test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Message to Developers. What we want to see in the Star Trek Online.

Comments

• Options
    ershwinershwin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I would like to see a diversion to not just having completing missions as the prime directive all the time. What about more interaction with NPC's, and how about changeable environments on planets affected by players themselves. I think gaming is moving away from accept that mission fly here kill that or scan that and hail Starfleet at the end.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    patcrow wrote: »
    Okay fellow STOers, this is for all of you. In this trend, tell the Developers of Star Trek Online what you the players want to see in Star Trek Online. Can be anything, a storyline, a faction, don't hold back.

Let them know what you want in your game. Hopefully they will read this and listen.
    Message to patcrow. The Devs don't listen to us.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    flash525 wrote: »
    The Devs don't listen to us.

Delta Rising makes a lie of this. Or did you forget them polling us about what we wanted them to do after LoR?
    <3
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Delta Rising makes a lie of this. Or did you forget them polling us about what we wanted them to do after LoR?
    Delta Rising was terrible. One poll resulted in us fighting the Krenim. Instead we got the Voth and Vaudwaar.

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    Balanced PvP with a full PvP battlezone and leaderboards.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I want playable Suliban. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited January 2016
    One poll resulted in us fighting the Krenim. Instead we got the Voth and Vaudwaar.

Guess what we're fighting now?

Krenim.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    On a technical level, a more stable client
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      rattler2 wrote: »
      One poll resulted in us fighting the Krenim. Instead we got the Voth and Vaudwaar.
      Guess what we're fighting now?

Krenim.
      also... guess who wasn't in that poll? :p
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • Options
      cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
      patcrow wrote: »
      Okay fellow STOers, this is for all of you. In this trend, tell the Developers of Star Trek Online what you the players want to see in Star Trek Online. Can be anything, a storyline, a faction, don't hold back.

Let them know what you want in your game. Hopefully they will read this and listen.
      Message to patcrow. The Devs don't listen to us.

Meh, we do not even listen to each other.
      Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
      95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    • Options
      tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
      What was that?
    • Options
      cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
      tousseau wrote: »
      What was that?

LLALALALA I can't hear you!
      Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
      95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    • Options
      zombieman149zombieman149 Member Posts: 29 New User
      How about a rolling release, let's have some of us opt in the new stuff instead of force roll to everyone.
    • Options
      semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
      As I recall DR came out the Devs said we loved it (With all our Unholy Rage!) and thus started the funniest MEME thread ever!
      tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
      semalda226 wrote: »
      As I recall DR came out the Devs said we loved it (With all our Unholy Rage!) and thus started the funniest MEME thread ever!

I miss the old DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM thread. That was pretty fun calling DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM for everything under the sun, including things unrelated to STO.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User

I miss the old DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM thread. That was pretty fun calling DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM for everything under the sun, including things unrelated to STO.
      Heh. I remember reading the Delta Rising memes. I laughed myself into Warp 13 because of that. :p
      And the whole Doom and Gloom stuff, sometimes things go CRAAAAZZZZYYYY with those.
      | State of the Federation |
      The German Empire
      Founded 2413
      Leader: S. Raneson
      de_pr2.gif
    • Options
      jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
      Bajorians complaining less about everyone who saved their asses.
    • Options
      garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
      ferengi faction
      ferengi recruitment event
      future ferengis saving the universe

ground vehicle ,playable voth roboter
    • Options
      snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
      edited February 2016
      Some serious NERF of the 90 k DPS players making STF suck for the rest of us, giving us AFK penalties while they complain in the chat about how weak and stupid we are for not playing like them.
    • Options
      bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
      edited February 2016
      garaks31 wrote: »
      ground vehicle
      Taco already stated that the maps are too complex for ground vehicles. It'd be nice to see, but no dice.

Personally, I'd like to see exactly how ALL modifiers and + vs % work into the math. Just give us the math, please.

I'd also like to see:
      Balanced PvP with a full PvP battlezone and leaderboards.
      However, I'm not exactly holding my breath on that one.

A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
      NOT A FAN OF ARC!
    • Options
      mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      what "we" want? dont speak for me, if i want something off cryptic i will state it when it comes.
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    • Options
      kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
      T6 exeter / exclabier
    • Options
      sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
      garaks31 wrote: »
      ground vehicle
      Taco already stated that the maps are too complex for ground vehicles. It'd be nice to see, but no dice.

Personally, I'd like to see exactly how ALL modifiers and + vs % work into the math. Just give us the math, please.

Mass Effect and Alan Wake both have ground vehicles and they don't have any problem with maps. True they are single player games, but still, it shouldn't be that difficult to introduce a ground vehicles for use on a large maps.

And there is no need for modifiers or anything, just give them the weapons used on starships (if shuttles can have them there's no reason why vehicles could not).
      FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
      SZ1RgUL.jpg
      SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
    • Options
      maerikcharonmaerikcharon Member Posts: 108 Arc User
      Tier 6 Nova that is at least as good as Scryer.
    • Options
      spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
      I want a pony.
      tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
    • Options
      Apparently the rage was a vocal minority thing. :p
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • Options
      cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
      valoreah wrote: »
      No more time travel stories!!!!

This.
    • Options
      mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      edited February 2016
      Risan Yellow Science Vessel Submarine!
      Tier 6 Nova that is at least as good as Scryer.
      Supported. I'd be satisfied with a Pathfinder equivalent, too.

Yes, that was a fine thread. I always considered it as some kind of lightning rod for the usual doom discussions - just funnel all your doom and gloom in that thread and keep the rest clean.
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • Options
      theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
      Great thread, OP!

I'll start off easy, more stability in the client - less crashes, less DCs, less lag please.
      Control over private instances allowing over the cap population for event makers.
      Full sci and carrier T6 options for Kdf/Rom.

Tiered PvE content with meaningful storylines, progression and rewards. Content providing the need for all three types of Captains through secondary objectives and mechanics. Rewards tailored to participation less for completion. More challenging AI, more thoughts less zerging experience, you know something actually requiring people working together to complete.
      Also, something done about queues to bring them alive again.

Redesign of pvp with pve gear/trait gating, more incentives to do pvp overall. Addition of pvp-only gear, traits, pvp with objectives, more teamwork less zerging.

That just about covers it.

5980291nyfcc.png
      "Reality is a thing of the past."
      Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
    • Options
      misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
      It would be cool to see the prominent races of the Federation have thier homewards added as social zones with mini missions like on New Romulus. Visit Betazed, Andor, Tellar, Trill and have something to do when there. None combat missions.
    This discussion has been closed.