test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Into The Breach Event

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Gather your friends to journey once more into the breach with our all new event, as we see the return of The Breach!

Learn more details about it here.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Ccjwy_OXIAEN-T8.jpg:large

#TrendyFail
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Can we have the real T6 V.S.S Tanius instead of the card? or are you guys starting a new lockbox?​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Oh... I've never played the original Breach, but seen a neat video (from lootcritter, I believe).
    I wonder if it has been significantly shortened for the event? I can't imagine it working as a PUG event otherwise.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2016
    Lol Trendy!

^..^
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2016
    Oh... I'm not going to like this...

I didn't much care for the mission before it was axed, I really don't want to have to do it 12 times* a day for two weeks for an Admirality ship. :(

I'm seriously considering passing on this event. It's not like I need the dilithium anyway. :/

*I know I can do it on just a few characters instead of all of them, but missing the reward on a few characters and having it on others would bother me more than just not getting it.

Edit: Perhaps I can muster through it on my main, and pray that Cryptic decides to eventually make these kind of rewards account unlocks... Yeah, I can do that. :/
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    I liked The Breach. Glad to see it back in some form. To be honest, I don't even care about rewards, but will play it for itself :)​​
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    But dat Admiralty ship tho!

I'm actually looking forward to it, I never really got much play out of the Breach so this is a good opportunity to really get in there. And the changes to track might actually clean up the things I got hung up on.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Sweet! I am gonna slay Voth until my friggin' eyes bleed!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I only tried the original twice and felt Totally INadequate for the teams I was on.
    Perhaps this time I'll have a better understanding of the goals.

11910073_424074034450368_1751643379_n.jpg
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Loved the que b4. The first part was a bore tho. A single track sounds like a great improvment. Ship card looks great (+50 all when alone)
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    +50 all when alone? :o

This will be very useful for my Klingon and Romulan characters :)

Is the Tanius already in the game btw? I've never seen it before? Or will it be part of the new event?
    Can we have the real T6 V.S.S Tanius instead of the card? or are you guys starting a new lockbox?​​

I hope so, would love to see more of the Voth. As playable species one day, or at least as allies eventually.
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    This sounds fantastic! Let's smack around more dinosaurs than all of the "Land Before Time" movies combined! Sorry, Ducky.
    latest?cb=20141016053315

Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Wow O.O

Helm, take us back to the Solanae Sphere! We have a ship to wreck, and a party to crash! ^^
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »

...I really don't want to have to do it 12 times* a day for two weeks for an Admirality ship. :(

Edit: Perhaps I can muster through it on my main, and pray that Cryptic decides to eventually make these kind of rewards account unlocks... Yeah, I can do that. :/
    Some of us altoholics would certainly love these event rewards to be account-unlocks, similar to the summer, winter and anniversary ships. I don't think that's going to happen, though. :(
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2016
    orion0029 wrote: »

...I really don't want to have to do it 12 times* a day for two weeks for an Admirality ship. :(

Some of us altoholics would certainly love these event rewards to be account-unlocks, similar to the summer, winter and anniversary ships. I don't think that's going to happen, though. :(

Indeed, sadly I have to agree with your assessment. Still, I'll get it on one just in case 'the powers that be' decide to change their minds... someday. :/
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Maybe someday alts can get the shiny (but not the dil or marks) for just 1 run after the main has completed it.

I've never played this queue so it will be fresh content for me, I'm looking forward to it.

• Options
    x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    This is cool. I think I would prefer if it was just returned to the que but at least people will for sure play it this way.

I assume the same will be happening with Mine Trap which again i would prefer if it just was put back in the que, but as an event with guaranteed play is good in it's own way.
  • Options
    nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    Will completing this project on one character allow the admiralty card to be reclaimed on alts? Or will we have to run this project on all of our alts?
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Thanks for bringing it back, there was a lot of uproar when it was removed. Never a favourite of mine and not one i personally ran, but glad those that did play it have their chance to play it once again.

I however will pass on the Event i have the right cards for the only admiralty missions that matter to me KDF tour of duty 1-10
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter

These grinds are getting old fast. Frankly, this week it seems we've gotten hit with every trick in the book they have to keep player interest up. Bonus XP, doff promotion, new admirality grind, and Voth event.

• Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    account wide VSS please.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    account wide VSS please.

This, getting old running these all the time each day when other events are now account wide.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Will completing this project on one character allow the admiralty card to be reclaimed on alts? Or will we have to run this project on all of our alts?

All alts, including future ones.

... Except future alts can't do the event at all because they won't be around for the event itself. :rage:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

No, based on every other queue event of the last year.

Like I said above, it would be nice to at least be able to get the shiny on alts (without the dil or marks) for just 1 run. But that's just a wish, they aren't offering that project.
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Sounds fun. Never played the original, looking forward to playing the update.
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Not going to happen. Thankfully. You think you have issues with the size of ships now... This thing is enormous. I wonder how many Scimitars can fit inside this ship?
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    One, two, maybe three Scimitars.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    Just wanted to submit my 2ec here about making the Admiralty card an acct wide unlock.
  • Options
    mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    I'm starting to hyperventilate here a bit. I just know I'll be tempted to do this on all toons but I also know it's going to be time gated like mirror. I may cry blood by the end of two weeks :(
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."