test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Sub-60 Promotion: Free T6 Pathfinder, plus really nice bonuses.

2»

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Okay, how exactly is it that someone else's fortune must count as your own loss?

Jealousy makes the forums go round. >:)
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    I am hoping, that one day, those of us who stick with the game, will get some kind of similar recognition.

Nonetheless: Very nice for those people who got this promotion.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • doylem33doylem33 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Ah envy one of the 7 deadly sins. He's getting something i'm not so i want it as well.

We do get things given to us in game. This weeks S.T TV XP bonus and ENT pack.

All the giveaways leading up to season 11.

Sure we have to play the game but we get dilithium/mark/r&d weekends. If you don't play you don't get those benefits.

Special events like the Summer event and Winter events which although reward playtime you do get a tier 6 ship which someone not playing will not.

So if Cryptic want to encourage players back, good for them, more players means a healthier game.

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    I'm sure there are some requirements in how former players and inactive players are selected. My friends didn't get one, and they are sub-60, one hasn't logged in for 1.5 years, the other has just once last summer cause I wanted to give her some Risa stuff.

It could be those with LTS, or those with at least 1 month gold membership, or even a single cash to zen purchase.

I'm also feeling bad for asking "have you received the awesome free ship?" "no. I guess the game hates me..." and logging in for them could cost them an awesome free ship.

Either way I'm happy for the giveaways, just hope they are consistent and actually reach the intended targets.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    I have one character at 60, with the rest finally at 58-59 thanks to Admiralty. I'd be happy if Cryptic just tossed me the Pathfinder's Admiralty card. ;)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    tempus64 wrote: »
    Last couple months or so I've got 3 free T5U ships, upgrade token, T1 ship, 4 outfits, inventory slots on all toons, ship slots, spec points, extra dil, extra XP etc etc etc. All for just logging in and doing what I normally do. Somehow a single T6 ship doesn't really compare in terms of the amount of free stuff I've got by comparison.

^
    What this guy said. (Although I was a day late on the giveaway week, and missed the inventory slots. /facepalm..... but that's still all my fault, not theirs.)
  • daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    "We appreciate you not playing the game, here's some free stuff".

So true ... what do the playing people get ? crashes and disconnects ? Tyvm cryptic
      HcmgIKI.png
    • jon1764jon1764 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
      damn, after taking a 4 month break I kinda wish I stayed that way for longer.
    • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
      If im not mistaken these promotions target lifetime subscribers. Either way it doesn't matter.
    • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
      This happens all the time if you play KDF. With many of these complainers saying "STFU." It's pretty funny, actually. Remember this next time someone says "Yeah, I can't claim the giveaway(s) on my character because it's not Fed."

Oh, the hypocrisy.
    • paterdavepaterdave Member Posts: 4 Arc User
      Well the thing I wonder about is did he really get it. I got the same email but when I tried to redeem it didn't work.
    • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      Well, on the bright side.. since Fallout 4 comes out Tuesday, I probably won't be playing much STO.

Maybe they'll send me a free ship to get me to come back.
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
      scarling wrote: »
      Why did I buy a pathfinder when I could have ignored the game and given one for free? I've never seen a game give away 30 dollar items to inactives. Not that I haven't seen games try to lure people back in, but to this degree.. never. Please don't tell me that I get event ships because i'm active. The total number of my alts using event ships equals zero. I buy ships because they are better... I think I need a bit more incentive to keep spending money.

I've never been given anything from games I've quit in the past except for some free game time...I've never been offered items.
      Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    • normaltypenormaltype Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      I got this email and used the code but never received my ship. WTF?
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
      Go to the C-Store you may get able to claim it in either the Ship Tab, unless they placed it in the Promotions Tab.
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • normaltypenormaltype Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      edited November 2015
      Thanks ltminns. Found it under promotions tab.