test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I was reading the comments on the new skills revamp and...

I had to repost my comment here.

The amount of whiners and wambulance sirens is astonishing....

I waste $5 in vending machines at work. A $5 respec token is nothing. I have spent $200 in a week just **** off in this game. If a respec token is such a burden to purchase knowing that your money goes to support the game, then leave. We DON'T NEED YOU OR ANY OTHER PLAYER ON THIS FORUM BUTT HURT OVER A STUPID RESPEC TOKEN. Go play another game.

I put money in the game because I support it and want to keep playing it. Like rent or car payments... you want a roof over your head and a whip to get back and forth... gotta pay. You want a game to play... you gotta pay the programmers and distributors something... they have to eat too.

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,538 Arc User
    Because your opinion is too important to post in the many existing threads?
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, so, the OP is a pretty excellent example of hypocrisy. Whining about other people whining is still whining, so the OP is just as big of a whiner as anyone else. The best part is the blatantly contradictory logic:

If a respec token is such a burden to purchase knowing that your money goes to support the game, then leave. We DON'T NEED YOU OR ANY OTHER PLAYER ON THIS FORUM BUTT HURT OVER A STUPID RESPEC TOKEN. Go play another game.

Ok, everybody paying attention? Here goes: the OP is saying that if you don't like something...go away. By *HIS* logic, that means if he doesn't like seeing the whining...he should go away. That's *HIS* logic. But since he can't even follow his own advice, no one else should either.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    dragonkata81dragonkata81 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    That be $5 in your local currency yes?

That could be $10 or higher in some places where STO can be played.

Not so much of a disposable income once you lose the homefield advantage.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    bjchiemara wrote: »
    I had to repost my comment here.

The amount of whiners and wambulance sirens is astonishing....

I waste $5 in vending machines at work. A $5 respec token is nothing. I have spent $200 in a week just **** off in this game. If a respec token is such a burden to purchase knowing that your money goes to support the game, then leave. We DON'T NEED YOU OR ANY OTHER PLAYER ON THIS FORUM BUTT HURT OVER A STUPID RESPEC TOKEN. Go play another game.

I put money in the game because I support it and want to keep playing it. Like rent or car payments... you want a roof over your head and a whip to get back and forth... gotta pay. You want a game to play... you gotta pay the programmers and distributors something... they have to eat too.

How about you buy everyone some respec tokens if $5 means so little to you? Probably healthier for you than eating out of a vending machine.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Because your opinion is too important to post in the many existing threads?

LOL. I was just gonna make a 'special-snowflake' comment on it myself, but you guys ninja-ed it. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    bjchiemarabjchiemara Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Yeah, so, the OP is a pretty excellent example of hypocrisy. Whining about other people whining is still whining, so the OP is just as big of a whiner as anyone else. The best part is the blatantly contradictory logic:

If a respec token is such a burden to purchase knowing that your money goes to support the game, then leave. We DON'T NEED YOU OR ANY OTHER PLAYER ON THIS FORUM BUTT HURT OVER A STUPID RESPEC TOKEN. Go play another game.

Ok, everybody paying attention? Here goes: the OP is saying that if you don't like something...go away. By *HIS* logic, that means if he doesn't like seeing the whining...he should go away. That's *HIS* logic. But since he can't even follow his own advice, no one else should either.

Ok, everybody pay attention... Here goes: the guy above saying the guy above should go away because the guy above is afraid that the guy above the guy above has a point and the guy above wanted to look cool and come on here and support others complaining they want something for nothing instead of supporting a game they play.

I said "go play another game". My advice is sound. The opinions of the respec tokens have been voiced. It isn't going to change. If you don't like it, go play another game.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    So if I, as a customer, came to where you worked and asked you to work for free... you would all be ok with that?
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    *Grabs a 10 ft tall bucket of Popcorn and starts eating it*
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    edited March 2016

Ok, everybody pay attention... Here goes: the guy above saying the guy above should go away because the guy above is afraid that the guy above the guy above has a point and the guy above wanted to look cool and come on here and support others complaining they want something for nothing instead of supporting a game they play.

LOL, good job copy cat. As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I said "go play another game". My advice is sound. The opinions of the respec tokens have been voiced. It isn't going to change. If you don't like it, go play another game.

No your advice is arrogant and selfish. While people should definitely voice their criticism in a constructive way(which is the exact opposite of what you did), people don't need to leave just because they don't like a new change coming down the pipe. They have every right to voice their opinion and lobby for whatever change they want. And if you don't like seeing that, then you can follow your own advice and leave. But since you obviously aren't willing to do that, you have no business telling anyone else to do it.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    So if I, as a customer, came to where you worked and asked you to work for free... you would all be ok with that?

More like: If we had a company meeting, with all the staff attending, and you requested a private audience with the CEO, because *your* questions were so important they couldn't be asked in the avenue everyone else asks their stuff, you'd sure be subject to mild ridicule, and be equally summarily dismissed!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    So if I came to where you worked as a customer and asked you to work for free, you would be ok with that all of you?
    meimeitoo wrote: »

More like: If we had a comany meeting, with all the staff attending, and you requested a private audience with the CEO, because *your* questions were so important they couldn't be asked in the avenue everyone else asks their stuff, you'd sure be subject to mild ridicule, and be equally summarily dismissed!

Again, you are fighting a losing battle and butt hurt someone called you on it. If you don't want to pay in the game, don't... but then to expect extra stuff to be put in the game at the same time is your sign of ignorance.

I'll repeat it again so you can understand, since you seem to spout incoherent nonsensical babble...

If you don't want to pay to support the game... don't... but don't expect to have programmers work hours for free on things they aren't getting paid for...

Go play another game that makes you pay in other ways so you aren't paying for respec tokens, or continue to post comments that serve no constructive purpose...
  • Options
    So if I came to where you worked as a customer and asked you to work for free, you would be ok with that all of you?

More like: If we had a comany meeting, with all the staff attending, and you requested a private audience with the CEO, because *your* questions were so important they couldn't be asked in the avenue everyone else asks their stuff, you'd sure be subject to mild ridicule, and be equally summarily dismissed!

Again, you are fighting a losing battle and butt hurt someone called you on it. If you don't want to pay in the game, don't... but then to expect extra stuff to be put in the game at the same time is your sign of ignorance.

I'll repeat it again so you can understand, since you seem to spout incoherent nonsensical babble...

If you don't want to pay to support the game... don't... but don't expect to have programmers work hours for free on things they aren't getting paid for...

Go play another game that makes you pay in other ways so you aren't paying for respec tokens, or continue to post comments that serve no constructive purpose...

Ah, the fool persists in his folly!

This thread is getting fun. :) *Grabs a 10 ft tall bucket of Popcorn too and starts eating it*
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016

LOL, good job copy cat. As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

No your advice is arrogant and selfish. While people should definitely voice their criticism in a constructive way(which is the exact opposite of what you did), people don't need to leave just because they don't like a new change coming down the pipe. They have every right to voice their opinion and lobby for whatever change they want. And if you don't like seeing that, then you can follow your own advice and leave. But since you obviously aren't willing to do that, you have no business telling anyone else to do it.

Ignorant and selfish is expecting programmers to develop code for free. (which I am fairly sure you have no idea the work involved to do since you expect them to put things in the game but then not get paid for their work).

Your comments serve no purpose, are in fact arrogant and selfish in supporting players not contribute to the game.

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy @askray @jodarkrider i believe your attention is required​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options

This thread is getting fun. :) *Grabs a 10 ft tall bucket of Popcorn too and starts eating it*

You are acting very foolish indeed. Your comments are not worth posting since they serve no purpose constructively.
  • Options

Ignorant and selfish is expecting programmers to develop code for free. (which I am fairly sure you have no idea the work involved to do since you expect them to put things in the game but then not get paid for their work).

Your comments serve no purpose, are in fact arrogant and selfish in supporting players not contribute to the game.

See, here is where your logic fails: I never said I supported the devs working for free. I never said I supported the people complaining about the respec, or anything else you suggested. The *only* point I made was that your post is blatantly hypocritical. Whining about other people whining is still whining, which makes you a whiner too. Telling other people to leave if they don't like something means you should be leaving if you don't like the whining. You aren't even willing to follow your own ridiculous advice, so no one else should either.

Now, go ahead and say something else equally silly that I can shoot down :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options

See, here is where your logic fails: I never said I supported the devs working for free. I never said I supported the people complaining about the respec, or anything else you suggested. The *only* point I made was that your post is blatantly hypocritical. Whining about other people whining is still whining, which makes you a whiner too. Telling other people to leave if they don't like something means you should be leaving if you don't like the whining. You aren't even willing to follow your own ridiculous advice, so no one else should either.

You never shot anything down. If they want to charge for respec tokens, they have every right to if that is how they want to pay for the "skills revamp" re-coding. If my comments are silly, yours are absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options

You are acting very foolish indeed. Your comments are not worth posting since they serve no purpose constructively.

For a post to receive a 'constructive' reply, the post itself must be constructive. Yours, however, was just a hypocritical, ranty whine about other peeps whining; compounded by your 'special-snowflake' need to make a whole new thread about it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »

Nor do yours,

Point being, if they want to pay for the skills revamp via a linked item like a respec token... then they have every right to do so, without complaint. My posts constructively point out that complaining about the respec tokens costing money because they decided their code needed rework and it "might" cause you to have to buy a respec token if you TRIBBLE up after the "FREE" respec they already give you, is pointless. You can still play the game even if you "TRIBBLE" up... your character is not going to be completely un-playable.

• Options

You never shot anything down. If they want to charge for respec tokens, they have every right to if that is how they want to pay for the "skills revamp" re-coding. If my comments are silly, yours are absolutely ridiculous.

More logic /fail. See, I'm not the one who posted a hypocritical thread whining about other people whining. I'm not the one telling people to leave if they don't like something, while being unwilling to follow my own advice and leave since I don't like the whining. That's all you buddy :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options

For a post to receive a 'constructive' reply, the post itself must be constructive. Yours, however, was just a hypocritical, ranty whine about other peeps whining; compounded by your 'special-snowflake' need to make a whole new thread about it.

Again, my posts serve to point out, that if they want to charge for respec tokens to pay for a re-coding of the skills tree code... they have every right to do so without whining from those players that don't want to contribute. Constructive and concise.
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    *Munches on more popcorn and adds some butter*
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options

More logic /fail. See, I'm not the one who posted a hypocritical thread whining about other people whining. I'm not the one telling people to leave if they don't like something, while being unwilling to follow my own advice and leave since I don't like the whining. That's all you buddy :D

It is not hypocritical to point out that a large percentage of the comments on the thread about skills revamp were from people not wanting to pay for respec tokens after they have used their "FREE" one. I have not failed in my logic.
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    Fascinating
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,119 Community Moderator
    Woah! Can everyone chill out for a minute?

I can understand the frustration over the whine, (as we have a serious lack of cheese to go with it) but is it really necessary to rip the OP a new one like this right off the bat?

Before anyone targets me, I've been around long enough to understand the whine. Season 7 Accolade bug, Tovan Khev, Delta Rising...

Just... chill out. The new skill revamp is still a couple months away at least. Plenty of time for the Devs to take feedback and improve it. We're already seeing some movement on how its affecting Science builds, and we actually do have a Dev communicating with us in that thread and listening to concerns.

500 Zen? Virtural Child's Play on the Dilithium Exchange. We have ways to mitigate the wallet sting if people are willing to work towards it. Right now that's maybe a week of capping out a single character, and if said character already has maxed out reps... even easier. People just have to be willing to explore these avenues instead of getting the pitch forks.

Paging:
    @pwlaughingtrendy @jodarkrider @askray
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    This went well. Yep.
    /Closed
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.