test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Admiralty Campaign

Comments

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    This is good. So the Romulans don't feel left out.

Anyway you can rework the entire system. Some points are too much to get good success %.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    nrankonranko Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    So, let me do a little math here.

3 Tech Upgrades @ 15,000 Tech Points each, huh?
    However, I'll need at least 10 days to complete the TOD assignments.

As opposed to:

Doing one 'Tour the Galaxy' to get enough EC to buy at least 3 Superior Tech Upgrades @ 12,800 Tech Points each from the Exchange, and doing one or two other daily missions for a little over 3,000 dilithium,
    which can be done every day in less than an hour.

So two hours of work over two days = more gained than 10 days of logging in to do useless assignments.

Yeah, thanks but no thanks, Cryptic. The novelty of your little collectible card game has worn off almost as soon as it was added to the game for me. (Might have been nice if you could do it from a browser window rather than booting up the entire game.)

At least the Admiralty System is a nice way to grind out levels to get from Lvl 52 to 60 or get some extra specialization points.
    So there's that, I guess. Otherwise I couldn't care less at this point.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 696 Arc User
    Yay! Thank you for a ROMULAN campaign, and a REMAN ship card as part of the prize. It's nice to see that inclusivity. Thank you!

And finally we have a no-DIL upgrade that increases Rarity Upgrade chance? Now THAT'S what an "Enhanced" upgrade ought to be! Thank you VERY much!

Now if only we could do DOFF and Admiralty missions from the Gateway, this system would be REALLY sweet!

But once again, thank you for the improvements.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    This is good. I look forward to this going live.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    nranko wrote: »

As opposed to:

Doing one 'Tour the Galaxy' to get enough EC to buy at least 3 Superior Tech Upgrades @ 12,800 Tech Points each from the Exchange, and doing one or two other daily missions for a little over 3,000 dilithium,

So two hours of work over two days = more gained than 10 days of logging in to do useless assignments.

Yeah, thanks but no thanks, Cryptic. The novelty of your little collectible card game has worn off almost as soon as it was added to the game for me. (Might have been nice if you could do it from a browser window rather than booting up the entire game.)

At least the Admiralty System is a nice way to grind out levels to get from Lvl 52 to 60 or get some extra specialization points.

You don't like it, you don't have to pay it. It's very simple.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    nrankonranko Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    nranko wrote: »

As opposed to:

You don't like it, you don't have to pay it. It's very simple.

And I'm not going to. I'm just expressing my opinion why I think it's a waste of time. You know, giving feedback. If the rewards were any good, I probably would play it.

If you like the Admiralty System for what it is, good for you. And I mean that sincerely. Enjoy. There seems to be a lot of people who like it. I'm just not one of them.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Season 11.5 continues to expand upon our Admiralty System with the addition of the Romulan Republic Campaign!

Check out the new rewards that come with the Romulan Republic Campaign!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

I forget, did either the Federation or Klingon Admiralty Campaigns offer Epic ships when they reach max rank, like the Romulan Republic Campaign does?
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    Eager for all things Romulan. Thanks. :-)
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Season 11.5 continues to expand upon our Admiralty System with the addition of the Romulan Republic Campaign!

I forget, did either the Federation or Klingon Admiralty Campaigns offer Epic ships when they reach max rank, like the Romulan Republic Campaign does?

They do. IIRC they're Rhode island (sci, 3x crit from stats) and Hegh (eng, +20 sci any ship.)
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Oooo... shiny.

I'm liking the idea of a R&D theme of this one...
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User

Zdenia.jpg
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/File:Zdenia.jpg

Zdenia
    Reman Zdenia
    Class: Mogai Heavy Warbird (Mob)
    Captain: Obisek
    Location(s): Brea System, Haakona System

The Zdenia is a Reman Valdore Heavy Warbird and the flagship of the Reman Resistance.

Crew

Captain Obisek

Missions involved

“Cutting the Cord”: The Zdenia engages the Tal Shiar's forces in the Brea System.
    “Vault Shuttle Event”: When the Romulans capture the Vault, the Zdenia is sent to protect the displaced Reman civilians while Obisek and the players retake the Vault. In this mission, Obisek commands the Rerik, a T'varo Light Warbird.

Notes

The Zdenia was originally a modified Mogai-class warbird. She was changed to a Valdore-class in the Legacy of Romulus expansion.

FROM: The OFFICIAL STO GamePedia at--> http://sto.gamepedia.com/Zdenia​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    T9's HAFEH RISING # 1
    eqWdqfM.png
    T9's HAFEH RISING # 2
    IkvXEJ2.png?1
    ​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    :: makes odd pterodactly screeching noises ::
  • Options
    xylylxylyl Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    This is good news for for us Romulan players using the admiralty system. Love the change of scenery.

Could one speculate that this is a step for Romulans to become a full-fledged faction? Romulan Lives Matter!

Jolan'tru & cheers ... RRF Captain Cybyl
    Thus spake Admiral Cybyl:  Alea iacta est. Ibis redibis,numquam per bello peribis. Ergo, per aspera ad astra!
  • Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    Nice, looking forward to getting those tech upgrades since they cost no dil. R&D system in this game sucks. Trying to upgrade something to the next rarity is too costly and its a gambling game. You would think having everything at max rank and vr doffs would be enough to get your items to epic with 100% chance. Quite a worthless system as it stands.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,414 Arc User
    Was under the impression that the romulan admiralty would kick off today. Sadly it seems i was mistaken.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    I hope those upgrades are account bound.

Odds are it will be Character Bound... The spec point reward is also character bound. The Dil reward is also for each character, but you can move it to the account's dil exchange.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Was under the impression that the romulan admiralty would kick off today. Sadly it seems i was mistaken.

You were mistaken. Season 11.5 is when it comes. The key is to READ the blogs.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,414 Arc User

Actually the key is to read them when not in a sleep deprived state. (Upon returning from night shift)

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Interesting idea with Rom TRIBBLE for Tech Upgrades while the KDF & Fed TRIBBLE's are about Dil & XPs. Curious to see what things you get as you try to complete Rom TRIBBLE.

Oh, the acronym for Admiralty Ship System is censored? >:)
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    Ummm... well, it does spell TRIBBLE...
  • Options
    Oh... and if it's possible... No dil event rewards please, unless they are Dilithium Refining Mission Vouchers (granting us special DoFF tasks to refine extra Dil for the day).

I barely play my main atm... he's drowning in dil to refine.
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    Oh... and if it's possible... No dil event rewards please, unless they are Dilithium Refining Mission Vouchers (granting us special DoFF tasks to refine extra Dil for the day).

I barely play my main atm... he's drowning in dil to refine.

Or Cryptic could... I dunno... up the refinement limit? Because with the Admiralty system, 8K in a single pop is a joke.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Here I was hoping for an Iotian campaign. I wanted to go ship doffing with 1920's Chicago Gangsters.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,776 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    Here I was hoping for an Iotian campaign. I wanted to go ship doffing with 1920's Chicago Gangsters.​​
    I want a piece of that action, too.
    latest?cb=20060115082426&path-prefix=en
    :smiley:

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    I will admit my doubts over the Admiralty Sytem when it arrived. Happily, I came around to liking it for the most part. Except for the fact the Events seemed to be attached to the wrong factions. Most of the Tactical Events appear in the Fed Campaign while the KDF gets most of the Science ones. Which seems bass ackwards somehow. But who amongst us really understands DevSpeak?

I really enjoyed Legacy of Romulus. I think it is the best part of the game all around. I spend more time playing my Space Elves than everything else combined. So anything added which makes the Half Faction a centerpiece is something I am all for.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    primar13 wrote: »
    Upgrades with no Dil Cost, that also has a Chance to increase Quality?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Of course. it's high quality Romulan technology. Just be careful I hear there's also a small chance for an unshielded singularity to be created on board your ship when you use them... :p

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User

Actually the key is to read them when not in a sleep deprived state. (Upon returning from night shift)

Actually the key is: "Hype Is Dumb."

Let me know when something is actually going live instead of what might be months ahead of time.
  • Options
    asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    Good news for the Romulans, any chance of their own fleets in future :P