test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unofficial Literary Language #18 Discussion Thread

starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
This is the discussion thread Unofficial Literary Challenge #18: "Winter Wonderland Celebrations II".

As usual be honest and polite. My apologies for the delay; work's been rough this week.
"Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
— Sabaton, "Great War"
VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/

Comments

• aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Yay! I actually have an idea for prompt number 1!

And maybe 2...

And 3 I may have an idea for, who knows?
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Nice prompts!

This:
    starswordc wrote: »
    Do they try?

I want to write a crew that just doesn't bother to get their Captain back. lol

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Nice prompts!

This:
    Do they try?

Some of our captains, our crews wouldn't bother, they'd just kill time until they saw a huge explosion and go, "Okay, everybody look busy, Captain's back!"
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Just submitted my first entry. Mostly to poke fun at Winter Wonderland, as I haven't played it yet, but I ad this idea since the blog came out with the Snowconians.
  • jonnaroslynjonnaroslyn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Maybe the Borg Queen is all alone on New Years and just longs for the day some dashing Android will meet her under the mistletoe and help her kill all humans.
    Somebody please write this. This is the most amazing thing <3 (I also read that as "dashing Andorian" first, which would've been even better imo.)
    Nice prompts!

This:
    Do they try?

Some of our captains, our crews wouldn't bother, they'd just kill time until they saw a huge explosion and go, "Okay, everybody look busy, Captain's back!"
    I love that. "Eh, they'll turn up at some point. Enjoy your day off people!"
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    Haha! Nice one Aten66. I love the gradual loosing of sanity as the week goes on.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
    Aten, that was brilliant. Game references are the best. :D

Here was mine from last year. I think I might do a follow-up to it this month.
    edited December 2015
    I got a bit of an idea for a riff on the song "Christmas in the Trenches".
    https://youtu.be/s9coPzDx6tA
    Or something involving a mid-war Christmas at any rate.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

On the other hand, maybe this song is more usable with all the TRIBBLE going on right now:
    https://youtu.be/Tr1d0ivyTTk
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Aten: The slow descent into insanity in that was hilarious.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    aten66 wrote: »
    Just submitted my first entry. Mostly to poke fun at Winter Wonderland, as I haven't played it yet, but I ad this idea since the blog came out with the Snowconians.
    Loved it :D Really awesome fun entry B)
    Maybe the Borg Queen is all alone on New Years and just longs for the day some dashing Android will meet her under the mistletoe and help her kill all humans.
    Somebody please write this. This is the most amazing thing <3 (I also read that as "dashing Andorian" first, which would've been even better imo.)
    I'm very tempted to write something on this theme, but I fear it might just come across as fan-service... :blush: I'll see what else filters through... B)
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Aten66- nice one. It's probably wise not to gaze too deeply into the void of the Gingerbread Village. :P

Still busy, might get something, a brief case of godhood sounds fun.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • jonnaroslynjonnaroslyn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I'm very tempted to write something on this theme, but I fear it might just come across as fan-service... :blush: I'll see what else filters through... B)

It could be a very over the top, tacky, silly piece in the spirit of every cheesy Christmas romcom ever made! :D

It could be a very over the top, tacky, silly piece in the spirit of every cheesy Christmas romcom ever made! :D

Hmmm..... :D

• khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Your ship is cruising along taking vital medical supplies to Starbase 25 when Santa Claus appears on the bridge....
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Your ship is cruising along taking vital medical supplies to Starbase 25 when Santa Claus appears on the bridge....

I can see Picard not even doubletaking before bellowing Q! :D

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    I have an *idea*...the problem is it doesn't fit my crews or continuity whereas I think it would fit someone else better. Basically my idea is that as crazy as it is, Q Junior actually has a serious intention behind the Winter Wonderland. I wonder how I could farm it out without spoiling the idea to the eventual readers...

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I may tie it in to my last one. Once I get round to the damn thing.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User

I can see Picard not even doubletaking before bellowing Q! :D

Santa: I am here to bring Christmas cheer to people like you who no longer believe.
    Worf: I am a klingon warrior...we do not believe in Christmas cheer.
    *poof*
    A Christmas Ornament now marks the position where Worf once stood.
    Picard: Counselor,what are you sensing from him? Is he part of the Q continuum?
    Troi: I sense great jolliness.
    Picard: You will return my officer back to the way he was and release my ship.
    Santa: You are in no position to demand anything from me. I am here to judge if you have been naughty or nice.
    *Cue Opening Credits.*
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    Troi: I sense great jolliness.

Love this. lol
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    Literary Language?

Yeah, I'm not following up on Aten's post. That was a fun read!
    gulberat wrote: »
    *cut* Q Junior actually has a serious intention behind the Winter Wonderland.*cut*

I would love to here more about this, that's for sure.
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    *clip* Q Junior actually has a serious intention behind the Winter Wonderland. I wonder how I could farm it out without spoiling the idea to the eventual readers...

Personally, I just think Q Junior is trying to compete against Kishur Zelretch Schweinorg for his title of The Ultimate Troll. B):D
    76561198160276582.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Literary Language?
    I got excited thinking this was about constructed languages, but it's not... :/
    starsword_by_marhawkman-d9jipcj.png
    Hehe.... Krenim writing is cool.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    Literary Language?
    I guess English isn't expansive enough for their creativity.

I have an *idea*...the problem is it doesn't fit my crews or continuity whereas I think it would fit someone else better. Basically my idea is that as crazy as it is, Q Junior actually has a serious intention behind the Winter Wonderland. I wonder how I could farm it out without spoiling the idea to the eventual readers...

There's always John.Q.Random captain if you want a one-off. Sounds interesting!

edited December 2015
    Literary Language?

Language itself isn't enough for us. But this is just the first step. Our next challenge will be Unofficial Literary Everything so we can convert life, the universe and everything in it into a simplified form, possibly a number.
    Literary Language?

Language itself isn't enough for us. But this is just the first step. Our next challenge will be Unofficial Literary Everything so we can convert life, the universe and everything in it into a simplified form, possibly a number.