test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Krenim Ship

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Celebrate Star Trek Online's 6th Anniversary and earn the exclusive new Krenim Science Vessel!

SCIENCE!

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    "This console may be equipped on any starship." Nice! It's going to come down to stats, but as impressive as the Samsar's console was, this could be very nice indeed.

There's going to be more feedback pulse users now with that trait, my Rom Sci is going to love having even more crit.

• Options
    cokebearcokebear Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    "This console also provides a passive reduction to all Science Bridge Officer abilities."

I'm assuming this is an unintentional word omission, because I don't see a reduction to all science officer abilities being a big seller.

Cooldowns perhaps?
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Cool, does the console on this ship have any set bonuses with any of the lock box Krenim ship consoles ?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Looks like a modified Annorax time ship... I can even see where the temporal core should be.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Nice. I like it.

But looking at the ship makes me wonder: is it even possible to rust like that in space?
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    From that one screenshot, I see it as a blend of that Krenim warship and aspects of the Annorax. Will reserve judgment until seen in game, but real nice to have an event T6 science ship for all factions combined with very useful consoles and traits.

I'll have to point out though that I specifically recall FBP being stronger than it is now after the visual changes to it (which I'm happy with, they're much more subtle and realistic/sci-fi looking vs fantasy space disco back then): my ships wouldn't take so much damage with FBP, and I remember it dealing more damage back to NPCs than now.

For event ships overall, I still like the Risian corvette the most (which I'll never have: T6 Corvette For 2016 Risa plz!) and the Samsar.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    hajmyishajmyis Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    cokebear wrote: »
    "This console also provides a passive reduction to all Science Bridge Officer abilities."

I'm assuming this is an unintentional word omission, because I don't see a reduction to all science officer abilities being a big seller.

Cooldowns perhaps?

You dont sci much do you....
    "Frankly, not sure why you're on a one man nerf campaign. "
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    ooo i like the look of her.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Cooldowns perhaps?
    yeah "passive cooldown reduction" makes sense in the context.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Veeeerrrrryyyy nice.

A true cross faction sci boat is good even though I'll only really use it for my fed.
    The console sounds fun too.

And it's free, or as close as you can get.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Looks like a mash-up of the Annorax, Krenim Warship, and the Krenim Patrol Ship:
    gaSymce.jpg
    krenim_patrolship.jpg

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    I wonder how much effort was required to create it. Did it use assets from the 2 existing ships or create them from scratch? It looks like a kitbash of the 2 models and... I like it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    I am officially whelmed. :p
  • Options
    levonscottlevonscott Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    hajmyis wrote: »

Cooldowns perhaps?

You dont sci much do you....

You missed the joke. OP was joking that the original wording implied that it reduced sci abilities, rather than cooldowns.
    Fleet Admiral Levon - USS Justice, USS Knowledge, USS Unity - Presidio, Geneva, and Concorde-class Command Battlecruisers
    Dahar Master K'Levon - USS Colossus H - Fleet Qib-class Intelligence Battlecruiser
    Fleet Admiral D'Levon - USS Fulcrum F - Upgraded Ar'Kif-class Tactical Carrier Warbird
    XJDs74b.jpg
    To boldly go...
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    Its so fugly its beautiful... I must have it!
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    jslyn wrote: »
    Nice. I like it.

But looking at the ship makes me wonder: is it even possible to rust like that in space?
    LOL, the ship isn't rusted. The Krenim ships, barring the Annorax and its pets, all have that rust orange paintjob to them.

• Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User

Oh God! You blinded me!

Hey, someone had to. :P

• Options
    zbezynzbezyn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I want back days when Cryptic would give Fed/KDF ships on anniversary, not the cross-faction junk T_T
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    "Good heavens Miss Sakamoto - you're beautiful"

I'm looking forward to flying this, and the new lockbox is filled with goodies that I want too.

Edit: also, Thomas Dolby is still making good music, here's one appropriate for the lockbox - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HvzydNKkTQ
    Post edited by davefenestrator on
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I like this very much.

And are those 4 missile shaped midship cylinders actually extending warp nacelle pylons.

Please?
    Post edited by tancrediiv on

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    The ship looks cool! Also surprised the Thomas Dolby reference made an appearance so quickly in this thread.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Lol, I just noticed the starship trait. While there are a lot of science abilities that need a buff, feedback pulse certainly isn't one of them. I'm fine with the crit chance/severity increase portion, but the extra damage on use of FBP part is unnecessary.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    Now where have i seen the console's ability before. Oh, right. It's the three-piece bonus of the Temporal Warfare set from the Lobi store.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Celebrate Star Trek Online's 6th Anniversary and earn the exclusive new Krenim Science Vessel!

SCIENCE!

~LaughingTrendy

Are you trying to kill us with science?
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    No, just to blind us. SCIENCE!
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    The ship looks good for a quick rendering. Taking parts of existing and fitting them together. I rather have a good ship for each faction. But I will go for it, IF I can. Its not enough to get my Fed Sci off the back burner for now. Unless I think of something. The ship, not fully sure what I will do with it either at this time.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Cool, does the console on this ship have any set bonuses with any of the lock box Krenim ship consoles ?

Very curious about this as well. Or perhaps with the Annorax console?
    kimony wrote: »
    Looks like a mash-up of the Annorax, Krenim Warship, and the Krenim Patrol Ship

Yeah, it very much looks like a first attempt at incorporating some of what they learned in building the Annorax (with help from the rest of the alliance) into the designs they're able to build themselves. Which I'm sure was the intent. It's a really good job.
  • Options
    delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    What did you all do last year to get the anniversary ship? I wasn't here for that
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Chased mini Q about the academy, iirc
    Post edited by tancrediiv on

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    I like it. But i WILL be calling it the Temporal Massage Wand XD

The console sounds like it will be pretty sweet too. Like a space version of the Chroniton Jolt ground kit module.
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!