test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galactic Development Campaign

2»

Comments

• rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    My goodness if they was gonna give us something for doing nothing you'd still moan. They give us something becuase you do something you allready do and you moan. When i ask will they ever do anything to make you happy? Correction when will you ever be satisfied? Realise that if they fire the managers, burn the store and close the bussiness you would then be unhappy because they was gone.

signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    I'd rather have a new episode tbh. I've been grinding for a month, getting a bit bored now :/
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    Thanks for the event, I like the premise and think it would have made a great fodder for a story. In the here and now the consequences of war would, in my opinion made for more compelling drama than time travel.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Honestly with an "event" like this, there should be some in game tangible reward. Or just bypass this entirely, and bring back the featured episodes with rewards specific for those episodes. Give us a chance at getting the cane, shard, and the like.

No offense, but a monkey can make an event that feels like a vacuum. Bringing back the events the players want is something that could really bring back more players.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Honestly with an "event" like this, there should be some in game tangible reward. Or just bypass this entirely, and bring back the featured episodes with rewards specific for those episodes. Give us a chance at getting the cane, shard, and the like.

No offense, but a monkey can make an event that feels like a vacuum. Bringing back the events the players want is something that could really bring back more players.
    there is a "tangible" (in in-game terms) reward.... more money.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    anodynes wrote: »
    Why would I want to help refugees? If they can't help themselves, they deserve to be conquered. /klingon

:D

The refugees are the Na'kuhl. If the Empire wants to conquer a frozen system with a dead star and no population, I'd imagine they'd find little resistance.

Point being, the whole thing is silly.

Point being the Na'kuhl lost their star through no fault of their own, and the Klingons are not the bloodthirsty social Darwinists that people seem to like to paint them as. If they were, they'd be hypocrites, since they didn't just die off or surrender to the Romulans or Federation when Praxis exploded, they accepted the help that was offered. Them not helping the Romulans after Hobus is a matter of old grudges, which they don't have against the Na'kuhl.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • bjchiemarabjchiemara Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I have been disappointed with the recent state of Star Trek Online. I use to spend about $200 a month in this game ( I believe I am sitting around $2200 spent in this game including monthly subs when it was pay to play and for a time after it went free to play, just to support the game further), and lately, I have found that I'm content in the game and have nothing to grind for or feel challenged.

Lately I've been playing DCUO and putting my money in that game. One main reason is the WEEKLY release of actual new content full of story line and challenges. As well as a grind that feels enough of a grind to make me work but not over the top to where I feel like I'm pushing a boulder up a mountain. The way they did this was to offer multiple avenues to get tier gear. You are not stuck just having to grind marks to buy it from vendors, you get awesome unattuned drops of approximate same level gear (usually within 2 levels of vendor gear for your tier plus or minus so you can actually get a piece of gear slightly higher than you can purchase!)... not that we are stuck buying from vendors in STO but I would like to be able to craft MK XIV gear without having to do any upgrades as an option.

STO's grind isn't difficult at all, and with the stories not a real challenge, as well as a definite VOID of any REAL Star Trek content (mysteries needing solved with actual puzzle solving and any other Star Trek mission seen in the shows that revolves around avoiding conflict as the challenge... I like ship to ship battles, and ground assaults, but having cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner not only makes one obese it also makes one long for anything other than cake...

I enter a mission (with or without fleet/armada mates) and wipe out the board with no effort (even on elite) in very little time, ignore any and ALL normal drops (except tech/R&D/or otherwise related drops) because they are not worth my time to click a button, pick up, and then have to clear my inventory by selling or deleting the items since I can craft better ones and upgrade them and or sell them for EC.

I skip vast dialogue boxes of walls of text because, text based games are no longer necessary, if I wanted to read, I'd pick up one of my novels and not be logged in game. ( A little reading as far as research in a mission to solve a puzzle is awesome, but if I have to read what a character should be voicing at me and/or have a window in my screen while I am suppose to be facing a group of enemies... that really breaks the immersion of a battle...) I would like to see those boxes moved to the upper corner with an animated face of the person I'm listening to, with no text AND no interruption of action during action scenes or between mobs.

I would also like to see a central HUD display around my ship as an option. With vital info so I can turn off the rest of the HUD and ENJOY the graphics for a change.... having to stare at the bottom of my screen at times to watch cooldown timers mid battle keeps me from enjoying the shiny explosions that I am suppose to be enjoying.

Having powers that are on long cooldowns (or being able to select powers to display in half arc's around my ship) displayed in an unobtrusive manner, would go a long way to keeping my eyes on the action during combat and help me free up precious screen real estate, especially if we were given an auto hide on idle option for trays and chat as well as hide any item we want.

A small speedometer on the arc or attached to the minimap can show impulse / warp speed and then you can get rid of the rest. Power levels don't really change enough to require a constant display. Once I set a ship up, I pretty much know each profile's power settings and levels.

As far as tray powers go, once I get settled into a build... I only care about a handful of timers for certain chains. Especially since I use a PS3 controller and having 4 complete trays bound to it, the only ones I care about are the single hit ones that have longer timers that I might need to repeat a couple times in an elite battle that is giving me reason to use heals and special attack patterns (ones not in my usual chain) that aren't bound to my attack button and set off each time I attack.

I miss playing STO, but what I miss is the way it felt in the first couple years (circa 2010-2012) when there was a real goal to try to reach and new things to discover.

Nowadays I sit in my captain's chair on my bridge and look for things to do, which end up being what can I blow up... rather than what can I explore.

Post edited by bjchiemara on
  • warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Wish I had known about this before I contributed some stuff to my fleet yesterday.

And I would like to second the Replays for Shard of Poss, Ophidian Cane, Breen doff, etc. Many of my characters are missing them.
  • mikew83mikew83 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I hate to jump on the "underwhelming" bandwagon, but alas, here we are again. It's been months since a new story mission has been added. I barely remember to even log on and refine anymore. C'mon STO! We're better than this :wink:
  • skelmerdskelmerd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I want the return of Omega!
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Meh.. I'm not gonna bother. I'm looking for something new to do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Why would I want to help refugees? If they can't help themselves, they deserve to be conquered. /klingon

The refugees are the Na'kuhl. If the Empire wants to conquer a frozen system with a dead star and no population, I'd imagine they'd find little resistance.

Point being the Na'kuhl lost their star through no fault of their own, and the Klingons are not the bloodthirsty social Darwinists that people seem to like to paint them as. If they were, they'd be hypocrites, since they didn't just die off or surrender to the Romulans or Federation when Praxis exploded, they accepted the help that was offered. Them not helping the Romulans after Hobus is a matter of old grudges, which they don't have against the Na'kuhl.

Again, the whole thing is silly, including my original post, which was meant to be humerous. I take no responsibility for people foolishly taking it seriously.

24yb63b.jpg
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Does NO ONE remember the shenanigans from last time?

This event is bogus. We will get whatever reward Cryptic wants us to have, regardless of participation.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Whatever happens...you gotta know...the Ferengi are going to profit big time from this.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

Again, the whole thing is silly, including my original post, which was meant to be humerous. I take no responsibility for people foolishly taking it seriously.

24yb63b.jpg

I also take no responsibility for pointing out flaws in the "clever musings" of unpleasable cranks.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • bulltetheadbulltethead Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Lame.
    Glad I missed it.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    I've only just come back to STO after leaving a few days after the Winter Event started and almost nothing has changed. No new episodes....... Meh..
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    I've only just come back to STO after leaving a few days after the Winter Event started and almost nothing has changed. No new episodes....... Meh..

You're looking for the thread on "Time and Tide" then... it's over here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1210601/time-and-tide
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​