test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Admiralty Campaign

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Season 11.5 continues to expand upon our Admiralty System with the addition of the Romulan Republic Campaign!

Check out the new rewards that come with the Romulan Republic Campaign!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Sounds neat...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Yay!
  • Options
    decker73adecker73a Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Excellent. I've been hoping the next hero Admiralty ship would have a tactical focus.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    This was the most logical next Campaign to create, I approve. :D
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Glad this finally made it in!
  • Options
    trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    sounds like sth I'm going to farm :)

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    thegdthadmanthegdthadman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Can't wait!
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Upgrades with no Dil Cost, that also has a Chance to increase Quality?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Sooo called it! :smiley:

Then again, it was totally logical. ^^

Can't wait to add Obisek's ship to my roster. :3
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I hope those upgrades are account bound.

Most of my main characters that have plenty of ships to use in the Admiralty system don't really need these upgrades... they'd be more useful for alts. But those alts usually have less ships either because they don't have lobi ships or because they're part of another faction. Thus making it more difficult to collect these tech upgrades on those alts.

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Does this go live with this weeks patch or is it something that won't hit till Season 11.5 comes?
    The Blog is kinda-sorta vague with that.
    (kinda like the ARC 3.0 blog didn't indicate that it was going live on the same day)

giphy.gif

I'm also confused as to when 11.5 is actually going to show up.
    (though some time in April is when I would imagine)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,141 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    daveyny wrote: »
    Does this go live with this weeks patch or is it something that won't hit till Season 11.5 comes?

I didn't think it was vague at all:
    Season 11.5 continues to expand upon our Admiralty System with the addition of the Romulan Republic Campaign.

However, since we're talking about Tech Upgrades, there's still nowhere on New Romulus selling them, despite the Tech Upgrade NPC saying that you can.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2016

I didn't think it was vague at all:
    Season 11.5 continues to expand upon our Admiralty System with the addition of the Romulan Republic Campaign.

OK... but..., is 11.5 going to hit all at once?
    It seems like the new Skill system is still in the testing stage, but all this new stuff They are announcing feels like it's ready to go.

So I'm wondering if things are going to all hit at once or will it be rolled out over a couple/few weeks?

One would assume that it would behoove Them to try an avoid another "Delta Rising" fiasco and actually wait for Their more complicated content (New Skill Tree) to be sufficiently prepared before just dropping it into the game.
    (I know, I know, I'm an optimist)
    But that's no reason to hold back other things that are (hopefully) WAI.

UnvL-qRb.jpeg

Post edited by daveyny on
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    Well this is a pleasant surprise I thought the Romulan Republic would go totally ignored.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Yay!

Ditto!
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    (kinda like the ARC 3.0 blog didn't indicate that it was going live on the same day)

giphy.gif

I'm also confused as to when 11.5 is actually going to show up.
    (though some time in April is when I would imagine)

Just keep calm dude.
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,776 Arc User
    Season 11.5 continues to expand upon our Admiralty System with the addition of the Romulan Republic Campaign!

Do players need to have a Romulan Captain to participate?

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User

Do players need to have a Romulan Captain to participate?

It's an Admiralty campaign. If we didn't need to have a Federation (if your klingon) character to do the Federation track or vice versa, we don't need a Romulan character. All we need are our Admiralty ships.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    daltonimperialdaltonimperial Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Cool.
  • Options
    aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    can we get some Romulan Republic Science Ships to go with that? ;)
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • Options
    johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Awesome! Great to have another Admiralty campaign, and the Romulan theme is perfect.

P.S. I hope it actually awards Campaign XP every time, unlike Klingon Admiralty ;).
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    Here are the stats for the R.R.W. Zdenia:
    Tier 6 - Maintenance: 18 hrs
    • ENG 23
    • SCI 51
    • TAC 61
    +15 ENG and TAC per Any Ship
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Here are the stats for the R.R.W. Zdenia:
    Tier 6 - Maintenance: 18 hrs
    • ENG 23
    • SCI 51
    • TAC 61
    +15 ENG and TAC per Any Ship

Very nice stats. More Sci was needed for Romulan Admiralty players. Unfortunately, you have to complete the campaign to get it... :(

I'd ask if more Sci was on the way with new Admiralty cards, but I guess you wouldn't be able to talk about that...

What I would ask is, will the events and assignments have as strong an emphasis on Sci that the other two campaigns have, or will they play more to the strengths of Romulan players and the ships that Romulan players have available to them?

In the Fed and KDF campaigns I'd be hosed if I didn't have access to the Romulan variant of the Dyson Science Destroyer, because so many of the events increase Sci requirements and some of them dramatically. It would be nice if the Tac-heavy ship lineup for Romulans was reflected in their campaign.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Very nice.....

Knew this would happen eventually and I was wondering what they'd give for the Lvl. 10 ToD reward for this as well. Upgrades is a nice reward.

I'm excited that other campaigns could be introduced as well, can we get a nice Ferengi one focusing of trade please?
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Very nice.....

Knew this would happen eventually and I was wondering what they'd give for the Lvl. 10 ToD reward for this as well. Upgrades is a nice reward.

I'm excited that other campaigns could be introduced as well, can we get a nice Ferengi one focusing of trade please?

Heh. I'll second that notion for a Ferengi-themed campaign someday. Pirates, smugglers, bribes, acquisitions, maybe some gold plated latinum... what's not to like? ;)
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Upgrades sound neat, but, correct me if I'm wrong, that's an equivalent of 5k dil or so, unless they have higher upgrade% too, 3 of them are not quite as valuable as the rep points or dil from other 2 campaigns. On the other hand, if the non-tour assignments there give mostly materials, the campaign itself is very much worth it...
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    nebfab wrote: »
    Upgrades sound neat, but, correct me if I'm wrong, that's an equivalent of 5k dil or so, unless they have higher upgrade% too, 3 of them are not quite as valuable as the rep points or dil from other 2 campaigns. On the other hand, if the non-tour assignments there give mostly materials, the campaign itself is very much worth it...

It helps to bypass the Dil refining for the purpose of upgrades a tiny bit, but indeed unless the qic % is really high I'm not so sure about it. Hope the Rom campaign when released is equally valuable to KDF or Feds ones for all players, and that these are account-bound so alts can make use of them too.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    Excellent news!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix