test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ker'rat

Comments

• ednahax101#5140 ednahax101 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    PvP is very unlikely to come back in any great way. Geko would see it as a step backward.
    He still refuses to acknowledge that he kicked out a community, the revenue they brought and the fact that it had some of the most committed players this game has ever seen.

What a surprise they have now that after all the sparks, idiocy and bs arguments made by Devs and PvErs alike, PvErs now want balance and various equipment and powers beaten with the nerf bat.

I wonder if they saw that coming.

I personally don't see red&blue teams bringing back PvP. Not while any measurable balance has been hurled out of the window.

I won't be returning unless there is some dedication given to PvP. The long awaited revamp and PvP season.

MMO with 1300 people on average on steam lol
  • rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    1300? Is it really THAT bad?

Unsustainable...a miracle we're getting any new content at all! :frowning:

UPDATE: The chart tells the tale - http://steamcharts.com/app/9900

And note, the Peak was ~2400 augm3nt - not ~1300 - over the past 30 days. The latter number was the average.

Still, it's pretty bad...not even in the Top 100 on Steam.

RCK
  • rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    "Ker'rat? You mean that map's still around? Thought we took it out with DR! Better post a change request before anyone notices..." - Cryptic software "engineer"

RCK
  • laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    *throws a rock*
    Hi.

*Returns to Steam*

Haven't you still airlocked it?
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • biggs4everbiggs4ever Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Well since when does the old bo/dhc combo actually work anymore? And as we all know torp builds don't even have to factor in fbp'ers. It's simple pvpers either grow some balls and revive full on space vpvp or continue to not play or cry about the pvp in this game. Lmk. I will make a vpvp compliant toon again.
  • yoda2005yoda2005 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    DHC/BO combo works very well, you just have to look at you enemies bufflist.
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    augm3nt wrote: »
    Hi there xd
    Since you lied to us about S10 will be PVP revamp again (dont worry we arent that stupid) can you follow storyline at least? Can you make Red vs Blue teams in Kerrat, instead FED vs KDF? arent we allies now? KDF is heavily outnumbered by FED (thats your fault too since you dont give a **** about KDF)
    So we beg you to do this minor change in our beloved Battlezone. we dont need another one, we dont need pvp season, we dont need 100 nerfs which makes PVE playerbase mad. Just a simple change.. and pls dont tell me you cant do that, because "switching teams" were exist 2y ago.

cheers. :P

I've never heard anything that ever said S10 would be a PvP revamp. Devs have said that PvP is something that they want to make better and do intend to someday make better; but for now it is not on their priority list. :(

im so sick of that TRIBBLE not on the list well wtf devs its been 6 F###### years how far down the list does it have to be??? seriously FU and your total FU attitude toward pvp and the pvpers ....let there be no mistake .........FU
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • biggs4everbiggs4ever Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Easier said then done read a bufflist that's a mile long with half it it not even being boff powers anymore. Nevermind the fact that I don't even know where half the TRIBBLE comes from nowadays.
  • lordharco1lordharco1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    null
    Take it from someone that crossed over to kdf after leveling fed to lv6 a few days after launch fighting other kdf to lv40 because feds didnt q for pvp till they where max level cloaking ships have never been an issue for anyone that had a handel on the pvp aspect of the game.
  • delta#5820 delta Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    +1

Red Fed'ing was the best. Auto balance sides, the map mechanic was there for a time.
    [TRH] Delta
    Delta - Recluse
    Omega - Scimitar
    Alpha - MVAM
    Beta - Wells
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    Just let us change teams in ker'rat or make it random. FOLLOW storyline. we are allies with KDF (on paper)

Would be nice. It's sad to watch 10 feds gang up on 3 KDF.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    orondis wrote: »
    Just let us change teams in ker'rat or make it random. FOLLOW storyline. we are allies with KDF (on paper)

Would be nice. It's sad to watch 10 feds gang up on 3 KDF.

While..mildy true (it being sad)..The KDF seem to be better players than the feds for surviving such odds.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I agree, the average KDF player is better (at the game) than the average FED in Ker'rat.

Now, as for who, on average, is a better PERSON, that's another story. ;)
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Lol :D
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • geekysoldiergeekysoldier Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    I'd still like to be able to switch zones when I'm in a team. I shouldn't have to warp in and out dozens upon dozens of times to finally be in the same zone as my team mates
    DMoNDoR.jpg
    KDF is better in average because they have less naps (there are only good players on KDF, let it be Sherlock, Markus, Bauklotz...)
    But FED wins. FED has Rayy.

Kerrat should have a higher maximum of players in zones.
    Or team, warpout and warpin, then you should be in an instance with your teammates.
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2016
    I think now that the KDF and the Federation are allies, PVP should be taken off anyway, or remain only for "wargame fun" status. And I think by now it should also be allowed to have a cross-faction team for normal episodes as well, at least after the Romulan story arc.

Ker'rat should be a pure PVE map, so people would actually do the mission that is displayed in the corner of the map. That way it would be a lot easier to get the 1'440 Dilithium and 50 (105) fleet marks once the "Into the Fray" or "To the Front Lines" daily is active. I still haven't completed the 70/70 accolade for that task, because so many times I am alone doing the mission and being shot at all the time. That takes the fun away and I will drop the daily.

PS: I have submitted a bug report in our special "Starfleet Operations Center" forum in here, about the loot drop issue from Borg critters in the Ker'rat map.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • delta#5820 delta Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    New meat...
    [TRH] Delta
    Delta - Recluse
    Omega - Scimitar
    Alpha - MVAM
    Beta - Wells
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    I have to agree with patrickngo- I wish they would just quit the shenanigans and say that they have no desire to develop PvP. STO needs to stop pretending like it's an all-encompassing MMO with PvP, UGC, or literally anything besides amusement park style shoot-em-ups.

As far as I can tell, they only keep us and the foundry around as a political measure so that the EP of the week can say that STO has these.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    @eristhevorta, do you have something useful to say?
    PvP is still part of the game and just because you want it to be removed, it wont happen.
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    @yoda2005 Bauklotz is not a good PvPer, he has more cheese than a Frenchman working in a cheese factory! No one that uses cheese and broken abilities can be called a "good" PvPer.
    Naah bauklotz is good, he just uses pen weapons like most others do too.
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    And BFAW on occasion in a pilot ship, zhal trait, immunities with doffed RSP, etc...
    That is not the hallmark of a good player, I don't use cheese and he has a hard time bringing my t5u defiant down on his own. He sucks without cheese, immunities and zhal.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    yoda2005 wrote: »
    @eristhevorta, do you have something useful to say?
    PvP is still part of the game and just because you want it to be removed, it wont happen.

We all have wishes and we all are allowed to voice them. I am quite sure PVP is not gunna be removed entirely, so you won't have to worry too much about it. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • afree100afree100 Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    biggs4ever wrote: »
    Easier said then done read a bufflist that's a mile long with half it it not even being boff powers anymore. Nevermind the fact that I don't even know where half the TRIBBLE comes from nowadays.
    Oh man, so this. Of course pretty easy to spot fbp.
    Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honor Guard
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Who is Klinger? How can I become his acolyte and help usher in the KDF apocalypse of the 32nd century? At first, I didn't believe his stories about defeating Death in hand to hand combat. But the temporal jelly is so strong with this warrior that I have decided to forsake the scumminess of my federation character and play the game on elite mode, as a warrior of the empire.
  • gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    should i use f words here to get this thread on admin/dev radar?
    Not quite. We have agreed upon an armistice (long-term cease-fire) but a treaty of peace formally ending the war, and outlining territorial boundaries for contested star systems (like Ker'rat) hasn't happened yet.

Warf mentions, "in the past, there have been times where we have not been allies or enemies. Perhaps this will become one of those times." (Note the future tense.)

So, from an in-game, canon perspective... The Federation-Klingon war is pretty much the same status as the real-world Korean War: it never ended, but we've got a perpetual cessation of hostilities.
    newstosiggy.png
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    The hilarious part (and it is, at this point, hilarious) is that you're all worried and upset at the condition of PvP at levels above sixty-while there's nobody building the minor leagues to bring in players that might be able to teamwork it out without the 160 hours of PvE grind and god knows how much Zen expenditure.

There were some real legends in PvP once upon a time-guys who could come into an endgame match running tier three ships and kick the **** out of the other team. THose people moved on, there's nobody to replace them, but they got that good doing something nobody does anymore...

Leveling through PvP.

Doesn't happen. everyone is racing to get to that 'endgame ship' with all the bells and whistles-and Borticus is all too happy to come out with the next uncounterable 'thing' that you'll all run toward to get your won-true-build on.

Here's an idea...

Ker'rat is open all hours, and it's open to every level past ten. If FBPx5 really annoys you, maybe it's time to go back and work on your fundamentals-like watching the other fellow's buff-bar, and seeing what his traits and his passives are doing, learning to time it-maybe even learning to fight without the crutches. It's not 'vanilla' it's more basic than that.

the Powercreep and Pay2win has weighed down the whole activity, maybe it's time for the "ELITES" to come down from the mountain and start building the community again-recruitng newbies, shepherding them from low levels, redeveloping the basics so that when they HIT the level fifty to sixty slog, they're not relying on something that costs three grand and takes forever in grinding PvE to master.

I know, it's a filthy thought, lowering yourself to a new toon, eschewing the PvE and building something more than e-peen contests in the level sixty instance...but you never know-you might find that elusive 'challenge' you're all so on about, you might even find a way to revitalize the PvP community.

mind you, I advocated for this before and found only silence, I don't expect anyone to pick up the glove, but I've got a brand-new Lethean science and he's level 3 right now, and he'll stay low level for as long as anyone is willing to pick up the gauntlet, find a newbie, and bring them to Ker'rat to look for a fight that's free of extraneous elements. I'm not saying I can be there all the time, but I bet you can-some of you, anyway.

THIS is what it's going to take to 'save' PvP-not begging the Devs for work they can't or won't do, not complaining about how endgame builds interact with one another in this age of uncounterable power-creep and bottomless PvE grind, endless chasing after the 'next big thing'.

When you don't have the balls to take a Tier Five ship into level sixty ker'rat or queue matches becasue you KNOW what all those advanced mechanics can do to you, what chance is there for some newbie who's never even built his basic skillset?

You're not "Elite" until you have followers, students, people whose accomplishments are greater than your own, but rooted in your work.

Y'all talk a great game about how the people who left 'wouldn't adapt'...well, are you up to matching what they accomplished? can you dare to level a toon through PvP and PvP alone?

QAPLA!!!
    Did anyone see the other thread on that challenge? "Are you bold enough?"

Check it out.

Qapla!
    Did anyone see the other thread on that challenge? "Are you bold enough?"

Check it out.

Qapla!

Ok, if anyone who was tracking this comes back here, I am going to say yes to the challenge offered by Patrickngo. I am not the best PVP player. By far not! I do se this as a chance to bring some life into a part of the game that some say is already dead and gone. Maybe they are right. We can find out for sure. What do people say?

Qapla!