test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What am I doing wrong? Having difficult time with the Time and Tide mission

124»

Comments

• ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Well, leaving it on Elite difficulty sure makes a difference. Not because I get defeated but that the fights drag out to 30 minutes or more. In terms of a quick turn around to get the mission rewards this is sub-optimal - and it was very late when I tried and I literally was falling asleep in the fights.
  • zombieman149zombieman149 Member Posts: 29 New User
    > @kodachikuno said:
    > hmm also check your traits... I had an issue recently where all my traits had been unslotted.

same here
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    thorlin325 wrote: »
    Thanks again for all of the advice. I finally beat this mission. You were right, my traits and specializations had been reset, so I fixed those, then went back to the Dyson ship, which I felt more comfortable playing. I probably under-stated how long I have been away from the game....probably since last anniversary. I played a lot when the game first came out, then get back in every once in a while. I don't have any 14 level gear at all, and forget where to buy the better weapons, shields, etc. Sorry for being such a noob, and thanks for the input.

I have found for my normal solo play, I do not need Mk 14 (yet), and I have not done (or even thought about) the dance to upgrade to Gold/Mk 14. But then I am not going for any DPS or speed records. I am content playing and trying stuff on my own...not interested in queued content.

I can collect purple gear, these days. Buying them at or upgrading to Mk 12, for the most part. If I have enough upgrade tokens and DL I will upgrade to Mk 13 or 14. I do not fiddle with getting the "perfect" modifiers...that is a gamble, it is boring and I am not willing to play that game.

It is so much easier (and cheaper) to obtain Mk 12 purples, than before they added crafting. It is even easier, now, with the addition of Admiralty. So, do not skip out on these new parts of the game.

At least, find someone who will craft items for you. In your fleet, maybe?

P.S. there are even more traits you can gain from upgrading all the schools in crafting to level 15, if you did not know....but that is a long boring grind, like specialization. But traits is where everything is at, these days....even added them to ships.
    Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I completed the mission last night for the first time without much difficulty with my level 60 KDF sci toon flying the 2014 Anniversary DSD that has been updated to T5U (which is free).

The only special console I had on it is a Plasmonic Leech. Other than that this particular toon has what would be considered "sub-par" blue (rare) Mk XII polaron beam weapons and photon torpedoes along with blue Mk XII polaron tactical consoles. I have weapons and tactical consoles that I am working on upgrading, but I don't plan on equipping them until they are at least ultra rare Mk XIV.

I have somewhat recently gotten back into playing STO again (mid Dec 2015 for the Winter Event) and I have not really played much ground / space combat missions / queues since June / July 2015 so I consider myself to be a bit rusty. As others have already stated, you should checkout the space (and ground) traits you have assigned to your toon; it was a nice surprise coming back to STO to find that space and ground traits have been separated and you can slot nine traits for each category. Naturally, it would be best to select traits that best suits your ship / weapons / combat style.

I would have to say the starships you face in this mission does provide a bit more of a challenge compared other main story missions; I can't remember the last main story mission I played, but it was back in March / April 2015. If you are still having difficulty, then perhaps do a search for the mission on Youtube for some pointers / see what abilities enemy ship are using against the player and see what you have that can counter them.