10 Gb patch now for Holodeck.

Comments

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Really? No patching for me at all since last patchday.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • internetowlinternetowl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Problem seems to be that the pre-patch is acting like a regular patch for some (myself included)
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Yea... getting a 100% upgrade too.. 11 gigs to be patched total...

Thank god for 50 MBps download.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    Problem seems to be that the pre-patch is acting like a regular patch for some (myself included)

Pre-patch? There's a pre-patch this early?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    patching now while trying to load game (296mb) , when did this get mentioned ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    usscapital wrote: »
    patching now while trying to load game (296mb) , when did this get mentioned ?

Rule #1 of the forums: NEVER EVER talk about communication from Cryptic...

After all... Why talk about something that does not exist?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Brace yourselves, partially tested and fixed changes incoming.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,494 Community Moderator
    Makes no sense. If somehow there is prepatching already... that is seriously jumping the gun. Didn't we hear that the skill revamp was going to be on Tribble for a couple months at least?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Makes no sense. If somehow there is prepatching already... that is seriously jumping the gun. Didn't we hear that the skill revamp was going to be on Tribble for a couple months at least?

Lol, the last time I think something lasted a month on Tribble, they were changing Tyken's Rift and Gravity Well. That being said, redshirt got a lot of the patches outside the skill revamp.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User

that's how prepatch works.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Really? No patching for me at all since last patchday.​​

Well, I played a few hours ago just fine, then started it up about an hour ago to find a 600 Mb patch for Tribble and 10 Gb for Holodeck.
    Actually, I can't recall a 10 Gb patch for Tribble?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User

Something like that. That much was mentioned in the most recent P1 podcast.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,494 Community Moderator
    questerius wrote: »

Which means... someone messed up today or something happened.
    @pwlaughingtrendy can we get some official word on what's going on please? We got somethin' crazy going on.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ianbillmorrisianbillmorris Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Maybe they were pre-patching something else, they started with a new mission teaser post today, so presumably there is a mission coming out soon, I doubt that would be dependent on the skills changes so could easily be released before. I'm up to 80% downloaded, be interesting to see if a complete re-download fixes it or not. Out of curiosity, I'm running the Steam version of the client, is anyone else? Maybe its a client version related thing?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Which means... someone messed up today or something happened.
    @pwlaughingtrendy can we get some official word on what's going on please? We got somethin' crazy going on.

Probably better to page @borticuscryptic since he was the one who gave the interview.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Maybe they were pre-patching something else, they started with a new mission teaser post today, so presumably there is a mission coming out soon, I doubt that would be dependent on the skills changes so could easily be released before. I'm up to 80% downloaded, be interesting to see if a complete re-download fixes it or not. Out of curiosity, I'm running the Steam version of the client, is anyone else? Maybe its a client version related thing?

Nope, happening through Arc too.

Someone messing with the timeline and sending a full years worth of patches at once?

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I expect crystalline next thursday and 11.5 not until after that. There almost has to be at least another week and a half of testing for the revamp.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    generally pre-patching is done when I quit the game but today I am getting a sizable patch before I start the game, so is it a patch or a pre-patch.
    the reason they usually pre-patch when you quit is so you can skip it if you haven't got time but there is no way I can skip this.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• ihateusernames4ihateusernames4 Member Posts: 8 Arc User

that's how prepatch works.

No, it's not. Prepatches download after you close the client. Or are supposed to, anyway.​​
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Well logged into one of my toons to do some DOFFing then logged out. No patching occurred for me. My version of STO is one of the old school, non-ARC installations. Redshirt/Tribble are not installed either.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    269Mb Holodeck & 1560Mb Tribble for me...

Curiouser & Curiouser...

6e745fa640a5bab6e19456a1b0c8d1bb.jpg

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • fhbradleyfhbradley Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Well logged into one of my toons to do some DOFFing then logged out. No patching occurred for me. My version of STO is one of the old school, non-ARC installations. Redshirt/Tribble are not installed either.

I'm using the same launcher. Left the game for something to eat, tried to get in after that, and had a 600MB patch. After patching I hit Engage, and nothing happened. Reopened the launcher, and am now at 69% of a 11GB patch.
  • ximalasximalas Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    My stand alone launcher switches between wanting to patch 103 MB and 9863 MB. The latter amounts to a download of nearly 7 GB. Is something wrong?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    ximalas wrote: »
    My stand alone launcher switches between wanting to patch 103 MB and 9863 MB. The latter amounts to a download of nearly 7 GB. Is something wrong?

Apparently... Terribly... :o

I too have an 11GB DL going on at the moment.

<grumble..., grumble..., grumble...>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • oramiroramir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The thing is the game itself won't run even after the patch and when I opened the launcher again, the whole patch started over. No Star Trek tonight for me, it seems...
  • vezznavezzna Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Think I'll wait until tomorrow to launch my game...hope it's fixed by then!
    Paging @pwlaughingtrendy and @borticuscryptic
    We seek thy sage knowledge!
  • lashedtodeck#3095 lashedtodeck Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    anazonda wrote: »
    Yea... getting a 100% upgrade too.. 11 gigs to be patched total...

Thank god for 50 MBps download.

lol thank god for 100Mb speed lol(BTW is you had 50 MB it would be 8 times faster than just normal 50Mb speed)
    Get the bacon! We must summon the Trendy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAVfPJHlgCw
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I've got nothing going on here on the Holodeck connection, only 655MB patch download for Tribble?
    SulMatuul.png
This discussion has been closed.