test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gorn females and Ships

khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
since the Gorn mostly likely females lets add them. and the Gorn have the most advanced tech in the KDF lets add a T6 Gorn balaur science dreadnought. and Gornar were gorn jokes are banned.
giphy.gif
Fear the Dominion

Comments

• Options
    Oh and Gornar a place we're Gorn can get away racism in the form of Gorn jokes.
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Why would you Gorn and ban the most fun that zone chat has ever seen? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    Gorn females are not your everyday female from what I understood. They act more Bee queen like in the sence they lay the eggs, and that there are not a lot of them around. Hence why we only get playable male Gorn.

Gornar as a social zone? It'd end up dead in no time. Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for more areas to explore, but lets get some facts straight. Andoria and Vulcan are only visited on occasion by the random wanderer, they are not active social zones. Same goes to Defera and Bajor: Hathon. Ganalda, Flotilla, K7 and 39-Sierra are not exactly places of booming visitors as well. Hence the question: would Gornar really stand on its own after the week everybody first went to see it?

A T6 Gorn Science Vessel is at this point becoming more and more of a musthave, with Admirality launched as well. However, Cryptic is hardly making it a secret that Tier 6 Science Vessels are not exactly being prioritized.

And Gorn jokes? Yeah, good luck getting rid of those. You gonna (I had to restrain myself there) have a hard time with that one.
  • Options
    autumnwind34autumnwind34 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Gornar as a social zone could work, but they would have to give us a reason to go there. It would have to be similar to Kobali Prime or new romulas with a ground battlezone and replayable missions
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I believe I heard a Dev say something along the lines of the only reason the Gorn are male is the game engine requires a gender tag, but Gorn are actually androgynous in appearance, so just use your imagination.

You won't get any argument from me against a KDF Sci ship. I likely wouldn't buy it, but I can't argue the game isn't lacking them.

But a Zone without Gorn jokes? You gorna (I didn't restrain myself there) have a hard time with that one.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I agree that alot of these home-world are kinda dead mostly though it is that there is so little there to do or get on them. I would love to see a revamp of the home-worlds of founder races or story-arc races. Like alot of race-specific gear, ship textures or interiors, and unique looks for those using that race to be applied in the tailor. Add some pets both combat an non combat ones that you can buy or gain on these worlds would be nice. Can't remember if these world have exchanges, and the like on them, but if not than adding that would be nice as you could go to these worlds over warping to the main hub worlds.

It would also just be nice to have more ships from the other races in the factions, with some factions like the romulans getting new races in their factions that might have wanted to join forces out of a feeling of commonality.

Where female Gorns are concerned though i think as said there is a lore reason why they are not seen, but also to keep in mind that there are most likely other reptilian races that could be used to give the players that want a female Gorn a worthwhile alternative. I would not mind that having a reptilian race that either has both male an female, or even just a mirror version of the Gorn in which males are finite on their world/universe an females are much more common, Though what about just more variety in races we can use in game outside of the many humanoid races, as i would not mind some insectoid races an even more so a race of mechanical an logical sentient robots left over from a long forgotten race.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Andorian ale on Andor!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    We're butthurt by jokes about a fictional race? How about klingons wearing lobsters on their heads? /VoltaireIsAwesome.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    We're butthurt by jokes about a fictional race? How about klingons wearing lobsters on their heads? /VoltaireIsAwesome.

Gorn jokes are racist to Gorn.
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Gorn females are just male gorn with bigger head spikes and larger frames
  • Options
    jade1280 wrote: »

And TRIBBLE
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    khan1000 wrote: »

And TRIBBLE

Lizard mammeries (boobies) are not to prominant in most of their species if not all.

Blame biology and therefor all of science
  • Options
    farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    No Gorn females.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

And TRIBBLE

You don't know a lot about reptiles do you?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User

And TRIBBLE

Lizard mammeries (boobies) are not to prominant in most of their species if not all.

Blame biology and therefor all of science

Mammaries aren't just "not prominent"...they don't exist in lizards, reptiles, or birds, at all. They don't nurse their young at all; therefore there is no reason for them to have evolved mammaries. Marsupials and monotremes nurse their young in a different manner, but do not have the same sort of mammary glands. In fact, the very name "mammal" itself entails a common method of nursing young seen in all species in that group, and that outside of that group, does not happen.

(And before anyone uses Cardassians to try to disprove that, I think there's very compelling reason to regard Cardassians as therapsids very similar to mammals, rather than lizards or reptiles.)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The Balnaur is a big ship, which I do not like. I would like to see more T6 versions of the KDF species ships. KDF is not played by much, which makes it unlikely this kind of content is added to the game.

A shame really. I would love to see a Gorn and Orion homeworlds, female Gorns etc. So we can play Gorntrek, to gornly gorn where no gorn has ever gorn before.

Thinking about it. Let's say female gorns are just smaller versions of the male ones, the only thing that has to be added are some more options in the tailor.

That is what I would like to see for all species. Get rid of the specific gender models, but let us use the tailor options to make a character as we want and just label it as we want.
  • Options
    fovrel wrote: »
    Thinking about it. Let's say female gorns are just smaller versions of the male ones, the only thing that has to be added are some more options in the tailor.

Larger.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Yes for females, yes for ships and yes for gornar social zone!

(Also, yes for mandatory basic biology classes)​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    What about Nausicaan and Lethean women? Where are these beauties hiding? Ooo-La-La!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options

#TASforSTO

• Options
    aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    I am all for adding Gornar, as well as female Gorn...although they should pretty much look like larger, more imposing males.

Also, one should be cautious when visiting Gornar, if they are not Gorn themselves; after all, that is where Gornarrhea comes from.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    artan42 wrote: »
    fovrel wrote: »

Larger.​​

Agreed. Generally reptilian females are LARGER than the males as they typically defend the nest from predators.
    gulberat wrote: »
    Mammaries aren't just "not prominent"...they don't exist in lizards, reptiles, or birds, at all. They don't nurse their young at all; therefore there is no reason for them to have evolved mammaries. Marsupials and monotremes nurse their young in a different manner, but do not have the same sort of mammary glands. In fact, the very name "mammal" itself entails a common method of nursing young seen in all species in that group, and that outside of that group, does not happen.

(And before anyone uses Cardassians to try to disprove that, I think there's very compelling reason to regard Cardassians as therapsids very similar to mammals, rather than lizards or reptiles.)

The Saurians are a pretty big anomaly in that. Why do their females have TRIBBLE when they're not mammals? :o
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    apparently saurians are therapsids as well...it's the only non-1st grade biology-violating possibility out there​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    zisko#6191 zisko Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Yes for the ship, the Klingons could use the extra science ship. the rest ask the thinking man, when he comes up with the answer then cryptic well do it.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    apparently saurians are therapsids as well...it's the only non-1st grade biology-violating possibility out there​​

Pretty much. Had I been the designer I wouldn't have done that. At least with the Cardassians, the hair-scales combo is pretty blatant in telling you not to expect conformity with reptilians (and while breeding with Bajorans without medical help is REALLY pushing it, that also IMO makes it very apparent Cardassians *cannot* be reptiles).

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User

And TRIBBLE

You wished...Reptiles do not carry any.

Better to cross a Voth and Gorn....you get a Vincent Voth Gorhdino3-5.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Where no man have really gorn before?

KirkAndLadyGorn.jpg​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Noone knows how a female gorn looks like. Or even there's a female gender. Voth have females. In STO saurians have females.

So it's up to Cryptic what they think about gorns.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The Saurians are a pretty big anomaly in that. Why do their females have TRIBBLE when they're not mammals? :o

Because they were in the game from launch before anybody pointed out to Cryptic (?) how stupid it is.​​

#TASforSTO