test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galactic Development Campaign

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Refugees have flooded nearby star systems, and their needs are putting strains on trade routes that were already stretched thin by a post-war rebuilding effort.

Let us come together, roll up our sleeves and do the hard work necessary so we can all prosper!

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    Is this generally how "rebuilding" will be reflected int he game or is there something akin to the Delta event planned where we can create a special character and experience some slight change in the storyline? Yeah, as if anybody was allowed to answer that, but I can try... pig-3.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Is this generally how "rebuilding" will be reflected int he game or is there something akin to the Delta event planned where we can create a special character and experience some slight change in the storyline? Yeah, as if anybody was allowed to answer that, but I can try... pig-3.gif​​
    Now now Targ. Don't push me. You know I'm not a vegetarian.
  • hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 107 Arc User

mmmmmm...Targ Bacon.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User

Neither am I *oinkoinkoinks* pig-2.gif We'll see wether your leek [green] [healthy] can beat my spikes [pointy] [ouch]x2 pig-3.gif

But seriously, a Targ can ask, can't it? pig-23.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I suddenly feel a need to create my first Human toon and make her look like Angela Merkel :*
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Hmmm...not sure that this is a good event. And it certainly does not generate a feeling of doing things to help the Alliance recover. Or at least the description and named event doesn't.
    I will say that the reward looks nice and will probably motivate me to do some things.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    A problem with basing success on fleet credit is that many older fleets are well past the need for a lot of fleet marks so there is not many opportunities to donate, and armada members with young fleets are either filled quickly or restrict donation to internal members. Change it the obtaining Fleet Marks to make it more a obtainable end-state.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I hope the FC progress got adjusted. The FC week has always failed to complete the final tier. Glad it's rep marks.
  • tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    When I read the title I got excited thinking its a new admiralty campaign being added, oh well. This... is ok I suppose :neutral:
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    No. Sorry.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,272 Arc User
    Sorry but this was a ponzi scheme last time. As far as I know the tier completion were not only broken but not really sure if we got any "bonus" at all. Everytime when Cryptic mentions "bonus" on these types of events I pick it up with a grain a salt. I won't participate since the record is not that great from what was done in the past.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    Nice, i was waiting for this. Thx.
      HcmgIKI.png
    • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
      no one cares. we want endgame content and raids like a NORMAL mmo. weve seen this sort of event come and go before with a small bat of the eye and no one cared then either because were mostly capped and already get these marks in droves on a normal basis. also, wasnt this supposed to be a different event established weeks beforehand in the calander, and you guys just went ahead and made it into another at the drop of a hat? truly, this is the u.s.s make shizz up...

IIRC, the only time people 'didn't care' was when the idea was to replay episodes to unlock a dilithium bonus. And that was only because most people had just finished levelling and playing all episodes on their Delta alts. The first time they did an event like this, it saw a lot of participation.
    • azthar#8407 azthar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      ::thumbs down::
    • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
      Meh.
      "Mr talks down to the peasants."
    • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
      not worth the grind so will sit this event out
      NO TO ARC
      Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
      Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
      Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
      edited January 2016
      We're trying to cap our Research Facility and our Military Base so our Fleet Members who need rep will definitely get some benefit from this. Hope to see a new episode for the Story Arc soon. Was hoping today's "Suspicions" announcement was about the next episode/mission.
      Post edited by goodscotch on
      klingon-bridge.jpg

• swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
      Actually, a fleet credit bonus event would be nice.
    • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 319 Arc User
      Hey something different...I'll put this in the win column.
      Former Moderator 10-28-16
    • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
      wardcalis wrote: »
      It is an insult to Romulans that thier logo wasn't included in the artwork of the peice. There is also no mention about Romulans being able to take advantage of this.

Are Romulans indeed exempt from this promo? Are we not as important as the other 2 factions? Why are we not allowed to help our allies.

Since there is no Romulan Fleets, per se, it's not pertinent to the promo. You form either a Fed Fleet or a KDF Fleet. And those can have the properly aligned Romulans in them. And that's how the wanna-be faction can contribute to the other Alliance factions but not their own.
      Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
      KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
      RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
      RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
      TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
      Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
      Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
    • whitewhale80whitewhale80 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
      So for those of us who aren't in a fleet this is just a bit of nothing?
    • blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
      Is this generally how "rebuilding" will be reflected int he game or is there something akin to the Delta event planned...​​

Actually, with the short-term nature of the event, I'd guess it's more an effort to drain some of the dilithium out of the game, possibly encourage people to buy some zen to turn into dilithium for fleet projects. Remember that the special fleet projects are also still running through 1/18 I believe.

The dilithium price of zen has been going up steeply, which is driving away at least some players that I know of firsthand. That's annecdotal, but may be a factor.

And then there's a bonus dilithium weekend at the same time, so...
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
      Why would I want to help refugees? If they can't help themselves, they deserve to be conquered. /klingon

:D
    • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 698 Arc User
      Meh. Will contribute as normal, but this event is underwhelming.

How about another FE Replay for the Shard of Possibilities, and the Ophidian Cane, so newer characters (like all our Delta Recruits) can get them? There's the event for which I'm hoping.
    • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
      Contributing fleet marks to fleet projects is something I do nearly everyday.

I was really kinda hoping to hit the ground running after the holidays with something exciting, interesting and new.

Maybe I'm just feeling a bit meh because we just got some snow,.... and I have a mess to clean up, and it's really cold, and grey.... God I hate winter. :(
      tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• hawkyenarasumashawkyenarasumas Member Posts: 35 Arc User
      vorwoda wrote: »
      Meh. Will contribute as normal, but this event is underwhelming.

How about another FE Replay for the Shard of Possibilities, and the Ophidian Cane, so newer characters (like all our Delta Recruits) can get them? There's the event for which I'm hoping.

Yeah, this is way overdue.
      ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
      Admiral Hawkye L. Narasumas
      Commanding Officer, NX-91883 U.S.S. Harmony - Prometheus Class Custom Variant
      Fleet Commander, No Fate

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
    • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User

mmmmmm...Targ Bacon.
      Isn't that just being redundant. i.e. Targ = Bacon, Bacon = Targ
      Now Targ tartare is not redundant, it just sounds as if it is. ;)

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
      Meh, I didn't do it last time. So I won't bother this time either. I will keep on my usual gaming. By getting Reps done and other stuff.
      Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
      Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
      sov42 wrote: »
      Why would I want to help refugees? If they can't help themselves, they deserve to be conquered. /klingon

The refugees are the Na'kuhl. If the Empire wants to conquer a frozen system with a dead star and no population, I'd imagine they'd find little resistance.
      This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
      anodynes wrote: »
      sov42 wrote: »

The refugees are the Na'kuhl. If the Empire wants to conquer a frozen system with a dead star and no population, I'd imagine they'd find little resistance.

Point being, the whole thing is silly.