test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plse Cryptic, make some simple changes to STO to make this game as great as it could be!

2»

Comments

• dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edipss wrote: »
    dareau wrote: »
    3. Gear score only works when everyone has the same level of slots. I mean, how's my 3/3 Sci ever going to get the same gear score as a 4/4 cruiser?

Next refinements, please...

AVERAGE gear level works regardless of how many slots a ships has cause its the AVERAGE

So as a Sci, if I load "just enough" Mk XIV omnis in the back, and gold-up my engineering consoles - theoretically enough to take my Mk XII white front up to said "average", I'll be such a contribution...

Again, gear score, especially when you're talking "offense" (read: the stuff that directly contributes to DPS), has to be a "level playing field". Averaging won't count - unless the "average" is essentially "maximum"...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edipss wrote: »
    3. Gear score only works when everyone has the same level of slots. I mean, how's my 3/3 Sci ever going to get the same gear score as a 4/4 cruiser?

Next refinements, please...

AVERAGE gear level works regardless of how many slots a ships has cause its the AVERAGE

So as a Sci, if I load "just enough" Mk XIV omnis in the back, and gold-up my engineering consoles - theoretically enough to take my Mk XII white front up to said "average", I'll be such a contribution...

Again, gear score, especially when you're talking "offense" (read: the stuff that directly contributes to DPS), has to be a "level playing field". Averaging won't count - unless the "average" is essentially "maximum"...

Hence why many players hate min-maxing.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    The thread title would probably be more accurate as:

Please implement changes I want, because I think they would make the game better for me (since I didn't ask what anyone else wants) ! o:)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    Sounds just like the guy who wants Cryptic to change all 4/4 slot ships to 5/3 because he doesn't like 4/4.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • edipssedipss Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    qjunior wrote: »
    The thread title would probably be more accurate as:

Please implement changes I want, because I think they would make the game better for me (since I didn't ask what anyone else wants) ! o:)

im totally fine with the way this game is now, these changes would not change anything in the way i personally would like to have STO; but these changes would help these 10+ people that start asking me questions on how to improve their builds evertime i log ino this game.

this game literally gives no relevant information to new or even not so new players, having some kind of score that shows you AND ONLY YOURSELF how good ur current build is performing would solve alot of problems people have with the basic understandment of this game.

and about the point with this *requirements* to que up for advanced/elite, IF i want to play these ques i just go premade, but other people cant/dont want to do that, so for them basicly most of the end game content in this game is not playable, and thats sad
  • r80tpr80tp Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Fact is most MMOs nowadays have at least a tootip informing you before accessing certain content that it's best done in a certain tier of gear or that you need x stats in order to be able to perform and not be a hinder.
    As it is in STO u can go in any end game content with any kind of gear (provided you have the appropriate level) and either be dragged through the content or die in frustration with your team trying to get through it.
    So yes, imo something needs to be done if they want PUGs to function