test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic needs to work harder on Anti-Griefing

Comments

• Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    I haven't had much experience with griefers until the Mirror Invasion event started up. Every day when I run my characters through the event, at least one of them ends up in a match where someone either leaves right away before the fighting even starts, or one or more people just say they're "AFK" and then do nothing the entire queue. Needless to say, those matches end badly.

This event is already painful enough to grind out on multiple characters, but having to deal with these people who have no respect for other players and find pissing others off to be enjoyable make me not want to run it at all.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    alphahydri wrote: »
    I haven't had much experience with griefers until the Mirror Invasion event started up. Every day when I run my characters through the event, at least one of them ends up in a match where someone either leaves right away before the fighting even starts, or one or more people just say they're "AFK" and then do nothing the entire queue. Needless to say, those matches end badly.

This event is already painful enough to grind out on multiple characters, but having to deal with these people who have no respect for other players and find pissing others off to be enjoyable make me not want to run it at all.

I can understand players attitude towards mirror incursion.
    lets face it, nothing you seem to do in the first half seems to make a difference.
    if you manage to shut all the portals and clear the ships your just sitting waiting for the timer to run out and what do you get for your trouble a few more marks.
    I only engage the ships because its less boring then just waiting and doing nothing but I can understand the afk'ers totally.
    theres no way you can lump this in with regular griefers.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    alphahydri wrote: »

I can understand players attitude towards mirror incursion.
    lets face it, nothing you seem to do in the first half seems to make a difference.
    if you manage to shut all the portals and clear the ships your just sitting waiting for the timer to run out and what do you get for your trouble a few more marks.
    I only engage the ships because its less boring then just waiting and doing nothing but I can understand the afk'ers totally.
    theres no way you can lump this in with regular griefers.

Hint: R&D, admiralty, doffing. Not only more fun than waiting or jumping through hoops for peanuts, also more rewarding.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Re-read the last page, the subtle insinuations were already made I just said the name first.

Of course no thread about griefing and/or trolling would be truly complete without an appearance from dental... so congratulations for being predictable.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, it looks like they have called in the Junior Members (post-wise) to back up the Senior Member.

The question is, are they here to provoke some to the point of getting the targeted person and the Junior Member banned. Appropriate sacrifice to handle Enemies of the State
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    Its a gamble when you play in a public Q, either make privates or accept the UN-expected in a random group of unknowns.
    How many channels do we have now and don't forget Fleets, and Armadas.
    Just don't see the logic of asking Cryptic for help when everyone has options that are over looked.

Note: Ever thought Cryptic has already solved the ANTI-Griefing issue, its called Private channels, Fleets, and Armadas.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    bindingchainsbindingchains Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Its a gamble when you play in a public Q, either make privates or accept the UN-expected in a random group of unknowns.
    Just don't see the logic of asking Cryptic for help when everyone has options that are over looked.

Note: Ever thought Cryptic has already solved the ANTI-Griefing issue, its called Private channels, Fleets, and Armadas.

Just because they have private matches and fleets (like every other game) they should do nothing about griefers and let them ruin the game? Griefers add -nothing- but problems to the game/community, its actually a serious issue and very few people (apparently Cryptic isnt aware of that either) can see it. If I had that happen to me on my first weeks I would pack and leave and never come back, not only that, I wouldnt recomend the game to -anyone-. This is how a game starts dying, when people start preading bad news about it. (How many times you have skipped a movie on the theater just because everyone was saying garbage about it? You wont even try/waste your money)

How hard it is implement a kick out feature in a group? People has been asking this for ages. I've played games that have this feature, if someone starts messing around the team has the power to vote to remove that player. If you are kicked out a team you should get a counter, if you reach a certain number of kicks then you got issues and should be temporary banned from any queue system, that would teach people.

• Options
    edited November 2015

Just because they have private matches and fleets (like every other game) they should do nothing about griefers and let them ruin the game? Griefers add -nothing- but problems to the game/community, its actually a serious issue and very few people (apparently Cryptic isnt aware of that either) can see it. If I had that happen to me on my first weeks I would pack and leave and never come back, not only that, I wouldnt recomend the game to -anyone-. This is how a game starts dying, when people start preading bad news about it. (How many times you have skipped a movie on the theater just because everyone was saying garbage about it? You wont even try/waste your money)

How hard it is implement a kick out feature in a group? People has been asking this for ages. I've played games that have this feature, if someone starts messing around the team has the power to vote to remove that player. If you are kicked out a team you should get a counter, if you reach a certain number of kicks then you got issues and should be temporary banned from any queue system, that would teach people.

Nobody is forcing anyone to volunteer to join a random queue of strangers with unknown goals.

Everyone in the game has a choice if they want to avoid unknown players.

Do we really want a police force just because people in a MMO don't want to play with others, but when they do they want them to behave certain way.

Just don't see forcing people into a set of parameters will make anyone or everyone happy.

Seriously just use the Elite STF Channel then join or create private matches, unless you think its worth letting others control you.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    sannia1sannia1 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Some other MMOs have come up with creative solutions to similar problems.

For example, I read on Cracked.com that Street Fighter Online has a "special" server. They have scripts to track the number of times you disconnect from a match. If a player rage quits enough, they get removed from normal queues and get sent to the "special" server to play with the other rage quitters, without notice.

A little bit of creativity along with the willingness to draw a hard line can go a long way. My suggestion would be to track success rates, and if someone fails about 80% of their queues they get forced off the public queue system.

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    sannia1 wrote: »

For example, I read on Cracked.com that Street Fighter Online has a "special" server. They have scripts to track the number of times you disconnect from a match. If a player rage quits enough, they get removed from normal queues and get sent to the "special" server to play with the other rage quitters, without notice.

A little bit of creativity along with the willingness to draw a hard line can go a long way. My suggestion would be to track success rates, and if someone fails about 80% of their queues they get forced off the public queue system.

can you imagine the rage?
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Well look at this way do want Cryptic to work on the above or something like a Cardassians / Jem'Hadar Faction(Not that they will make one).

Thats how they will look at what is worth their time, a police system or encourage people to join or create private matches.

This subject is so old and it always comes down to just join or create private queues if you wish to avoid unknowns.

Note: Pretty sure the above system will flag people with bad internet and block them from playing, just not cool.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Note: Pretty sure the above system will flag people with bad internet and block them from playing, just not cool.

Quoted for truth. the answer to this problem is moderation, not automated systems.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    g0delg0del Member Posts: 28 Arc User

The AFK penalty thread is full of people complaining that they got the AFK penalty when they weren't AFK. You know, the penalty that kicks in if you do less than 1% of the total damage in the STF. Any penalty for failing queues is guaranteed to hit a whole bunch of non-griefers who are just really bad at the game.

Official STARFLEET DENTAL Bug Hunter
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    wow..can't believe this one still opened. Shaming and flaming is a high offense no matter what led to it.​​
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    wow..can't believe this one still opened. Shaming and flaming is a high offense no matter what led to it.​​

Pointing out serious issues is flaming where? Did you actually read the 3 pages and all points people made until now, or just replied?

Its open because the problem is still going on. Im still being spammed with private fleet invitation requests from a bot. If Cryptic has the manpower to do something, they should track my tickets, find the responsable and punish them. Also find ways to prevent spamming and griefing before doing anything to my topic. Closing my topic and ignoring me (and others) is just giving the griefers support, Cryptic wont do that (at least I dont think they would as a company).

So Im still here and waiting for a solution and wont stop until its sorted out. Im doing this because I care about this game and I wont just sit and watch people with bad intentions ruin it.
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Just do what I do send a challenge back fight then in ground use all the cheese to win. And when they are lying dead on.the floor go Halo and teabag em
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    nabreeki wrote: »
    semalda226 wrote: »
    Just do what I do send a challenge back fight then in ground use all the cheese to win. And when they are lying dead on.the floor go Halo and teabag em

Twelve year olds get angry at tebagging. Twelve year old also partake in teabagging. If you aren't twelve, should probably dig a little deeper into your bag of tricks.

What are you doing exactly to make the game any better? The twelve years old here seems to be you, for missing the point. For years griefers have roamed free this game, because Cryptic cant see the problem they cause. Im making this noise to show them its a serius matter and a lot of people have gone through this, worse of all, some of them even silence afraid of griefers.

So my point of making a lot of noise is to show them they need to act and Im taking this one episode in particular to give it example to other griefers. Doing -nothing- like you, is improving the game how exactly? At least IM trying, if you have nothing to add, go read another topic, thanks. :)
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    if you have nothing to add, go read another topic, thanks. :)

Just because you may not agree with what he has to say does not mean he has nothing to add. Just because you posted this thread does not mean you are in charge of it and can make other people leave.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Wasn't he replying to me anyway about using some other troll trick than teabagging? Confusing quoted and reply is confusing....
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    You get mad at me for breaking the TOS? Oh the irony.
  • Options
    Thank you GMs for contacting me.

I guess that will be just a matter of time until its sorted, dont let griefers ruin your game!
  • Options
    litlebrother177litlebrother177 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    They must add a ignore/block channel invites, same for fleet map/ship invites, that woud kill all the griefers in the game.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Don't forget to enable the extinguishers in Undine Infiltration and not just on that one early mission.

Also, I have a different solution for the cover shield problem, and that is to disable collision with the shield entirely on all PvE maps for players and potentially BOFFs as well (assuming the latter can also be fixed without affecting NPC's). This will have the double benefit of not just preventing griefing, but also a lot of stupid stuff like BOFFs getting themselves stuck in the cover shield that makes it a worse than useless power for BOFFs and occasionally even for non-griefing players.

Getting actual GM's into game is a big one for sure. In general Cryptic seems not to have adequate staffing in customer service ranging from GMs to tech support to quality assurance. Increased budget and hiring in these areas should IMO be a priority.

What kind of radius of contact does this other game have?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
This discussion has been closed.