test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So ... are we going to meet Captain Jonathan Archer?

valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 11,726 Arc User
Happened to notice that Scott Bakula's wikipedia page has an interesting tidbit on there...
2001–05
Star Trek: Enterprise
Captain Jonathan Archer

98 episodes / reprises role in video games Star Trek: Legacy and Star Trek Online

Is it a hoax? The truth? Or perhaps a Nemesis plot?
Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
thecosmic1 wrote:
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,537 Arc User
    I blame Noye.

It's not listed on IMDB (yet).
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Can I shoot him for bad acting??? Wait they wont even let me shoot Sela..... damn
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    I so hope we get him in game. Prob my fav capt atm. Best of the st series
  • Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Happened to notice that Scott Bakula's wikipedia page has an interesting tidbit on there...
    2001–05
    Star Trek: Enterprise
    Captain Jonathan Archer

98 episodes / reprises role in video games Star Trek: Legacy and Star Trek Online

Is it a hoax? The truth? Or perhaps a Nemesis plot?

I wouldn't trust it. It's more likely someone made a mistake.

sstosig2.png
  • Options
    johnthomas02johnthomas02 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    The information about STO was added on November 15, 2015. Since we haven't heard anything official in three and a half months, I'm assuming it's fake.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I'd say [citation needed] on that.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The information about STO was added on November 15, 2015. Since we haven't heard anything official in three and a half months, I'm assuming it's fake.
    Actually, 10 Nov 2015, but I digress. I'd say it's probably fake since the person who made the edit left no source, or anything else. I'm also leaning in the direction of intentional fake. The guy who added it doesn't add things to Wikipedia often.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,115 Community Moderator
    warpangel wrote: »
    I'd say [citation needed] on that.

I'll have to agree with this guy. While it is true Scott Bakula reprised his role as Archer for Star Trek Legacy (I happened to use a line from the game about Orion Slave Girls as my start up sound one time), we have no proof one way or the other if he's going to be in STO. I think it would be awesome, because we might get an NX bridge/interior and some Enterprise themed gear like the much requested Ent era MACO Uniform and maybe even a Phase Pistol and that MACO Phase Rifle that taunts us on ESD.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    That would be soo great!, loved Enterprise.... Except for the alien N-a-z-i-s (its censored?), but whats done is done.. and we have the alien TRIBBLE back... can we have Archer back?.. and i hope Trip?, T'pol??.. too much tu ask? :)
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Archer is my favorite star Trek captain because for me he always felt like he had the best attributes of the previous captains in sum.

I’d love to see him in STO.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    letsfadeawayletsfadeaway Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Duchess in STO? Well, as fed captains our characters make some decisisons that are in the ballpark of Duchess' biggest blunders so he should fit right in...
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    i hope STO does a quantum leap nod if this is true , thats how ent shouldve ended wouldve been the greatest ending EVER!!
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    I've been suspecting for a while that they'd be doing some sort of epic time travel plotline for the 50th anniversary, and since most of their stories lately feature time travel related...I'm guessing my suspicions were well founded.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    He'd be the first 'primary' captain actor we'd get in STO, right? I kinda liked Archer. Wasn't crazy about the whole time-travel Xindi story arc that killed the series. Not sure if Scott Bakula hadn't been cast if the writers wouldn't have gone so insane about time travel since they were writing for the Quantum Leap guy.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,115 Community Moderator
    I liked Archer too because he wasn't perfect.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    That would be rather awesome... I have a big soft spot for the ENT crew as they start out clueless and actually get to grow into a competent team; particularly Archer. I would honestly have thought Bakula was waaay out of Cryptic's price point though - he's one of the few Trek stars who is equally famous for other things.
  • Options
    apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Since mr Bakula is fulltime hired on NCIS Orleans (?), I would not think so, mostly because of his TV schedule (Have a lead role in a TV show eats freetime) and the fact that he must be very expensive.

However, with the new story arc of time travel, who knows, would be neat, thats for sure.
    The Nak'uhal (spell) episodes on ENT is one of my favorite of all time.

21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Archer is my favorite star Trek captain because for me he always felt like he had the best attributes of the previous captains in sum.

I’d love to see him in STO.

Agreed. also it definitely felt easier to relate to Archer than some other captains.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    Scott Bakula did a great job, despite what people will say. I loved him in the role, and would love to see him back!

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Naa, Patric is still my favorite, he is so peaceful in a way :)

Anyway, It would be awesome if Bakula would reprise his Star trek ego.
    Cryptic is doing time travel, they can use any of the ENT crew for a neat episode if they want.
    Would be awesome over a VO from Dominic Keating.
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    ... how... wha.... the man has 2 faces and speech tones how is he getting praise?? He couldn't act well in quantum leap and he's gotten worse since then....
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    ... how... wha.... the man has 2 faces and speech tones how is he getting praise?? He couldn't act well in quantum leap and he's gotten worse since then....

Holy TRIBBLE we agree on something else, the world is ending.

WE'RE ALL GONN DIE!!! DOOOOOOOOOM!!! :o
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Eh, I like Scott Bakula and I mostly liked Archer. He may not be as expressive as Patrick Stewart or (ahem!) William Shatner, but there's something inherently likable about him. He has an everyman appeal that none of the other Star Trek captains have got.

His voice is distinctive enough that we'd recognize him in a VO. That's all that matters, and it would be cool to see Archer in a STO time travel episode.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)