test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What am I doing wrong? Having difficult time with the Time and Tide mission

I haven't played in a few months, and came back to play during the anniversary. I have a T6 Arbiter battlecruiser for my ship, and most of the equipment is XII, and my captain is level 60. I started the mission, and made it to the part outside of the station, where you fight the Krenim ships. It was taking forever to beat the ships, and then I believe it was the last wave where you have to defeat a couple of ships, and I was defeated three times in a row without doing a whole lot of damage to either of them.

I don't recall having problems in earlier anniversary events. I must be doing something wrong, don't have the right equipment, something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    Uhm not sure.. check your power levels? make sure your not running like all power in engines.. uhm,, make sure your consoles are correct as well?
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Well first off the Na'kul ships will clone themselves... switch and kill the clone because the other ship is now immune to damage. I also noted that they seemed to have some kinda AoE effect that killed turn rate and sapped shields, but that could have just been circumstantial since Ive only run the FE once so far.

Second, and this is just a theory, I wondered if maybe they gave us a slight debuff considering we're in a 25th century ship fighting 29th century baddies. Prolly too in depth for them but its an idea.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • taeboctaeboc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Having a similar issue ... I breeze through it until I get to the Daemosh Destroyers, then I just get wrecked.
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    I too am getting tired of the space combat in this game it is too time consuming and challenging. An episode should not take this long to play. Once again the game takes too long to beat and I had to quit so I can go to work the next day. What's the deal cryptic? Is the game becoming pay to win? Or do you just want missions to take more time to beat so players spend more time on them?
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The new enemies have some new tricks...which is nice. Makes you think and not spam space bar when in range. This is a GOOD thing and something we have asked for.

The only thing I noticed is the clone tactic aside from that everything else died in a matter of seconds, dunno why people start talking about "difficulty" or "challange". :|
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The new enemies have some new tricks...which is nice. Makes you think and not spam space bar when in range. This is a GOOD thing and something we have asked for.

Glad you're enjoying it, but between the difficulty and the constant lag I find it nothing more than an exercise in frustration.
    Plus, I can't even do the Omega daily because everything seems bugged.
    As a new player who is really trying to enjoy this game, I find it .... frustrating.

oh also their plasma torp is pure evil that gas clould it leaves... you will have no shileds
  • nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    You might want to check the difficulty level of your mission first...sounds like you may be on elite difficulty. Also, you may want to consider upgrading your weapons to mk XIV. Mk XII just doesn't cut it anymore. :-(

I went through that whole phase with fire at will and a couple spreads and everything blew up rather quickly...never dropped below 100% hull
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    Just seems the people in here who are complaining about this taking too long or its too hard, may have some serious setup issues or the level difficulty setting is on elite. I could run this in my shuttle craft and complete it.

Check your difficulty setting, make sure you have weapons equipped on your ship and power levels for weapons are maxed :P
    1Wlp6QH.gif
    Well, finally defeated the Daemosh Destroyer ... then the game crashed and now I have to start all over.
    This is NOT fun.
    Frankly, I'm surprised Star Trek allowed themselves to be affiliated with a game of such poor quality.

Like I said, I'm TRYING to like it, because I love Star Trek, but if this is the state of the game, I don't see myself staying around much longer.
    Just seems the people in here who are complaining about this taking too long or its too hard, may have some serious setup issues or the level difficulty setting is on elite. I could run this in my shuttle craft and complete it.

Check your difficulty setting, make sure you have weapons equipped on your ship and power levels for weapons are maxed :P

Gee, I was hoping condescending know it alls posting comments with no helpful solutions were exclusive to World of Warcraft .... guess not
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    taeboc wrote: »

Gee, I was hoping condescending know it alls posting comments with no helpful solutions were exclusive to World of Warcraft .... guess not

There you go:
    Make sure you play the mission in the lowest difficulty setting.

We also have much power creep after 6 years in game however this should not lock you out of a story mission for as long as you don’t make any fundamental mistakes.

General and brief advice how to build powerful starships can be found here:

https://www.sto-league.com/startrekonline-dps-basics/

Even if you only follow 1/3 of it you should be able to cut through all story missions like buttah. :)

;)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Well, this is going to be interesting. As a LTS subscriber that started playing in the last month or so after a hiatus of several years, I got a promotional pack of purple quality XII items for my ship(s). I was avoiding playing the III difficulty things until I started a 2nd character to benefit from the per character give-away stuff, and decided to level it to 10 to get access to doff missions, and switched to 'Epic" to see what was up. And found it quite easy.
    So I switched my main toon to epic difficulty too for their next mission, and found that - while fights took longer they didn't seem any more difficult.
    I will report back later today when I get a chance to do this quest whether or not its hard to do, on Epic, on a ship that, If I understand combat log parsers correctly, is pushing perhaps 7k dps.

It IS worth pointing out that the abilities the ships have - an AoE debuff that kills shields, turn rates, etc. - seems to match the abilities on the new console we get.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Weird...I didn't find any of the new enemies difficult. They all exploded seconds after I opened fire. More genocide for Starfleets favorite Fleet Admiral.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,468 Arc User
    You might want to check the difficulty level of your mission first...sounds like you may be on elite difficulty. Also, you may want to consider upgrading your weapons to mk XIV. Mk XII just doesn't cut it anymore. :-(

I went through that whole phase with fire at will and a couple spreads and everything blew up rather quickly...never dropped below 100% hull

Really? Finished the mission with two ships fit "mere" mk xi blue retrofit phasers.
    Having a bit of crowd control and shield penetration helps, but isn't mandatory either.

A good rule of thumb is that if you see a power which you don't recognize then don't get hit by it. :P

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    I found them to be okay. I little bit of a challenge until I figured them out, but after that they melted quite nicely.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Seriously? "Takes too long", "too challenging"?

The new enemies have some new tricks which is appreciated. But none of them requires you to do anything differently. The duplicate that renders the mothership immune is disposed of with BFAW just like any other mob, you'll hardly know it was there pig-2.gif

I played with my T5(U) Nebula with no tactical consoles and aside from getting caught in one anomaly thing that drained my shields didn't even have to use an engineering team to heal me. That's not supposed to be bragging or anything, but if you can play the rest of the singleplayer content up to this point, this mission is literally no different.

Only things that were already mentioned are: Check your difficulties and play on the difficulty you play queues on. I for example play advanced. Maybe you've accidentally set it to elite where NPCs get tripple hull points? (Frigates with two times of battleship HP, that's padding and taking too long) Also, maybe you accidentally reset your power levels so you cripple your primary weapon system (if using energy weapons it's weapon power, if using exotic weapons it's auxilliary power).​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    Use this:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=arbitersto_0

Easy to make, everything is reputation or fleet stuff, no need to spend millions of EC, just time.
  • harlequinpixieharlequinpixie Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Perhaps you're just a bit rusty. It happens after time away. And as others have mentioned, it could be you're on a higher difficulty level without noticing.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    I did not notice anything strange with Na'kuhl ships, they have one or two debuffs and that console from temporal destroyer, whar creates two your clones. If you can defeat Vaadwaur ships with their disable+AoE dmg, you can beat everything. So the problem is not in your build but you probably switched difficulty to elite, so than npc have insane amounts of HP (borg sphere 60lvl 1,3M)
  • lordharco1lordharco1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    You must be on elite. I breeses through on advanced without loosing a shield.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I too am getting tired of the space combat in this game it is too time consuming and challenging. An episode should not take this long to play. Once again the game takes too long to beat and I had to quit so I can go to work the next day. What's the deal cryptic? Is the game becoming pay to win? Or do you just want missions to take more time to beat so players spend more time on them?

I'm actually happy that we got an episode that takes a bit longer to complete. Previous episodes tended to be rather short.

And one reason this one took a bit longer is because there's a lot of NPC's to interact with. Which is also a good thing imo.

As for the clones: well as usual FAW should take care of it, or a gravity well combined with neutronic torpedo spread and some other sci abilities. I must say, I did see that one ship gained immunity, but before I could find out what is was, this immunity was already gone. Probably because the clone had already be destroyed by then without me even realising it. It really isn't that hard if you're able to damage multiple enemies at the same time.

Or just switch targets, as has been suggested before.
  • dudnzdudnz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    As a casual player, who doesn't have rep sets, fleet gear, many specialization points to spend, EC to buy gear, many hours to hone skills, but is playing for enjoyment, who has set difficulty to normal...
    Then the Daemosh Destroyers were tough to beat, eventually I got so frustrated and fed up with it after several tries so I just use my fleet call, (photonic fleet etc) and then loitered in a safe place -minimize sto in the background, surfed the web (read and try to make sense builds etc), then when the fleet call ability has done its cooldown back to sto - move to the next combat and call them up again for the next one.

Skill and equipment vary greatly, for a casual player, I think those ships are a bit much to enjoy the Anniversary mission with casual gear and skill at normal level, all you that say its too easy can kick it up to elite or if you find that too good perhaps you should be asking for a level above that.

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    this rather is odd I found notable easier then normal. and I was flying my biotech kor which normally gets shot down 2 or 3 times. this time I only died at the very end and I think it was cause I was little too close.

and if target the clone makes a ship to hard for you... I just want to know the how.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I too am getting tired of the space combat in this game it is too time consuming and challenging. An episode should not take this long to play.

O, for the love of Kahless, what's up with you people?! The space battles in this mission were extremely easy. Way too easy, even (almost prompting me to start a topic on how we need tougher fights). Seriously, those ships, boss included, offered minimal resistance, if any at all.

Unless you were playing on Elite, even newbies should be able to off the foes in this mission within their first two weeks of STO.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Mk XII just doesn't cut it anymore. :-(
    funny... I dont own ANY mkXIII or XIV weapons and maybe 2 consoles at XIII and I do it all just fine... worse about 1/2 my stuff is still green and blue D:
    often its more about knowin your ship and how to get the most out of it than it is about having mkXIV
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    I was playing on elite and didn't have any trouble at all....I'd say check your difficulty settings and make sure your gear didn't get scrambled. Then again....I'm running a 450 PartG Annorax =3
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

hmm also check your traits... I had an issue recently where all my traits had been unslotted.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    thorlin325 wrote: »
    I haven't played in a few months, and came back to play during the anniversary. I have a T6 Arbiter battlecruiser for my ship, and most of the equipment is XII, and my captain is level 60. I started the mission, and made it to the part outside of the station, where you fight the Krenim ships. It was taking forever to beat the ships, and then I believe it was the last wave where you have to defeat a couple of ships, and I was defeated three times in a row without doing a whole lot of damage to either of them.

I don't recall having problems in earlier anniversary events. I must be doing something wrong, don't have the right equipment, something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I said TRIBBLE it after fiddling around in the mission for an hour and not getting by the ship fights...so you are not alone. I am just going to do the Q daily Omega mini game to collect the 1000 vouchers.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Weird I'm actually hearing from a bunch of my friends they are/were having trouble too....I kinda just blitzed the ships and took em out...even the boss died fast....I'm at a loss really....and my ship doesn't pew (>. <)
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png