Install Arc
Options

Someone mind explaining this to me?

I'm about to be super pissed...

BpaFUA4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Isn't there a project to unlock it? Since it's not under the 'Unlocks' header, I think you need to run a special upgrade project for it.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    One bit says it unlocks from T3 Research, the other says Development. Obviously one of them is wrong.
  • Options
    everquest2#3486 everquest2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    just another bug in bug trek online
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Were you aboard the station as it upgraded? If so, you may have to leave, and re-enter.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    id0liciousid0licious Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    We already ran the final project to unlock the t3 development stuff, and I was offline when it finished upgrading. I'm pretty pissed off about the mislabeling of this, considering the time and materials it took to get development up to t3 for the krenim boffs...i mean, seriously?!
  • Options
    nixboox wrote: »
    Your Research isn't Tier III. When your Research is Tier III you'll unlock the Bridge Officer Vendor who will then be able to sell you the officers you've unlocked. Why was that confusing?

Is this a real question? Lol. Look at the screenshot again.
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    When I look at the screenshot it say it wants research T3 not development T3 so just lvl the right one...

I know ot says its development on the oberview but that seems to be just a display thing / mislabel. Nothing new in this game..
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    so just lvl the right one...

Oh yeah, sure, no problem!

It'll only take at least another month and hundreds of thousands of dilithium, not to mention all of the other mats, for our small fleet to level up the "appropriate" sub-section of the Lab.

I'm sure everyone in my small fleet will love spending all that extra time, grind, and materials re-doing all this TRIBBLE because of Cryptic's blunder.

This glaring issue should have been fixed immediately when it was first discovered -this is not just a minor niggle.

Apparently however, after doing some research (haha), this "bug" has remained in the game for several months.

I can't even believe it. This isn't some small UI bug or a glitched mechanic nobody cares about. This issue is misleading our fleet (and I imagine hundreds of other fleets) into contributing countless materials and man-hours into the WRONG PROJECT ENTIRELY.

This is a big deal.
    Post edited by id0licious on
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Bug, and should be getting looked into. Hold on to your horses.
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    edited November 2015
    id0licious wrote: »

Is this a real question? Lol. Look at the screenshot again.

Yes. You have to complete Research Tier III to unlock the Bridge Officer Vendor.

Why is this confusing?

OK, let me try to make this is clear as I can for you...although I'm not sure why you are having trouble understanding what the issue is, as I've made it pretty obvious.

In the screenshot, I have clearly drawn a big red circle around the Development sub-holding description that reads:

New Provisioned Requisitions: Equipment: [Very-Rare] Krenim Bridge Officer Requisitions

...meanwhile, the BOFF vendor remains locked and comes back with the message (also highlighted in the screenshot with a big red circle) that the Research sub-holding is required to be T3 before he will unlock.

Development =/= Research.

Capiche?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    You have to get your Research to Tier III to unlock the BOff vendor. Once you do that, the BOff vendor can sell you the Krenim BOff you've just unlocked from your Development tier.

That is NOT how it supposed to work. That is the entire issue. Getting Development to T3 is supposed to unlock Krenim BOFFs for purchase. They have absolutely nothing to do with the Research sub-holding, and yet the game is requiring a T3 Research sub-holding because "reasons."

Anyways, I can't make it any more cut-and-dry for you. Maybe reading my reddit thread about it and the responses therein can get that old light bulb working again. :P
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    That is exactly how it is supposed to work.

No. It is not. I'm done trying to explain things to you. Stop cluttering this thread with your nonsense.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Can I ask a question? Has your fleet done the Tier 3 upgrade project for the development track?

You must do that one first in order to unlock the vendor. And no I'm not talking about a vendor unlock project... I'm talking about the one that takes 10 days to finish!

'Upgrade Development Facilities III'

Edit: After looking at some reports from other Bug Hunters. This looks to be a bug that resurfaced with S11. So my previous post still holds.

Bug. And it should be getting looked into.
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Can I ask a question? Has your fleet done the Tier 3 upgrade project for the development track?

You must do that one first in order to unlock the vendor. And no I'm not talking about a vendor unlock project... I'm talking about the one that takes 10 days to finish!

Edit: After looking at some reports from other Bug Hunters. This looks to be a bug that resurfaced with S11. So my previous post still holds.

clearly they have done the project, otherwise their development track in the OP's screenshot would be showing as T2, not T3​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options

clearly they have done the project, otherwise their development track in the OP's screenshot would be showing as T2, not T3​​

Edit line
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    Step 1: Calm down

Step 2: Public channels. NoP Public Service. Just ask for a T3 Research Lab invite and you'll get it.

Step 3: slowly work towards finishing your lab, while you already have the boffs you want.​​
  • Options
    saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    Okay... I might be just slow...

But you need Research on 3 to unlock the basic Vendor and then Development on 3 to Unlock the Special BOff Requisitions...

I... I don't know where the Bug is supposed to be here?!
    Sure, it's pretty annoying to have both need be on 3 for that or that it has been made into two seperate actions, but seriously, the whole thread is a bug "Huh?!" to me.
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    OP, looks like you need to unlock T3 Research to get the vendor and T3 Development to get the actual boffs unlocked from that vendor. Both need to be completed. It's not a bug. Confusing and asinine? Yes but not a bug.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    Yes it is it bug. As said above, it has already been noted by the bug hunters to communicate with the dev team. Nothing on the T3 Research sub-holding lists anything about Krenim bridge officers. Research sub-holding only unlocks the DUTY officers. I don't know why some of you guys are having so much trouble understanding this...please look at the screenshot several times before posting lol. It's pretty obvious from the pic.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Both need to be completed. It's not a bug. Confusing and asinine? Yes but not a bug.
    I have explained it three times to the OP and I don't know why they don't understand it.

iWKad22.jpg?fb

The only thing I don't understand is why a few of you keep posting misinformation - repeatedly.

You are wrong. It is a bug. Do you see the above post where the Bug Hunter says it's a confirmed bug, and it's been reported (again)? How about the reddit thread about it (here), where everyone else "gets it" and nobody is claiming "supposed to be that way!"

I don't know why a select few of you keep insisting that this is "working as intended." You are really making yourself look foolish by insisting, repeatedly, that this is working correctly.

It's like talking to brick wall. Here, let me directly quote:
    Bug, and should be getting looked into.
    After looking at some reports from other Bug Hunters. This looks to be a bug that resurfaced with S11. So my previous post still holds. Bug. And it should be getting looked into.
    sov42 wrote: »
    The bughunters have already noted this bug.

Like I said before, stop cluttering up this thread with your nonsense, please. If you don't understand the issue, then move along.
    Post edited by id0licious on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Edited by Me
    Post edited by comrademoco on
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    just another bug in bug trek online
    Hey tuckerpb2sto1. You know evading a ban just delays the inevitable.