test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Krenim Ship

Comments

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    I got a better idea. How about you give the Romulans and KDF a faction-specific science ship already instead of more alien garbage?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    I got a better idea. How about you give the Romulans and KDF a faction-specific science ship already instead of more alien garbage?

Have faith. If you'll remember last year and the year before that, the Samsar and DSD was a showcase ship for a new set of powers which was followed by a set of faction specific ships. I'm sure this will be no different :)
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    banatine wrote: »

Have faith. If you'll remember last year and the year before that, the Samsar and DSD was a showcase ship for a new set of powers which was followed by a set of faction specific ships. I'm sure this will be no different :)
    I am sure they will be getting a shiny new 3-packs of T6 Scimitars and Bortasqu's, though, not science ships.

What I don't get is the people asking for faction-specific KDF sci ships. Faction specific KDF sci ships are Gorn ships in this game. Does it really make that big a difference that this ship is an alien ship, when the one you are asking for would also probably be an alien ship?

On an unlrelated note, I just realized this:
    Temporal Rift Stabilizer, a console that generates temporal anomalies along the forward line of the ship.
    Timeline Stabilizer universal console. Activating this console will stabilize any temporal anomalies around your starship.
    Does that mean we can create permanent temporal anomalies if we use one after the other? :open_mouth:

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    jaturnley wrote: »

I am sure they will be getting a shiny new 3-packs of T6 Scimitars and Bortasqu's, though, not science ships.

What I don't get is the people asking for faction-specific KDF sci ships. Faction specific KDF sci ships are Gorn ships in this game. Does it really make that big a difference that this ship is an alien ship, when the one you are asking for would also probably be an alien ship?

No, I'm saying make a KDF T6 science ship, period, instead of a cross-faction one from some random alien species not affiliated with their faction, especially one that per Cryptic's own story is too destroyed to even build its own ships anymore. Remember, the Krenims' entire territory is under Vaadwaur occupation and they had to outsource their superweapon to the Alliance.

By the way, there's still this loose end of A FREAKING SUPERWEAPON to tie up. That would be a much better story than this Temporal TRIBBLE War.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User

The Dyson Science Destroyers in a way were a faction specific ship. When the box opens, one got a ship that matched their faction.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    kimony wrote: »
    Looks like a mash-up of the Annorax, Krenim Warship, and the Krenim Patrol Ship:
    gaSymce.jpg
    krenim_patrolship.jpg

Have we confirmed which end is the bow? :)

Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    At the oposite end of the stern...
  • Options
    psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    delliboy wrote: »
    What did you all do last year to get the anniversary ship? I wasn't here for that

That was the year before. Last year was chasing Omega particles around the galaxy.
    jslyn wrote: »
    Nice. I like it.

But looking at the ship makes me wonder: is it even possible to rust like that in space?

Some of those ships went through a year of Hell.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    I kinda like it. It reminds me of a fan designed Gorn starship - the general length of the hull with three nacelles - that I bought deck plans for back in the 80's.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    The trait sounds good. Pretty much a science version of Attack Pattern Delta Prime.
    I've always liked FBP but found it lacking a long time ago. This should hopefully change that.

jaturnley wrote: »
    Depends who you calling alien. To the KDF, Orions and Gorn etc aren't aliens, they're members. Just like to the Federation Vulcans aren't aliens.

What you say about KDF sci ships being Gorn designed is true. Or at least it used to be. It appears Cryptic have abandoned making sub faction style ships for KDF. The Command cruisers should have been Orion in design as they're FDCs, like the Dacoit and Corsair. But seeing as they're made Klingon in design it would appear Cryptic are homogenising all new KDF ships to be Klingon in design only. Which is an unfortunate waste of design potential.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Can someone remind me what event we have to grind to earn this ship? And I presume it's account unlock like the Winter ship, yes?
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Can someone remind me what event we have to grind to earn this ship? And I presume it's account unlock like the Winter ship, yes?
    Last year it was a mission that gave you 400 points, and the remaining could be acquired with the Omega Stabilization Mission. But it might be different this time around.

And I believe if you read the article first two paragraphs, you have the answer to your second question.
    During Star Trek Online’s 6th Anniversary event you will be able to obtain 6th Anniversary Prize Vouchers by participating in the event. These 6th Anniversary Prize Vouchers can be spent on an Event Reputation project to obtain the Krenim Science Vessel! This project requires 1000 6th Anniversary Prize Vouchers.

Once this starship is obtained by any character on your account, any characters on this account can claim the Krenim Science Vessel from the Account Claim tab within the Event Store (in the Event Reputation window).
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    nrankonranko Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I can't help myself. This ship just looks ugly to me. I'm already 'meh' on the Annorax and the Krenim warship seperately. But meshing them together like this just looks silly to me. Those blue highlights and the rust-brown hull just don't go together. At least the Winter Lobster had a unified design aesthetic.

Don't really care about the console or the trait either. So I'm not even sure I'm gonna get it. (I do plan on getting some Omega Upgrades. If the currency is tied to that, I might as well get the ship. But I'll probably never fly it.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Here's hoping they do as last year and make the featured episode give 400 of the anniversary currency on the first run.
  • Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    Nice, my Orion sci could use proper sci ship :smile:
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Thank you guys, always nice for the free ships, good ones too!! Sci on top of it all :+1:
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,991 Arc User
    pretty looking ship, the specs could be interesting
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
      alphahydri wrote: »
      LOL, the ship isn't rusted. The Krenim ships, barring the Annorax and its pets, all have that rust orange paintjob to them.

Or DO it? Maybe they picked them up from a used ship junkyard.

psymantis wrote: »

Tish. Consoles sparking constantly, parts still falling off every time they leave a planet... What better to entrust the lives of your crew? :wink:
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,991 Arc User
      jslyn wrote: »
      alphahydri wrote: »
      LOL, the ship isn't rusted. The Krenim ships, barring the Annorax and its pets, all have that rust orange paintjob to them.

Or DO it? Maybe they picked them up from a used ship junkyard.

psymantis wrote: »

Tish. Consoles sparking constantly, parts still falling off every time they leave a planet... What better to entrust the lives of your crew? :wink:

That steam punk style colour scheme really looks nice
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
        Copy and paste from Annorax? Come on guys...there is no more creativity juice flowing in those designers? Please re-do and back to square one.

How about:

maxresdefault.jpg

krenim-patrolship.jpg​​
        tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
      • Options
        daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
        kimony wrote: »
        Looks like a mash-up of the Annorax, Krenim Warship, and the Krenim Patrol Ship:
        gaSymce.jpg
        krenim_patrolship.jpg

Have we confirmed which end is the bow? :)

I choose the end with the four points, that way I can pretend that I have a Wave Motion Gun.
        B)

STO Member since February 2009.
        I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
        Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
        upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
      • Options
        jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,793 Arc User
        storules wrote: »
        Copy and paste from Annorax? Come on guys...there is no more creativity juice flowing in those designers? Please re-do and back to square one.

How about:

maxresdefault.jpg

krenim-patrolship.jpg​​

Personaly, I would prefer the top ship pictured over the one we are getting.
      • Options
        samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
        Where is that stats blog? Lol
      • Options
        alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
        jcsww wrote: »
        storules wrote: »

How about:

maxresdefault.jpg

krenim-patrolship.jpg​​

Personaly, I would prefer the top ship pictured over the one we are getting.
        We already have the top ship in the game. It's called the Krenim Imperium Warship [T6] and it drops from the Year of Hell Lock Box.

• Options
        keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
        edited January 2016
        No mention of the ship or its console being part of any larger set / collection.

I'm glad. :smile: No handicap for people missing the Annorax dread or the Krenim warship.

Seeing more pictures of the ship as well as her stats, I think I'll like flying it with my Trill. :smile:

*thumbs-up*
        "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
        -
        "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
      • Options
        ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
        kelettes wrote: »
        No mention of the ship or its console being part of any larger set / collection.

I'm glad. :smile: No handicap for people missing the Annorax dread or the Krenim warship.

Seeing more pictures of the ship as well as her stats, I think my Trill alt is going to like it :smile:

*thumbs-up*

To me the ship stats are just "meh". It just seems like an average Science Vessel, although I do agree with you on not making the console part of a set with the Annorax. I honestly thought Cryptic would do that then run the promo for the Annorax the following week.

• Options
        markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
        What you say about KDF sci ships being Gorn designed is true. Or at least it used to be. It appears Cryptic have abandoned making sub faction style ships for KDF. The Command cruisers should have been Orion in design as they're FDCs, like the Dacoit and Corsair. But seeing as they're made Klingon in design it would appear Cryptic are homogenising all new KDF ships to be Klingon in design only. Which is an unfortunate waste of design potential.
        *points at T6 Guramba*

you were saying? :p

Hmmm LtC Tac/Intel... fun!
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My character Tsin'xing
        Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
      • Options
        vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
        edited January 2016
        I have both the Annorax and the imperial Warship. If this ship is anything remotely like those two, it's gonna be a solid ship.

It's a nice blend of both the Annorax and the warship, while keeping the design somewhat similar to the canon patrol ship.
        I like it.

Not sure if this new ship is enough to get me out of my Annorax, tbh, it's a beast ! But I'm always grateful for some solid choices in the science ship category.

I just might level up a few more non fed science guys now.
        Too bad we don't have any Krenim parts in the character creator tho. :(
        tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
        questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,381 Arc User
        It looks nice. Was kind of hoping for an unique temporal secondary deflector though.
        This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.