test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "Nice to Have" Thread

Comments

• Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Another minor thing: have th info of a player display the actual ship, not the shuttle (unless he/she is in that shuttle). Sometimes I see ships I don't know and wonder what they are.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    1) Cardassians

2) Cardassians

3) Andrew Robinson (as Garak)

4) Cardassians

5) A Son'a Lock Box

6) Cardassians

7) The Jem Hadar Battleship

8) Day/Night cycles on Earth, Qo'nos, and Mol'rhian

9) Cardassians

10) Better (and fewer) queues; I would rather have a fewer number of more detailed and better-thought out PvE queues, than a lot of warp-in, 'pew-pew', warp-out ones

11) A new Klingon Hairdresser

12) Cardassians

13) The Jem Hadar Battleship

14) A Son'a Lock Box

15) Andrew Robinson (as Garak)

16) Jeffery Combs (as a time traveling Andorian, or a Weyoun clone that was hidden away during the war)

17) Cardassians

18) Spoonheads

19) Fewer, more defined ship choices (in my opinion, there's too many variations flying around right now)

20) A long-term pause on rep gear.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    PvP doesn't have to be cutthroat. You could have territory/sector control, starbase attack/defence, Klingon players could actually be allowed to be Klingon players instead of being forced to be a less popular version of Feds (that's where the story seems to be going with Klingons, it's certainly how it's treating them). What makes it cutthroat is the serious lack of balance which promotes and encourages the type of player that wants to faceroll and gank people at spawn points.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    PvP doesn't have to be cutthroat. You could have territory/sector control, starbase attack/defence, Klingon players could actually be allowed to be Klingon players instead of being forced to be a less popular version of Feds (that's where the story seems to be going with Klingons, it's certainly how it's treating them). What makes it cutthroat is the serious lack of balance which promotes and encourages the type of player that wants to faceroll and gank people at spawn points.

If Kinks are to be Kinks, why do Kink players keep asking for Fed stuff?
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    flash525 wrote: »
    1) Cardassians

2) Cardassians

4) Cardassians

5) A Son'a Lock Box

6) Cardassians

9) Cardassians

10) Better (and fewer) queues; I would rather have a fewer number of more detailed and better-thought out PvE queues, than a lot of warp-in, 'pew-pew', warp-out ones

12) Cardassians

14) A Son'a Lock Box

16) Jeffery Combs (as a time traveling Andorian, or a Weyoun clone that was hidden away during the war)

17) Cardassians

18) Spoonheads

19) Fewer, more defined ship choices (in my opinion, there's too many variations flying around right now)

Would you support the inclusion of a Cardassian faction? I am not entirely clear on that point.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Promote my Boffs to Captain. And let them command ships in my dock.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Nice things for all of the factions, when nice things are offered to any of the factions. Not necessarily the same things, but equivalent to each other.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    1) Cardassians

2) Cardassians

4) Cardassians

5) A Son'a Lock Box

6) Cardassians

9) Cardassians

12) Cardassians

14) A Son'a Lock Box

17) Cardassians

18) Spoonheads

Would you support the inclusion of a Cardassian faction? I am not entirely clear on that point.
    The Founders are wise in all things and will gladly accept Cardassians as members of the Dominion.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    They don't ask for fed stuff they ask for more stuff because they don't have as much as the Feds.
  • Options
    :D Actually, no. I don't like the way the Republic was handled, and I don't like how they've been left. I wouldn't wish that treatment on the Cardassians too. I would however like to play as one, so what I'd like to see is a playable character option, maybe with a few other Cardassian goodies (Keldon, Hideki, Costumes) in the C-Store.
    The Founders are wise in all things and will gladly accept Cardassians as members of the Dominion.
    I don't see us ever having a Dominion Faction, and if by some miracle we did, there's a lesser chance still that they'd include any Cardassians.
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    I would love a phone app where I could send my doffs when the missions are done and I am still at work
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    To have PVP fleet wars and territory disputes that rewards the victors, would give more meaning to being in a fleet than to just get stuff and socialize.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    :D Actually, no. I don't like the way the Republic was handled, and I don't like how they've been left. I wouldn't wish that treatment on the Cardassians too. I would however like to play as one, so what I'd like to see is a playable character option, maybe with a few other Cardassian goodies (Keldon, Hideki, Costumes) in the C-Store.

I would love a playable Cardassian for the Federation. Don't see the Cardassians allying with the Klingons after the 2372 war and its drastic consequences...maybe give the KDF playable Jem'Hadar as compensation.

I would also want a re-species token to convert my alien-Cardassian main to a true Cardassian.

At the least, though, I would want a Cardassian uniform...not the ostentatious and vision-blocking True Way version, but one close to canon.
    I don't see us ever having a Dominion Faction, and if by some miracle we did, there's a lesser chance still that they'd include any Cardassians.

Unless they are True Way extremist crazies, I think most Cardassians would rather die than go back under the Dominion's boot anyway. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    One large phone with extra phones, cell phones. No no no no no. Rotary phones and a payphone on half, and a couple of idiots running from a portal, who ran out of quantum energy, thus walking out the door, instead of through another portal :D
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    scarling wrote: »
    To have PVP fleet wars and territory disputes that rewards the victors, would give more meaning to being in a fleet than to just get stuff and socialize.
    A system like this would be interesting for sure, but shouldn't happen until Cryptic better balance factions. That is unless they implement a territory system that can be internal (Feds vs Feds) otherwise KDF and Republic players will always be on the losing front.
    gulberat wrote: »
    I would love a playable Cardassian for the Federation. Don't see the Cardassians allying with the Klingons after the 2372 war and its drastic consequences...maybe give the KDF playable Jem'Hadar as compensation.
    I'd be content with KDF Jem Hadar, might even boost the KDF playerbase. Who would the Republic get though, Vorta?

With regard to the Cardassians not aligning with the Klingons though, I'm not too sure. They have history, sure, but what species don't? Bajorans have worked with Cardassians, Cardassians have worked with Starfleet and Romulans. The problem with the Federation, is that they'd more than likely impose too many restrictions on a Cardassian Military whereas the Klingons (I'd think) would be more... open; they'd be more likely to give the Cardassians military support.
    I would also want a re-species token to convert my alien-Cardassian main to a true Cardassian.
    If we ever get Cardassians, a (re)species token would be needed, yes. It wouldn't be fair for Cryptic to ask players to level up an entirely new character and then (in some cases) try their luck at a second Galor, but then people playing as Romulan or Reman Aliens before the Republic didn't get that option, and Cryptic being Cryptic, it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if they forced people to start over.

I suppose that wouldn't be so bad if [said] Cardassian players got a huge level and rep boost to compensate, but the status of the Galor is still in discussion; alternatively, they (Cryptic) can release a one-time token that allows for the transfer of one lobi/lock box ship (and all equipment) across to a different/new character.
    At the least, though, I would want a Cardassian uniform...not the ostentatious and vision-blocking True Way version, but one close to canon.
    Agreed.

• Options
    Unless they are True Way extremist crazies, I think most Cardassians would rather die than go back under the Dominion's boot anyway. ;)
    Unless the Founders clone them. then they will show the proper respect. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    Faction-Specific TOS replacements for Romulan and KDF. Though Romulans start out in a TOS BoP perhaps a D7 for Klingons. Also, some sort of starship upgrade projects that could create T-Up tokens for lower tier ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I can think of several things:
    • Lighter tailor restrictions on just about everything.
    • A "tribble habitat."
    • All tribbles able to provide the out-of-combat heal instead of just the white quality ones. This is in addition to their other effects, of course.
    • A collection system for pets. It would make me actually interested in acquiring them, because right now, I can't spare the bank space. Besides, it opens up incentive for people to collect them, like accolades, or even associated bonus (cosmetic) rwards.
    • Tray settings retained for ships in dry dock
    • Tray settings retained across ships for powers not related to bridge officers. Seriously, I'm going to put evasive maneuvers, brace for impact, sensor scan, etc in the exact same place every time.
    • Ground autofire redesigned to work like space autofire, in that pressing the key selects a nearby target just like it does in space, or when ground autofire is disabled completely. Right now, leaving autofire on in ground missions means I can sit afk and my character will shoot back at anything that shoots at her. That's stupid and sometimes, people abuse it.
    • A buff to proton weapons, allowing them to scale their damage from any tac console.
    • In line with the above, change the dyson rep tac consoles to have bonuses equal to standard tac consoles, remove the proton damage bonuses since they're no longer needed. This would make them slightly superior to basic tac consoles, but still keep fleet consoles on top.
    • A slight revamp of Qo'nos, shifting focus from First City as the functional hub for everything (the layout of which sucks) to an updated shipyard. This shipyard should include everything it has now in addition to a bank, tailor, mailbox, exchange, officer trainers, and security officer. First City itself should still have some relevance (promotions, quest/story content, etc) but as a hub, it's pretty terrible.
    • A security officer at New Romulus Command.
    • New-account players should not be able to bypass whisper restrictions by sending friend requests unless the recipient of the friend request actually accepts it. Right now, the social aspect of the game is being hurt, because the only way to dodge EC-seller spam is to go anonymous. This should be a top priority.
    • Lobi store space/ground weapons should be bind-to-account items, and they should be able to scale with user level even after being upgraded to Mk XII, XIII, or XIV and beyond.
    • Unique bridge officer weapons from boffs like Nelen Exil, Leeta, Jem'Hadar, Breen, etc should be upgradeable. I realize there's little reason to do so, but the option would still be nice.
    • Normal-difficulty queued content needs better incentives. If a player can get better rewards by spending a few minutes in the [battlezone of the moment] than from a normal queue, why would anyone do a normal queue at all? Perhaps a periodic event, like the mirror invasion only based on some of the other queues would stir people into action?
    • Speaking of mirror invasion, it needs an overhaul. It's either all cleaned out several minutes before the pulse goes off, or a mad scramble to deal with hundreds of ships because 3 guys are afking. To prevent weaker teams from getting swamped, cap the number of portals that can be open at a given time, and don't allow any new portals to open until 1 or more existing portals has been closed and all ships spawned by that portal have been eliminated. Allow portals to spawn all the way until the pulse so that stronger teams can keep busy and earn higher rewards.
    • For crafting, allow players to, as an option, choose which mods are added to what they make. Each mod should come with an increased material cost, with stacking the same mod repeatedly being the most expensive of all.
    • Change the rep items to crafting unlocks. For example, reaching a certain rank with Iconian Resistance allows for the creation of radiant anti-proton weaponry.
    • In line with the above, greatly reduce the time needed to create finished items or people would rage at the previous suggestion.
    • The reputation system needs "one click" options for projects. If a player has all the materials needed for a project, there should be a button right beside the one that opens the details to automatically apply all the required materials and start the project immediately. Anyone with an alt raising all the reps at the same time knows exactly how cumbersome it is to click down the list, dragging all the sliders to the right for every single rep along the way.
    • Condense the consumables. We don't need 3 different sizes of hypo, shield charges, etc.
    • Remove white-quality gear drops, consumables, and food from mob drops and replace them with an appropriate amount of auto-gained EC, like how kills in champions online automatically gives you resources. Consumables can be bought or crafted if needed/wanted. Same with food.
    • Food should be consumable only by the player (not bridge officers) directly from the inventory, without needing to be equipped.
    • Allow basic white-quality pistols (of faction-appropriate type) and shields to be purchased directly from the replicator. The "standard issue" stuff is useless beyond level 10, and arguably, even before then.

Whew! Did I miss anything?

Edit: Yes I did!
    • Better/more costume options for KDF and romulans of either side.
    • Updated "classic" warp core breaches.
    • Allow kit modules to be equipped on bridge officers. The revamped system is great for space, but ground is still tacky when you can equip 3 medical tricorders on the same officer. (This one will probably be met with some hate, but I still think it's how it should've been done all along.)
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    Make party amplifiers and gumdrop rifles work everywhere, including combat.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Forum ignore button for all KDF players.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    - Tier 6 Recluse with the starship trait Attack Pattern BETA Prime
    - Gwen Stefani voice over form my Bajoran fem toon.

Edit: Other than that I’m fine.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    Was just thinking as I dry docked ships that I won't use for some time (T6s I haven't gotten to try out, etc) It would be nice if new ships didn't come with items built in because I delete it and it provides no EC anyway. Instead of they MUST have basic free and non-upgrade-able items available then add them into one of the requisition officer stores for 0 cost if you own that ship. Or at least allow lockbox ships to provide EC when Items are discarded since it's not like we can discard and re-acquire them or make them upgrade-able.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Forum ignore button for all KDF players.

That is an excellent idea! :D There are more than a few Fed-trolls I'd like to ignore.
  • Options
    Well I'd use it to ignore KDF players. But to each their own.
  • Options
    I'm not sure any KDF players would use it to ignore feds since they wouldn't have any people left to whine in front of.
  • Options
    samt1996 wrote: »
    I'm not sure any KDF players would use it to ignore feds since they wouldn't have any people left to whine in front of.
    I am Sam. Sam I am.

Do you like green eggs and ham?

No I do not like Green eggs and ham. I have been known to eat talking cats though. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    nhl303nhl303 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I'd like to have more dynamic environments. A space battle in a singularities accretion disk, or a battle in the clouds of a gas giant where if you go too deep you take damage from the pressure. The old Klingon Academy game had stuff like this. It was great.
  • Options
    nhl303 wrote: »
    I'd like to have more dynamic environments. A space battle in a singularities accretion disk, or a battle in the clouds of a gas giant where if you go too deep you take damage from the pressure. The old Klingon Academy game had stuff like this. It was great.

Good suggestion, I know there's the environmental hazards or the Briar Patch but they aren't anything you see much of and even they were dulled down quite a bit. I remember after launch clearing the briar patch mission space portion just by blowing them up with gas detonations.

Sorry I haven't been updating the OP with these ideas. Need to get free time to get that done, hopefully today during a work break.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Someone mentioned upgrading Boff unique items, I was thinking maybe a named BOFF set that is unlocked by episode replay, perhaps even unlocked through Accolades and bought for Dil in the Dil store or something. Get the Breen kill accolade finished and the breen weapon damage and all the accolades for their story arc and you unlock the Armor and personal shield to go with weapon and it just works on that boff but offers nice benefits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]