test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defera after Season 11 Update

ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
I remember people indicating that Defera Ground 'Battlezone' went missing from Tribble. Lots of hand wringing about Cryptic taking it out of the game.

Well not true, it is still here. However, this morning I went there for the first time since S11 release. I thought that the Deferi Assimilation Timer was going faster than pre S11.

Anyone else notice this or any other tweaks?
'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
Judge Dan Haywood
'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
l don't know.
l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
Lt. Philip J. Minns

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    The borg have adapted to higher dps apparently, and now assimilate their targets faster hoping to finally succeed.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • neonchillineonchilli Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    defera and nukara can no longer take missions as of today, everyone who currently had the missions onhand had them all drop and cannot take missions again. i dunno why or if this was intended.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    neonchilli wrote: »
    defera and nukara can no longer take missions as of today, everyone who currently had the missions onhand had them all drop and cannot take missions again. i dunno why or if this was intended.

I was there when this happened, we were teleported to the start area and defera switched to non-invasion mode.

I screamed: Q!!!!!!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • everquest2#3486 everquest2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    no thanks to all the time manipulations the borg now assimilate you before you are born. lol
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Any problems with Tholian Red Alert?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Errr...Defera is GONE, Federation Fleet alert..GONE, Nukkara Prime...GONE...WTF is going on?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    Errr...Defera is GONE, Federation Fleet alert..GONE, Nukkara Prime...GONE...WTF is going on?

i kept telling everyone we should've taken the krenim's toy away from them after the war...now look at what happened!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • everquest2#3486 everquest2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    there is nothing wrong. they were not sapost to be in the game in the first place. lol
  • wcampbllwcampbll Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    truly sucks-defera has been a mainstay of fleet marks for long time-all they needed to do was make it so you could run kdf and fed team members in same team. at this point were all so used to the bugs over the years-its just 'normal' to wait 7 minutes at city for instance
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    If the place was supposed to go away, it would have been simply removed. Instead, the entire place got a graphics update. I just spent about an hour exploring every part, and I discovered:

1: The ground textures are different.
    2: The city buildings got a polish.
    3: The skybox was replaced with a much larger cityscape.
    4: The sky and sun itself actually look real now.
    5: The bird of prey on the cliff (of all things) got a higher-resolution paintjob too.

These improvements all lead me to believe Defera will be getting a revamp.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    edited November 2015
    What a way to do it.

It would be nice if they made it like the new Ground Battlezones.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited November 2015
    Come to think of it Nakura is a Ground Battlezone as well. Would be nice if that was being converted to the new style as well.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • x3of9x3of9 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    lindaleff wrote: »
    If the place was supposed to go away, it would have been simply removed. Instead, the entire place got a graphics update. I just spent about an hour exploring every part, and I discovered:

5: The bird of prey on the cliff (of all things) got a higher-resolution paintjob too.

This is actually from when Defera was first introduced. It was part of a bad idea, where events were run in hourly cycles. With a fairly random placement throughout the day in an overall 2 week repeating cycle. When Defera wasn't being invaded, it would look as it does now.

This is most likely a symptom of the event having expired. You see, when they ditched the hourly nonsense, an event was started that simply ran 24/7 for an unknown length of time (assuming 2 years). It would seem that whoever put this in place either forgot about it or no longer is on the STO team.

I've notified people who know Top Men. Hopefully they work it out on Monday.
    U.S.S. Marathon - NX-92781
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Yeah I saw it too. I'm almost done with my Omega Rep goal. I only needed like 3-4 more runs for max marks. And I would have my final piece of gear.

This is a glitch, its not the first time a Season update crashed the map. Hope they bring it back soon. So I can get my Fed Main out of there to move on to the new FE.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    post deleted
  • starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    what apend on defera i whant those borg back P.S. iyes i said borg not bug...
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I remember people indicating that Defera Ground 'Battlezone' went missing from Tribble. Lots of hand wringing about Cryptic taking it out of the game.

Well not true, it is still here. However, this morning I went there for the first time since S11 release. I thought that the Deferi Assimilation Timer was going faster than pre S11.

Anyone else notice this or any other tweaks?

You jinxed it...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,908 Arc User
    wcampbll wrote: »
    truly sucks-defera has been a mainstay of fleet marks for long time-all they needed to do was make it so you could run kdf and fed team members in same team. at this point were all so used to the bugs over the years-its just 'normal' to wait 7 minutes at city for instance

not just fleet marks but the only realistic way to get the adapted maco gear without doing stfs
    sig.jpg
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User

I thought that cityscape was new. I liked Deferi, it was a fun romp.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
    Well maybe when Cryptic/PWE are back to work tomorrow we will hear some sort of explanation.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Well, I guess the first rule of Defera is don't talk about Defera. Since I broke that rule I jinxed it and take full responsibility for it disappearing. o:)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • neeko69neeko69 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well, I guess the first rule of Defera is don't talk about Defera. Since I broke that rule I jinxed it and take full responsibility for it disappearing. o:)

(instead of Kahn) ITMIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNS!!!
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,805 Community Moderator
    There were bugs in the fleet alerts that allowed for the entire map to disappear, base included, and be replaced by nothing but a blue background. since the players couldn't do anything the mission would fail. Thus it was temporarily taken offline to fix that bug. Defara quit working similarly and was also taken down as did Nukara. The missions haven't been removed, they were just so bugged out and broken they had to be taken down for fixing.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    There were bugs in the fleet alerts that allowed for the entire map to disappear,

oh! I have never had this bug, finally a bug that I missed lol.
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User

The assimilated areas in the city are also blocked off. There is 1 spot you can get through but you get teleported back to basecamp.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    There were bugs in the fleet alerts that allowed for the entire map to disappear, base included, and be replaced by nothing but a blue background. since the players couldn't do anything the mission would fail. Thus it was temporarily taken offline to fix that bug. Defara quit working similarly and was also taken down as did Nukara. The missions haven't been removed, they were just so bugged out and broken they had to be taken down for fixing.

Yeah, I played a few 'Battle of the Blue' Fleet Alerts. Was able to complete them, but for sure everything was missing with the exception of the team and the enemy ships.

Haven't been to Defera or Nukara for a while, but I can assume there were bugs of some type there that were problematic enough to require an all-stop. If no one found a clear bug there, it's entirely possible that Cryptic found the issue before it became a problem for anyone.

New season - older things will break, and need some updating. It happens.
    Didn't have any problems with the Red Alerts yesterday. All ran normally.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns