What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I have a bone to pick considering this game's Herald lockbox

Comments

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    On mobile, so quotes don't work, but here goes...
    @bayonettawiccan said "Wow, because someone gives harsh criticism about your beloved game, you think it gives you the right to act like a xenophobic moron. Let me guess, you thought it was a cool game or you were attracted because of JJ's films, because you don't know that this game's greed-first policies goes against everything Star Trek....

Anyway, I have had a lifetime subscription since 2012, so I am home, mother#$%^er."

Xenophobic? Wow, I didn't realize a paraphrase of "Go home, you're drunk" was xenophobic. Just because I think you started this thread with a bad attitude and are continuing the showing with a healthy helping of moronic entitlement doesn't mean I'm xenophobic. Do you even know what that means, or were you just throwing in a big word to make yourself look smarter? Maybe if I paraphrase "Friends don't let friends drive drunk" it will sound less xenophobic to you: "Forumites don't let friends troll stupid."

For the record, I really wasn't very happy with JJ Trek. That's beside the point, though. Regardless of if one timeline or another represents a future free of greed, etc more than the other, I recognize that this is a GAME, which is being run in TODAY'S world, where people need money to do just about anything. So, if Cryptic chooses to keep the servers running by in part, offering Lockboxes that we can open for real money, good for them. People like you who blew hundreds of dollars on them, and then, rather than feel shame in such gluttonous actions, storms into the forums blaming your put choices on anyone who gets in your way, can take a walk out the airlock.

Finally, I, too, am a LTS. Big deal. Is calling names supposed to make you look cooler? 'Cuz it isn't helping you make a valid point. Seems to me, if someone really felt they were home, they wouldn't take a giant $#!+ on the living room floor, but you kinda did.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    samt1996 wrote: »
    @pwlaughingtrendy can you please come ban this moron? He's damaging my mental calm.
    You know how people say if I don't like to play the gamble game, don't open the lockboxes? Here's a thought; don't like my thread, don't read or bump it with your moronic drivel.

Thank you for being a gullible tool and mindlessly dumping cash into this game so that people like me can continue to play for free. It's true heroes like you that make it possible for your more sensible fellow players to continue to enjoy the game for a reasonable price.

I salute you sir/madam. Now please get of the forum and go buy more keys! You'll get it eventually, just keep buying keys.. you got this!

At least I can say I paid for what I got, unlike you, freeloader. ;)

Yep, sure.. you got me there champ.

You take your smug sense of self satisfaction and just keep pouring your money in. Whatever keeps you feeding the machine, it's all cool with me. I'm a freeloader, you're Star Trek Jesus.. All hail you.. you're the greatest EVAR!

Now go buy more keys.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Yep, sure.. you got me there
    Darn tootin', freeloader.
  • Options
    bergins wrote: »
    So, if Cryptic chooses to keep the servers running by in part, offering Lockboxes that we can open for real money, good for them.

Or maybe they shouldn't have gone f2p. There are still some games that are either still subscription based or like Elder Scrolls and Guild Wars 2, are buy 2 play if they must resort to a quick cash grab.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I guess people who are moaning about the lockboxes and making cliams like oh If I buy x number of boxes I will get the ship have no clue about what the odds mean in this game. It means the odds are in each randomly generated box that drops the odds of that one box is a (we'll use this as a constant for sake of this post) 250 to 1. And those odds don't change no matter how many you pick up. The odds do not drop no matter how many boxes you open each time you open it the odds are 250 to 1. So say you buy 250 boxes on the face of it you seem to have a sure shot at that top reward. Nope you could open all of 250 or even a billion and never get the top reward. It is not like a lottery with numbers where people can pick the numbers and given the huge number of players it can be a sure shot one of them will have the numbers as they are a finite set of number combinations. These lock boxes are an infinite set as they total number of lock boxs is not limeted in the game but each box is its own finite number set. This may not seem to make much sense but it does. The box odds are for each lockbox and not based on the total number of boxes you may have or are in the game. The odds are AGAINST you for EACH INDIVIDUAL box you open. Think of lockboxes as a Schrodinger Box you don't know what is in them unless you open the box and collapse the wave form.
  • Options
    So, does that mean I should show you to the airlock?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    So, does that mean I should show you to the airlock?

I'd like to show you something, but I doubt I can say what since I'm pretty sure the administrators would frown upon it.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Lolz fight fight!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Wo-hoo! That's considered a pickup line in some forum communities. (Not you, cidjack, you ninja poster..)
  • Options
    Wo-hoo! That's considered a pickup line in some forum communities.
    Don't flatter yourself.....
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Flatter myself? That you're picking up strange men in the STO forums? I wouldn't consider that flattery...
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Flatter myself? That you're picking up strange men in the STO forums? I wouldn't consider that flattery...

"Wo-Hoo!" Denotes flattery. Anyway, you're not my type. I don't chase after dingbats.
  • Options
    My wife is relieved. She'd hate to lose her favorite dingbat.
  • Options
    My wife is relieved.
    (assuming she's real) Sounds like the most understanding woman in the world to hook herself to a dingbat like yourself. My condolences to her. :(
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    fight fight fight!​​
  • Options
    Wow, I was really ready to let things go, even used a little self depreciating humor, but...

No, I am done, I'm going to follow the advice from Mark Twain:
    "Never argue witha fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."
    ... Or, George Carlin said it this way:
    "Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
    The Bible even says
    "Don't answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are." Pvbs 26:4
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter

I have won most of the other ships by opening boxes. Trust me, I didn't spend half as much as I am currently.

You could have bought keys and gotten it much much cheaper.

mrmoneybags.jpg

• Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    I always spend to get the ships I want and I don't care who knows it. That being said "YES" there does indeed feel like something is quite diffrent with the Carrier. I mean, I hear ya luck, luck, super luck and then some more luck. I have been buying and winning lockbox/lobi ships ever since the D'kora and some of them cost a fortune while others I suppose I got lucky on. If I have to judge past experience and compare them to the Vonph Carrier then I have to agree with the OP. I don't know how much rarer the ship is but one thing that is fact. It is rarer.
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    Excuse me, folks. I have a dozen of these signs to deliver. Who here can sign for them?

DontFeedtheTrolls5.jpg
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    You made this too much of a cash grab. You must have made it one in a million to get the vonph carrier. You could have made money with your ships and other things.

Gotta say, Perfect World, kinda shady, even for you.

LOL, funnies comment ever. Kinda shady, even for you. Dude if you don't know or even think you know but not quite a 100%. Then you need to pack ship and haul TRIBBLE. Cause your a minow in a pond full of pharana. Listen, for realz. I started working at a pawn shop at a early and can say without doubt I was trained by the sheng long of shady tactics. If there was a VS match between my Master and Cryptic in the mystic arts of shady, it would be something like Evil Ryu VS. Sheng Long. The match of the Century.

• Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    djxprime wrote: »
    Excuse me, folks. I have a dozen of these signs to deliver. Who here can sign for them?

DontFeedtheTrolls5.jpg

But if we don't feed them then they starve, and go on the endangered species list, and then we lose our friday night troll in a barrel shooting matches. We must feed the trolls for all the trolling hunters to keep the troll hunts going.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy can you please come ban this moron? He's damaging my mental calm.
    You know how people say if I don't like to play the gamble game, don't open the lockboxes? Here's a thought; don't like my thread, don't read or bump it with your moronic drivel.

Thank you for being a gullible tool and mindlessly dumping cash into this game so that people like me can continue to play for free. It's true heroes like you that make it possible for your more sensible fellow players to continue to enjoy the game for a reasonable price.

I salute you sir/madam. Now please get of the forum and go buy more keys! You'll get it eventually, just keep buying keys.. you got this!

Weren't you complaining about not getting what you wanted for your 300 keys?
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options

Weren't you complaining about not getting what you wanted for your 300 keys?

Yep!

He/She/It's just mad because I got what I paid for instead of flushing $300 down the toilet. :)
  • Options
    akhniharhonakhniharhon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I don't know what you're talking about, I got both in the first two boxes!
    Starfleet Dental
    Tribble Hater
    Hug a Dentist Today!
    geu7RxT.jpg
    BUG REPORT: Did not get two Vonph Dreadnoughts
  • Options
    I don't know what you're talking about, I got both in the first two boxes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP6v4T3VT7I
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    He/She/It's just mad because I got what I paid for instead of flushing $300 down the toilet. :)
    It? Are you saying that unfeeling machines post here? I'm sure you can relate, freeloader.

• Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    The problem is that some ppl still expect the chances for finding the grand prizes from lock boxes to be "reasonable". Even if they see numbers like 0.5% or whatever they cant judge what that means and still expect to win something by spending what they deem a lot of money on keys.

They want to have said ship and they like opening boxes and they feel good spending lots of money on the game they love playing. Nothing wrong with that. The anger then obviously comes from crypric targeting exactly that group and giving TRIBBLE such bad odds that the word reasonable money-to-ship ratio is nowhere to be found. Craptic is milking them and they realize that slowly one by one.

And we all know the world works differently but especially since this is a star trek game i just feel like ppl somehow combine these things and expect cryptic to act more fed like and go mad when they realize they are dealing with ferengi after all.

Also it doesnt matter whos fault it is. The old scheme cryptic had by getting all their income from just selling ships is coming to an end. At least thats my view on the last year when new ships became a thing every month or even more often. It points to having a lot less players opening and buying them.

I just hope that more ppl stop buying that TRIBBLE and make cryptic either change the way they conduct business or let this game slowly die .. I'm fine with both results tbh.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    The problem is that some ppl still expect the chances for finding the grand prizes from lock boxes to be "reasonable". Even if they see numbers like 0.5% or whatever they cant judge what that means and still expect to win something by spending what they deem a lot of money on keys.

They want to have said ship and they like opening boxes and they feel good spending lots of money on the game they love playing. Nothing wrong with that. The anger then obviously comes from crypric targeting exactly that group and giving TRIBBLE such bad odds that the word reasonable money-to-ship ratio is nowhere to be found. Craptic is milking them and they realize that slowly one by one.

And we all know the world works differently but especially since this is a star trek game i just feel like ppl somehow combine these things and expect cryptic to act more fed like and go mad when they realize they are dealing with ferengi after all.

Also it doesnt matter whos fault it is. The old scheme cryptic had by getting all their income from just selling ships is coming to an end. At least thats my view on the last year when new ships became a thing every month or even more often. It points to having a lot less players opening and buying them.

I just hope that more ppl stop buying that TRIBBLE and make cryptic either change the way they conduct business or let this game slowly die .. I'm fine with both results tbh.

I applaud you. Someone finally is making sense here and seeing it for what it is.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Wow this thread went downhill fast.

Name calling...how mature.

Trendy can you just lock this thread and throw it down a well before things get really out of hand?

Cheers.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    It? Are you saying that unfeeling machines post here? I'm sure you can relate, freeloader.

The machines aren't necessarily unfeeling. I was just attempting to be 'all inclusive' as that's the politically correct method these days. I simply didn't want to be insensitive to however you identify yourself.

You're welcome.

Now scamper off and buy more keys. Next one will be it.. I can just feel it!!
This discussion has been closed.