What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's the Samsar (and the Dyson Science Destroyer) All Over Again

2»

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    I know semalda. I can't wait to get mine, but alas... I only haz 19 Lobi so... 2 more days of daily.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Even if locations were bugged on Day 1, which one of mine was, you could complete it on Day 2, and if 20 hours after you picked up the Day 1 Omega, after you turned in Day 1, you could pick up the Day 2 Omega and do that right away.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    darakoss wrote: »
    Taking the time to go through the forums to complain that people take the time to go through the forums.....oh and you spelled daily wrong.

Yeah I can take the time BECAUSE I ALREADY DID THE EVENT TO GET THE STUFF OR DIDN'T YOU READ THAT? Nor was I complaining just pointing out that folks who post bazillion commnets and yet have racked up nearly ZERO hours actaully playing have only themselves to blame. I guess that concept is beyond the scope of your intellect. Oh whoopie fraking doo I misspelled daily gee wow so sorry your highness. Did being petty and pointing that out make you feel better about yourself? Sad really that instead of acting like an adult you became all petty over a tiny tiny spelling error. Sarcasm over.

Post edited by ssbn655 on
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    To clear the air I was not refering to Itminns in my comment but to all the cry babies who say thay don't have time or whatever sorry excuse they have for not getting the event stuff. As far as new players go hey that is the way things go. Events are set to reward people who actually play or who had joined at the time in a way they are loyalty rewards. I have played many a game where there were event limited edition and timed event rewards and gee did I cry not fair if I missed them or joined the game after the event? No I act like an adult and go oh well and not expect to be handed the item just because I cried boo hoo I joined late or missed the event due to work or illness.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    @ssbn655

Dude, before you go questioning other people's intellect, go reread the thread and find me one example of someone crying about not having time to complete an event. The nearest you'll find are two players who started the game too late to be able to get event ships. Your first rant, however, berated people for posting here in the forums instead of playing the game. Nobody has said anything to back this claim of yours, yet you continue to accuse people of posting a* "bazillion commnets and yet have racked up nearly ZERO hours actaully playing" in your second post.

By the way, I'll have my ship in 36 hours, barring a delay or distraction.

* Yes, there should be an "a" in front of "bazillion," even if it is a made up word. Oh, and please start to use commas. They help separate the different thoughts within your huge, rambling, run-on sentences. Thanks. If you are demonstrating what they teach in schools in NH, I'm glad I was educated in Maine, and am considering moving back there for my daughters' educational futures.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    ajalenajalen Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    [
    On that note, it should be the next 3-4 days where the guys start getting the ship completely for free if they started Day 1 of the event.

40 points left , today is mine ...... 10 min / day , not bad deal for SCI ship

btw , this is my first "event" ship , yea i play since LoR but i missed most events ( break from playing ) or just ignore them - i dont like Ferengi and Breen ships
    i actually dont like this ship design too , but .....its a sci ship and KDF dont have any t6 , so is for me better have at least one IF i decide try sci char.....

mzspQIG.jpg

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Eh. Even 3-part console set are rarely worth it, let alone 4-piece set. I made a sweet Protonic build with the 4-piece Dyson set, true that; but things like the Tholian 4-piece set, for instance, cute and all, but you never fly it, using all these gimmicky consoles, for too long, as they basically just kill your DPS.

And yeah, Anniversary ships in Lobi store are expensive; ridiculously so even, but intentionally so (the Devs have even said so), as they want you to participate in the event for the ship (where you essentially get it for free). That sounds like a fair deal to me.

And that torp? The PvP community will scream red again, and Bort will nerf it for them ere you ever get a chance to obtain the ship. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    I'll have my free ship in less than 12 hrs barring issue's with tomorrow's patch, still wont buy the new flagships nor will I buy the CBC's. I could care less about the free ships, of my 17 toons only 1 uses an event ship, and this events will be no different except to pull off the console/torp and the admiralty card. It's the tying of limited time " exclusive" rewards to c-store ship's that I disagree with.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I totally agree with the OP.

To be clear, I actually have no problem with event exclusive items. The concept of 'you miss the event, you miss the rewards' is not new or specific to this game and I'm fine with it. If this is the only time people can get the Krenim Science Ship then so be it.

I do not however, agree with the practice of selling Zen Ships with console sets that can only be completed by acquiring a 'one time only' reward. If someone misses out on a 'freebie ship' well, sorry to hear that. If someone drops $100-$120 on a mega bundle, they should get absolutely everything available for those ships. Fleet Level, all consoles, all traits, everything.

It's one thing to make freebie items a one time only exclusive, but I don't like the idea of putting set items from C-Store ships on limited time exclusives. I personally believe it's a bad practice.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I have all the ships from event apart from the Chell Gret. I missed that one in the first year and never bothered getting it the second either as I didn't find the winter event very interesting. The following year I did grind for the raider and carrier but ran out of tune for the cruiser.
    So now I can't get that ship but that is my own fault so not a problem. I made the decisions not to grind for it so missing out on it is my own fault.

I think event ships should be exclusive to get people into the events more. A bit of exclusivity is good to encourage people in and keep them because they don't want to miss anything.
    But consoles that are part of a set should maybe be availible outside of the event via the lobi store. Either that or don't have the set bonus for the 4th part be so critical to gameplay. Otherwise you're gimping peoples builds just because they were not present, that seems to go against everything done with rep traits etc to try and make a level playing field.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    For the ones that come later, well, "You weren't there" is all I have to say

I can understand thinking that for the ship, but to tie C-Store ships to a console new players have no way to get is . . . unkind.

STO is not the only game out there that has special events where rewards are only for those that were there. STO is no different.
    No it's not. Now. But it was. It was better. It could be better once again in the future.
  • Options
    genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    People have either forgotten or don't know, but the Dyson Science Destroyer event ship was eventually added to the lobi store (and is still there for purchase). From what I remember people did complained about missing out on the Dyson ship and hence the 4-piece set, and from Cryptic's point of view they wanted more sales of the C-store advanced Dyson's. So it is possible the Krenim event ship may end up in the lobi store too.
  • Options
    They would have done that with the Samsar last year if they had an inclination to do this for anything beyond the Dyson. Though with their new paradigm, they may decide otherwise, because, truth be told, it is a knuckleheaded idea to have one special item of a set be forever unavailable, if you weren't here.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    That Dyson Destroyer wasn't eventually added there it was almost immediately added there after the Anniversary ended.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    If Cryptic wants to keep the ships as a limited/special item for completing events, that's totally fine. They should consider placing consoles that make up sets from other C-Store purchases available in the Lobi Store. That way, those who miss out on the ship can at least get the console that ties into their C-Store ship. Otherwise, people will continue to avoid buying ships they cannot complete the console set.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    farranor wrote: »
    And, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some players who are passing up the various C-store ships because they'll never be able to complete a set due to event exclusivity. That's lost revenue. Cryptic/PWE should at least care about that.

Yep, that's me, started playing after the 5th Anniversary Event. I'd like to get the CBC mega-bundle for All Hands on Deck for all my toons, but I'm not up to paying even a discounted 9600 Zen for 3/4 of a console set with a great-but-unobtainable 4-piece bonus. Seeing the Samsar in the Lobi store (or better yet, just its console) might sway me, but it's so expensive to spend Lobi on multiple toons, and when the Samsar was free to begin with it's like nails on chalkboard to think about spending that kind of money.

What I'd like to see is the ability to purchase account-wide unlocks of past Anniversary ships with current Anniversary currency, whether or not you were around during those anniversaries. That would add a lot of excitement, the opportunity to look through past anniversary ships and decide which ones I'm up for grinding for. Maybe allow us to unlock only one anniversary ship per year or something, so that we need to make decisions. That will have us coming back year after year to catch up on our favorite ones. I know some people will be bummed about the exclusivity of their Samsars and Nandis going down, but I bet there would be a lot more people in a situation like mine.
  • Options
    jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    farranor wrote: »
    And, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some players who are passing up the various C-store ships because they'll never be able to complete a set due to event exclusivity. That's lost revenue. Cryptic/PWE should at least care about that.

Yep, that's me, started playing after the 5th Anniversary Event. I'd like to get the CBC mega-bundle for All Hands on Deck for all my toons, but I'm not up to paying even a discounted 9600 Zen for 3/4 of a console set with a great-but-unobtainable 4-piece bonus. Seeing the Samsar in the Lobi store (or better yet, just its console) might sway me, but it's so expensive to spend Lobi on multiple toons, and when the Samsar was free to begin with it's like nails on chalkboard to think about spending that kind of money.

What I'd like to see is the ability to purchase account-wide unlocks of past Anniversary ships with current Anniversary currency, whether or not you were around during those anniversaries. That would add a lot of excitement, the opportunity to look through past anniversary ships and decide which ones I'm up for grinding for. Maybe allow us to unlock only one anniversary ship per year or something, so that we need to make decisions. That will have us coming back year after year to catch up on our favorite ones. I know some people will be bummed about the exclusivity of their Samsars and Nandis going down, but I bet there would be a lot more people in a situation like mine.

This is a good point about Lobi and I think a more elegant way to do this would be to keep the ships exclusive as they should be but to add the 4th console to the C-store available to buy if you have the ships bought. That way you can have the 4th console available on all your characters that have the 3 CBCs available as well. (and lets face it its not like you had to grind the event on all your characters to get them all the ships and consoles)
  • Options
    Seems like someone opened up a another thread about this. Looking and searching is OP.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I got mine today and love it. The only down is that I lost 2 hangars but the plus is that I picked up the ability to turn around before the rest of the instance is dead. :p

EDIT (Add): Not to mention trait 1 is +15% exotics on an already boosting it where I can exotics ramp.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    xiodarium1xiodarium1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I feel bad that my Samsar is just sitting in dry dock collecting dust, its a good ship.