dreadnought. Last three mission we lost two and then three on the next mission causing another player and I to do the mission on our own. I tell you, two players alone against that ship took a long while to kill.

I thanked the other player after we finished the mission for at least hanging around and helping out but it's starting to get bad.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    There are no rules in this game, it's completely unmoderated.

Your griefer will not be dealt with, all you can do is add him/her to ignore and move on with your life.

I highly doubt that anyone has ever been banned from STO for any reason other then fraud. If they think you're cheating PWE out of money, you'll be instantly banned.. any other behavior is fully allowed and players simply have no recourse.

Hit the 'report' button if it makes you feel better, but it's a placebo. It's not pleasant but it's the truth. The forum is semi-moderated and the game is a total free for all. Anything goes.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I think the volume of players getting DC's these days isn't helping as from someone else's perspective it can quite often look like people are dropping out at key points in a mission, and griefing the remaining players.
    SulMatuul.png
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    That reminds me, I missed my last Dental appointment, I had better rebook it.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    asuran14 wrote: »
    Highly doubt we will see them get dealt with in much of a fashion other than maybe a suspension at most. Though i would rather it be that in ques the system would not group you with people/characters/accounts on your ignore/block list, as this would actually improve the player's experience with a very low impact on other player's experiences in the que as well.

It may be supposed to do so, but I regularly get queued with people I have on ignore... So...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    These people are probably hired by other companies to spoil the game experience here. If they are succesful, players will leave and the game company looses income and goes broke. It is just business.
    edited March 2016
    fovrel wrote: »
    These people are probably hired by other companies to spoil the game experience here. If they are succesful, players will leave and the game company looses income and goes broke. It is just business.

I'm not quite convinced that the Exec's from Blizzard Entertainment are sitting around the boardroom discussing how to 'grief' STO players (or other MMO
    players).

giphy.gif

I think most game company's have better things to do with their time :dizzy:
    This reminds me, I need to get my teeth whitened at my next dental appointment.
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    How about when the elite queue troll then fills the chat with how much fun he is having abusing his meds?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    There are no rules in this game, it's completely unmoderated.

Your griefer will not be dealt with, all you can do is add him/her to ignore and move on with your life.

I highly doubt that anyone has ever been banned from STO for any reason other then fraud. If they think you're cheating PWE out of money, you'll be instantly banned.. any other behavior is fully allowed and players simply have no recourse.

Hit the 'report' button if it makes you feel better, but it's a placebo. It's not pleasant but it's the truth. The forum is semi-moderated and the game is a total free for all. Anything goes.

This. Trendy even verified that the in-game report function does nothing.

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/12800334/#Comment_12800334​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    So Trendy makes a sarcastic comment about herself and you take that as confirmation of something? ROFL

No, I take the confirmation as a confirmation and the sarcasm as sarcasm pig-3.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Well, thing of it is they do need to do something about the one fleet, and all its leaders.
    One of the things is trolls can cause problems sometimes drive people from the game, the longest term players are the rp community players they really need to punish harshly those that troll rp. Example, in elder scrolls online, those that troll rp will get hit with a ban. They do take that seriously so yeah I would like to see more efforts maybe getting more support staff to finally take care or warn those clowns if they do it again they will have permanent account ban. They might think they lose money by permabaning these people but it will get them more money because rpers will come in and spend money for items. This is what they need to do, I would like to see risa full of rp a few areas are just perfect for this. But those trolls keep players away so how can you have a active rp community when you have people doing what they are doing to troll others away.
    Thing of it is, the trolls do cheat pwe of money when they drive players that will most likly buy items away.
    They would make more money just by taking care of the problem makers, no matter how much they may have helped the player base which is not much they still need to punish those that ruin the fun of those wanting to experience the lore and make their own contributions to it through fan made stuff.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    My friends and I play queues almost exclusively and meet pugs all the time. If there are still trolls in game it can’t be many or they don’t play that often.

Last time we encountered two players of the STO goon fleets was in an IGA. I can’t even tell if they tried to troll or not. All hostages were saved by me and my friends and we played the map undisturbed. It’s not as we would have bothered with trigger lines or waiting in front of Ogens/Becca rooms ourselves.

AFKers, noobs, trolls. I could imagine that they still pose and obstacle for weak teams but considering how good regular players can and have become in STO the past year trolls somehow lost relevance in 2016. I mean an attempt at kasa probe soccer is something you hardly even notice on a 100k+ DPS build. You just fly by and shoot anyway.

The way I see it Cryptic simply patched out most of the trolls with power creep.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    My friends and I play queues almost exclusively and meet pugs all the time. If there are still trolls in game it can’t be many or they don’t play that often.

Last time we encountered two players of the STO goon fleets was in an IGA. I can’t even tell if they tried to troll or not. All hostages were saved by me and my friends and we played the map undisturbed. It’s not as we would have bothered with trigger lines or waiting in front of Ogens/Becca rooms ourselves.

AFKers, noobs, trolls. I could imagine that they still pose and obstacle for weak teams but considering how good regular players can and have become in STO the past year trolls somehow lost relevance in 2016. I mean an attempt at kasa probe soccer is something you hardly even notice on a 100k+ DPS build. You just fly by and shoot anyway.

The way I see it Cryptic simply patched out most of the trollswith power creep.

What would help is making party balls only useable once and you can't put another one down for 20 minutes and they should also cost a lot more lat to get. They do need to shorten the time they last also they need to make ballon guns not work in social rp friendly areas on risa or ds9 or donaza station, they can do it near the teleporter or near the lat table on risa but not near the bars, and they would be unable to use it on earth space dock or ds9.
    Party balls can cause lag, if their is to many of them and the ballons can be spammed forever by a troll, which is why they have to limit these devices. Bad for the trolls good for everyone else.
    I don't want them to get rid of toys people use for fun but they should not be used to troll others either.
    They need to balance these troll toys out, so they can be enjoyable to everyone. Their is a time and a place for them, just not in the areas where they can troll rp and also cause strain on the server.

They do need a time limit and a cool down for using a balloon gun basically can only be used once every five minutes.

I do not want them to take them out because people like them but they need to make it clear they are not ment to troll others and are for personal use plus used for fun in a group. Not as troll devices, and they can't be used to troll rpers.
    This would be a big blow to the trolls, in the game and basically also allow rpers to return in numbers and basically they get more money this way.

Also for queue trolls they could basically make it so you don't get rewarded nor able to sell any items on exchange from queues if you afked for more then 5 minutes. Also would like to see them force players that left more then one queue into a queue and unable to leave if they joined it and just left to join again that way people can't troll queues from starting.

Basically they have work ahead of them but if they do the right thing then the game would be better for everyone and also we would not see people driven off from the game. Them not doing anything about the trolls is basically driving people from the game, Some people have said they will not pay cyptic any more money because of this issue of them not dealing with the trolls or basically possibly left the game for good for another mmo that does not allow this sort of thing. So yes they do need to take care of it. Its something they should not ignore. Trolls only hurt the community now zone chat trolls I can see and they are not as a problem to the game and you can ignore them. But in trolls blocking people from content or playing the way they want should not be tolerated. Basically this hurts the profits made from the game for cryptic and perfect world entertainment. They make a lot of money already but thye could make some more if they don't be as greedy with teir 6 ships and also take care of the trolls. A happy playerbase is a good way to make money.
    Post edited by thevampinator on
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    These threads always end well.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    why is this thread even in existence, if you knew you were teaming up with trolls, what makes you think a leopard can change its spots? its not possible. Op you should of known better. so again, why is there a thread about this?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    Has anyone seen my dental floss? I'm sure it was around here somewhere.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2016

The way I see it Cryptic simply patched out most of the trollswith power creep.

What would help is making party balls only useable once and you can't put another one down for 20 minutes and they should also cost a lot more lat to get. They do need to shorten the time they last also they need to make ballon guns not work in social rp friendly areas on risa or ds9 or donaza station, they can do it near the teleporter or near the lat table on risa but not near the bars, and they would be unable to use it on earth space dock or ds9.
    Party balls can cause lag, if their is to many of them and the ballons can be spammed forever by a troll, which is why they have to limit these devices. Bad for the trolls good for everyone else.
    I don't want them to get rid of toys people use for fun but they should not be used to troll others either.
    They need to balance these troll toys out, so they can be enjoyable to everyone. Their is a time and a place for them, just not in the areas where they can troll rp and also cause strain on the server.

They do need a time limit and a cool down for using a balloon gun basically can only be used once every five minutes.

I do not want them to take them out because people like them but they need to make it clear they are not ment to troll others and are for personal use plus used for fun in a group. Not as troll devices, and they can't be used to troll rpers.
    This would be a big blow to the trolls, in the game and basically also allow rpers to return in numbers and basically they get more money this way.

Also for queue trolls they could basically make it so you don't get rewarded nor able to sell any items on exchange from queues if you afked for more then 5 minutes. Also would like to see them force players that left more then one queue into a queue and unable to leave if they joined it and just left to join again that way people can't troll queues from starting.

Basically they have work ahead of them but if they do the right thing then the game would be better for everyone and also we would not see people driven off from the game. Them not doing anything about the trolls is basically driving people from the game, Some people have said they will not pay cyptic any more money because of this issue of them not dealing with the trolls or basically possibly left the game for good for another mmo that does not allow this sort of thing. So yes they do need to take care of it. Its something they should not ignore. Trolls only hurt the community now zone chat trolls I can see and they are not as a problem to the game and you can ignore them. But in trolls blocking people from content or playing the way they want should not be tolerated. Basically this hurts the profits made from the game for cryptic and perfect world entertainment. They make a lot of money already but thye could make some more if they don't be as greedy with teir 6 ships and also take care of the trolls. A happy playerbase is a good way to make money.

Hehe, with the release of Delta Rising I had to reevaluate my understanding of trolling and Cryptic’s role in it a bit. Let’s just say I would not count on them to do anything about it.

My advice to you is to take matters into your own hands. We have two major DPS leagues in game. To my knowledge the metal league is completely troll free. Make a 10k ISA run and join it. Should solve all troll troubles for your PvE future.

As far as socializing is concerned my recommendation is to create your own “public” areas. With the armada system, custom chats, forums and star bases this is not as hard as it sounds.

My advice may sound a bit like “running away" to you and perhaps it is but try to realize from whom you are running from. I mean trolls who select STO of all games to annoy others probably feel the need to compensate for something in real live you and I better not try to understand. We should be grateful that we don’t have that kind of troubles. My understanding is that they are already penalized as hard as it gets so instead of being annoyed feel pity for them and leave them alone. ;)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    So Trendy makes a sarcastic comment about herself and you take that as confirmation of something? ROFL

No, I take the confirmation as a confirmation and the sarcasm as sarcasm pig-3.gif​​

lol
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • captaintroikacaptaintroika Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Well, thing of it is they do need to do something about the one fleet, and all its leaders.
    One of the things is trolls can cause problems sometimes drive people from the game, the longest term players are the rp community players they really need to punish harshly those that troll rp. Example, in elder scrolls online, those that troll rp will get hit with a ban. They do take that seriously so yeah I would like to see more efforts maybe getting more support staff to finally take care or warn those clowns if they do it again they will have permanent account ban. They might think they lose money by permabaning these people but it will get them more money because rpers will come in and spend money for items. This is what they need to do, I would like to see risa full of rp a few areas are just perfect for this. But those trolls keep players away so how can you have a active rp community when you have people doing what they are doing to troll others away.
    Thing of it is, the trolls do cheat pwe of money when they drive players that will most likly buy items away.
    They would make more money just by taking care of the problem makers, no matter how much they may have helped the player base which is not much they still need to punish those that ruin the fun of those wanting to experience the lore and make their own contributions to it through fan made stuff.

That's extremely rich coming from the furry ERP guy who hangs out on Risa all the time. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
    edited March 2016
    I would like to see risa full of rp a few areas are just perfect for this. But those trolls keep players away

Sorry but I've seen the creepy 'role play' that happens on Risa (the very reason it is popular with rp'ers is the scantly clad nature of the place). To be frank it makes the summer events uncomfortable - I'm not surprised that such 'role players' get mocked in order to disperse/scare them off.

And to be honest, I have absolutely no problem with a certain fleet that undertakes such 'clean up' operations (usually in a humorous manner).
    Post edited by equinox976 on
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Hehe like serial killers returning to the scene of a crime, threads like these never fail to draw members of Dental in droves.
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Hehe like serial killers returning to the scene of a crime, threads like these never fail to draw members of Dental in droves.

Personally I think Dental gets a bad rap. As someone else mentioned they do in fact provide a very nice public service channel helping people out.

Yes, it's pretty much 'known' that they will 'grief' 'erotic roleplayers' on Drozana and Risa, via baloon guns and dance globes,but I just see that as another public service; that kind of creepy stuff has no place in the game, especially when its done out in public.

If these erotic roleplayer's really want to do what they do, there are private invites to their own bridge ships (or failing that, creating their own foundry missions).

Personally I got fed up of all the 'catian - on - ferassion' 'action' (the silly 'press up' simulated sex they do) every time I visit Drozana or Risa for the summer events.

If Dental want to disperse this kind of behavior, then good on them :)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    erotic roleplaying is just another consequence of ever-increasing connection to the internet - everything else is digital, now sex is too​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    These threads always end well.

Thank goodness they just end...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    my teeth are SO white, and without proper dental hygiene, this could not be accomplished
This discussion has been closed.