What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who would like the ships from the new movies in the game

I would so totally want the dreadnought from the second movie

Comments

• Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Star Trek, but not the same universe. I like the movies but that will be strange to see it in STO.
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    draco456217draco456217 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    not totally true, first movie the ship spock used came from the original reality, and the dreadnought from the second movie is more advanced than a lot of ships in the game
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Would be nice and it would also somewhat fit in, it's not that far off from some cryptic designs. Kitbash the arbiter & monarch dreadnought together and you'll come pretty close.
    But aside from alot of butthurt crybabies there are licensing issues.
    not totally true, first movie the ship spock used came from the original reality, and the dreadnought from the second movie is more advanced than a lot of ships in the game

It may be "bigger" but not necessarily more advanced. Sure it beat the J.J. ent to a pulp but that isn't saying much. There's still a couple decades of actual technology development in between. 2410 >2259
  • Options
    i also looked up the enterprise from the new movies and it is bigger than the enterprise e & d
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I think the licensing issue is the real problem. There are fans (like me) that dislike the Temporal Cold War or the overuse of the Mirror Universe, but that's not stopping them.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    Considering what the new movies do for Romulans, I'd rather do some bird watching.
  • Options
    well if you have watched the tv show and played the new missions in the game important events revolve around the temporal cold war
  • Options
    Would be nice and it would also somewhat fit in, it's not that far off from some cryptic designs. Kitbash the arbiter & monarch dreadnought together and you'll come pretty close.

It may be "bigger" but not necessarily more advanced. Sure it beat the J.J. ent to a pulp but that isn't saying much. There's still a couple decades of actual technology development in between. 2410 >2259

ah but can any of the ships in the game can be operated by a minimal crew of 70 and still be that gigantic
  • Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User

ah but can any of the ships in the game can be operated by a minimal crew of 70 and still be that gigantic

When all my crew is dead my ship is till flying :D
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,829 Arc User
    I think the licensing issue is the real problem. There are fans (like me) that dislike the Temporal Cold War or the overuse of the Mirror Universe, but that's not stopping them.

Yup...praise the licensing issues...that help keep abominations like the JJPrise and the...heck I can't even remember the name of the ugliest Starfleet vessel I've ever on the TV screen...
  • Options
    barely operating really, plus how effective are you without them, without a crew you are as good as dead and that goes for everyone no matter what your ship may be
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    No
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    oh and the romulan ship from the first movie was said to be "this a simple mining vessel in the time i come from (Nero,Star Trek 20009 movie)" and since he went back in time almost right after romulus was destroyed wouldn't that mean that all the teir 5+ ships cryptic came up with should be more powerful than it
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    People wanted the Vengeance, Cryptic gave us the Avenger. People wanted the Narada, Cryptic gave us the Adapted Battlecruiser/Destroyer. I'm sure whatever new ship that is seen in Star Trek Beyond will find it's way into the game in some form next year.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    @draco456217 it's not. The AR Constitution is only slightly longer than the prime refit. Only the shuttlebay effects from 09 suggest a larger size. Every other shot in all three films shows a smaller ship. The Dreadnought is about the size of the Excelsior.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    i like the vengence but thats it
    343rguu.jpg

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,350 Arc User
    To be honest iId rather keep them out of STO.
    Warship voyager however would be a very nice addition.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Right. So as it stands, Cryptic doesn't have the rights to the JJ-verse stuff. STO's deal is with CBS, not Paramount. Of course, things could change and deals could be made, but that's not likely. So we probably won't get the actual ships from any of the new movies, but we might get something "inspired" by them.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    I would fly an AR-Enterprise. It runs on tears
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Ship built with 24th century tech scraps from whatever Spock knows and a mining ship > ships developed in 24th century and beyond, with all 24th century experience, technology and manufactoring capability?
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    barely operating really, plus how effective are you without them, without a crew you are as good as dead and that goes for everyone no matter what your ship may be

If you think that, you must have no idea how crew works in STO.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter

True, also the new series will a have a lot to catch up. The decade since it was out of air changed a lot of things.

Srsly USS Zumwalt is more sci-fi than anything currently on the movie or TV screen rofl...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    No way, it's a totally different style (and also outside the licence). Not against some of the styles inspiring stuff in STO (I believe the Vengence class snuck in in a way - but thankfully wasn't as ugly as in STID). I'm more interested in taking some tips from their interior style - maybe not as starship but ground areas or another faction.

More interested in getting some of the species in (weirdly, JJverse is not keen on using canon aliens, so far just Klingons, Vulcans and Orion) as they would exist in the prime reality and some look quite interesting. Make a reimagining of some.
  • Options
    admiralkirkadmiralkirk Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    No.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    Actually yes, I would like to see them ingame.
    Primarily so I can blow them up, again and again, over and over, ad infinitum with screaming tears of joy rolling down my face.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    no
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    I guess I'm with @groomofweird on this one.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2015
    Yes any ship, but as previously said... Licensing issues.
    Post edited by comrademoco on
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    ammianusammianus Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    No
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    So a mining ship (T1), a bunch of ships that the mining ship easily wiped out (T0?), and a ship that was slightly tougher then the easily wiped out ships (T0-U?). Yeah, not excited.​​