test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2016 Expansion - Gamma Quadrant Sector Map & Cardassian / Dominion Mini-Faction?

What would you like to see most in the yearly expansion, edition 2016? We had a Romulan faction, then Delta Rising ... and now, what's in the pipeline? Will the most logical thing happen, e. g. the Gamma Quadrant sector map and possibly a new playable mini-faction for Cardassians or / and Dominion and Gamma races, such as Karemma, Dosi, Wadi, Vorta, Jem'Hadar, Changelings (AlienGen), etc.? Or is there gunna be something completely new and unexpected? If yes, what could it possibly be?

Please post your ideas and share your thoughts here, purrhaps some of them might make it into the next expansion, who knows?

~ Eris The Hug Bunting ... Bug Hunting Vorta
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010

Comments

• Options
    jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    I'd like some kind of Exploration thing. Maybe, like, a block or cluster of unexplored systems where you are tasked to do a random assortment of missions? I dunno what that'd look like, though.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    I'd actually like to see the Gamma quadrant expansion delayed indefnetly, untill they've found a way to add to all the existing zones they've created:

Romulus, Defera, Nukara, Dysons Spheres, Delta Quadrant.

They were all so promising, yet abandoned the second they released it... An expansion that focuses on putting new life into those zones would be awesome IMO.

That would also give them time to make a true long-term gamma quadrant.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    dcboy57dcboy57 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Dominion, woo hoo
  • Options
    khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Anything that involves bringing in Avery Brooks, Colm Meaney, Alexander Siddig, and Rene Aberjonois for some voice work would be more than enough for me.
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    TBH they really should just open up more species in the cstore to be purchased and played as for either faction, were all at peace now or something..

Vorta, Jem'Hadar, Cardassians, have honestly been missing from the species select for quite some time, I alien gen a vorta but its not the same..of course im a bit tired of making new characters to daily click as well.

So we need species respec tokens as well, like other mmos offer.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Cool to spitball ideas and all, but as far as getting ideas in for the next expansion goes, in his last interview on P1 podcast, Geko said he's basically got the roadmap for such things set up going 2, maybe 3 years of... So if it isn't already on his radar, it'll be a long wait.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    I purrsonally would love to see Vorta of course, butt revamping old stuff or even bringing back the older fleet actions in a new light would be awesum (SB24 ground, DS9 space and ground, KSF ground bit etc). Also I'd like to see a revamped "State of Q" episode, especially because the current (even though remastered) Borg episode arc is very small with no featured episodes even.

Additionally, iconic bridge and corridor and room sets (whole ship interiors infact) would be nice to add to the existing ones. TNG (Enterprise-D, Enterprise-E), butt also the Enterprise-NX would be epic to have as a whole set. The TOS and VOY set are so great, so is the Defiant one. We need more of those! :)
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Things I would like to see
    1) More Red Alerts...there's more than the Borg and Tholians that would attack...add some Mirror, Tal Shiar...add some variety
    2) Add rare monsters to the game...on of the things I really liked about City of Heroes is that there were several end game monsters that would randomly appear and if you took them down you'd get special stuff...we could do that with V'ger, or the Whale Probe...make it so that they drop some super rare thingamabob that you can use to craft some super uber thingie.
    3) Give us a reason to go to the main planets...Vulcan and Andoria are criminally underused.
    4) Playable space stations. I can see this one being a bit of a issue with players. Imagine a play style built around Sisko....who while still being a star base commander still got to go out an fly around in his ship.
    5) PVP maps....base them on the sphere maps....like the Voth ground map. Two sides try to take control and whomever does gets to fight the big baddie at the end while the opposing forces get blamed out.
    6) More factions...and not just based on alien races...the Marquis can be a faction of all three (Feds, Roms and KDF) but work to oppose the Federation/Alliance.
    7) Archnemesis...Kirk had Khan, Picard had Q...give us the ability to create an arch nemesis who pops up randomly in missions and makes them that much harder.
    8) More missions onboard our ships...this would probably involve a revamp of interiors but it would be cool if we had to repel boarders on our ship or take back our ship from someone else.
    9) Random missions...Imagine if you are flying to DS9 to start the new FE and all of a sudden you get a hail from Risa that needs your help...
    10) Draw some inspiration on missions from TOS movies....there's a lot from the series but not enough from the movies.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    5 years worth of PvP improvements with the revamp that was promised a while ago along with some much needed balance!
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Venture into the Gamma would be nice for next big story arcs.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    anazonda wrote: »
    I'd actually like to see the Gamma quadrant expansion delayed indefnetly, untill they've found a way to add to all the existing zones they've created:

Romulus, Defera, Nukara, Dysons Spheres, Delta Quadrant.

They were all so promising, yet abandoned the second they released it... An expansion that focuses on putting new life into those zones would be awesome IMO.

That would also give them time to make a true long-term gamma quadrant.

I have to agree here, I still think there is alot of potential in our own "backyard". There are still so many worlds that could be enhanced and even created that were that are in the existing three quadrants. I think though eventually that may happen and although I would like to see this happen before doing a Gamma quadrant expansion odds are it will happen only after.

"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    Ya...we could go explore the gamma quadrant...or just re explore what we have...I choose gamma quadrant...the lesson ive learned over the years is nothing will ever be finished, so why bother, lets just keep going.

• Options
    Random "missions in-between a mission" is a nice idea I read above, good thinking! Also, those ship interior missions (aboard your own ship) are a good idea, and it would be awesome to choose a standard uniform for all the NPC characters on your ship, e. g. the TNG TV show uniform aboard a Galaxy-class ship etc. :)
  • Options
    korithian1korithian1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I'd love to know if they are going to add Cardassians as a playable species, faction, mini-faction, Cstore purchase for existing faction it doesn't matter.

With the Cardassian revamp it seems like this would be the time though sadly nothing from the devs. If its never going to happen then OK i'll go back to my alien who thinks his a cardassian. But as I see the reworked cardassians I can't help think I might be redoing all of this again if they bring cardassians in. Which kills a desire to play it through on a wannabe.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    We need more lockboxes.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Most of the Dominion fleet is already playable via Lockbox, so... we're not getting a Dominion faction. I remember one thing that was said by Cryptic about not making a faction if they put a ship into a lockbox. That's why they shot themselves in the foot when the first lockbox had the Galor, the iconic Cardassian ship. They even admitted that they shot themselves in the foot on that one.

And it was already established in the In Game Lore via ship box description that these Galor class ships were given to the Federation and KDF because of an agreement with Damar after the Dominion War. You can't just say "Well just rename them to be True Way Galors and problem solved, now give us our Cardassian Faction". So... sorry, but no Dominion faction is coming. They already gave away most of the fleet via Lockbox.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I'm personally disappointed at how tiny the Delta Quadrant is. You have the Kazon mucking-around with the Talaxian colony? Blah.
  • Options
    About the Cardassian revamp ... I loved the female additions to the Cardassian NPC troops (enemy mobs) and those lovely meowstash and goatee additions for the male ones (some of them). :)
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    I'd like to see the gamma quadrant opened up, requiring players to use the wormhole at DS9, no traveling to the edge of sector block, no Mike Tyson spheres.

`Course, Cryptic would probably put a toll booth in front of the wormhole :(
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    Well tbh, just because a ship is in a lockbox doesn't mean we cant get a faction from it still,

Being as we have seen so very few cardassian and dominion vessels, this would allow Cryptic full free reign to come up with some impressive designs that may have come in the last 30 some odd years since the series timeline and our current timeline (which I would assume we are pushing 2411 soon, unless the iconian war and everything in the delta quadrant happened in the span of a month)

What are the Vorta doing now that the war is over and I am mostly certain that most don't believe in the founders being gods anymore type of thing..maybe even feeling a bit betrayed and looking for refuge as well?

How bout Cardassia? what they been up to during the last decade? I mean sure ill fetch that bottle of kanar for that mission, but that's about it?

tons of questions could be asked here about a few species that played a huge role in trek, or we can satisfy ourselves with neelix some more....

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Yearly expansion? We didn't get one for 2015. Delta Rising came in October 2014 and was the last expansion we got. This year we had season 10 and 11 with the mid-season x.5 updates. :frowning: But we did get a lot of cool updates, events, and bug fixes this year. :)

I'd like a T6 connie in 2016. (I keep hearing about next year being the 50th anniversary of Star Trek) :hushed:

But I'd settle for an expansion into the Gamma Quadrant, a T6 Nova, a T6 Typhoon, and uh.....voiceover from the next generation cast members.

Oh and, it would be nice if they could finish the revamp of Klingon appearances. They said something about that Klingon dagger (D'ktang or something) as a hip attachment as well as new hairstyles, and more updates to outfit pieces. So far they updated the Klingon 01-04 boots and Bortasqu' boots for both genders and that's pretty much it so far (aside from making other outfit pieces available to them).
  • Options
    tigeraries2tigeraries2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Most of the Dominion fleet is already playable via Lockbox, so... we're not getting a Dominion faction. I remember one thing that was said by Cryptic about not making a faction if they put a ship into a lockbox. That's why they shot themselves in the foot when the first lockbox had the Galor, the iconic Cardassian ship. They even admitted that they shot themselves in the foot on that one.

And it was already established in the In Game Lore via ship box description that these Galor class ships were given to the Federation and KDF because of an agreement with Damar after the Dominion War. You can't just say "Well just rename them to be True Way Galors and problem solved, now give us our Cardassian Faction". So... sorry, but no Dominion faction is coming. They already gave away most of the fleet via Lockbox.

Easy fix... Cards can only start at L60. So only have T6 ships on up. They can use their faction's T1 to T5 ships... yes T5.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    Overdue for the Borg Faction, imo.

I'd like to see the Roms become their own full faction...even if it means destroying the cross-faction console thing that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

The Cardashians can take a long walk out an airlock.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    rezking wrote: »

I'd like to see the Roms become their own full faction...even if it means destroying the cross-faction console thing that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Actually I have a feeling that putting a borg faction into the game would drive more people away then any other faction idea.

I would be first out of the airlock, would rather go back to the swg emu then sit in star trek with borg cubes floating everywhere for the sake of some....

• Options
    sevexparsevexpar Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Here's how you do the Gamma quadrant:
    1: License the procedural engine from Hello Games (No Man's Sky)*
    2: Have access to the (practically infinite) Gamma Quadrant be gated with a subscription (to help pay for the license -- nothing's free)
    3: Work with the engine's developers to place encounterable civilizations and native races of wildly varying tech levels into the Quadrant for us to discover (FINALLY! Some First Contacts!!!)
    4: Allow R&D material and dilithium mining both as playable mini-games and DOFF missions.
    5: Indeed use the wormhole for access.
    6: Have a self-sustaining game that can support itself for decades.

Disclaimer: I am not a subscriber or lifetime member now. I would either subscribe or buy a lifetime membership in a SECOND if this happened. A chance to REALLY go where no man has gone before.

*If you are not familiar with this company or product, you should be. Seriously. Look into it.

Let the flames begin! B)
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    bunansa wrote: »
    Ya...we could go explore the gamma quadrant...or just re explore what we have...I choose gamma quadrant...the lesson ive learned over the years is nothing will ever be finished, so why bother, lets just keep going.

I agree with this 100% ^^^
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    sevexpar wrote: »
    Here's how you do the Gamma quadrant:
    1: License the procedural engine from Hello Games (No Man's Sky)*
    Huh?
    2: Have access to the (practically infinite) Gamma Quadrant be gated with a subscription (to help pay for the license -- nothing's free)
    Makes no sense as everything else in STO short of Vet Perks is accessable for free.
    3: Work with the engine's developers to place encounterable civilizations and native races of wildly varying tech levels into the Quadrant for us to discover (FINALLY! Some First Contacts!!!)
    Still confuzzled
    4: Allow R&D material and dilithium mining both as playable mini-games and DOFF missions.
    You mean like they already are now? Never been to either the public mine or Fleet mine in the Alpha Quadrant? And you do know about the scan nodes that spawn in missions right?
    5: Indeed use the wormhole for access.
    They'd probably do something similar to how they set up access to the Delta Quadrant by setting up a "Gateway" in sector space to cut down on the number of load screens.
    6: Have a self-sustaining game that can support itself for decades.
    Curious as to how that would be accomplished.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    The admiralty system allows us to get a LOT of R+D materials already, I think the duff system doesn't need even more of that, otherwise it becomes totally devaluated ... I mean ... look at the prices in the exchange for very rare materials ... 'nuff said. :)
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I don't see there ever being a Dominion faction...much less teamed up with the Cardassians.

It has been said in the past that they regret releasing the Galor in a lock box...because of the possibility of a faction one day...they obviously don't have the same remorse with the Dominion and released almost every Dominion ship in the game.

Cardassian faction on the other hand, is possible and I hope it happens!
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    rezking wrote: »

Not the Borg, but the Co-Operative...and either have them nerfed or the real Borg made more powerful.

Or, a playable Changeling...either ones of Lars', joining the Bajoran Militia or actually coming from Odo's run Dominion.