test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to start game client: success

Comments

• Options
    ianeasaianeasa Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Waiting patiently for the fix. Developing is a complex work, specially when the project has to run on multiple platforms.

But i miss the official response in the official forum.

Aside for a user who post a pic of a tweet yesterday, i havent found any answer about the concerns of players, like asking for time extended for login in perks (free ships,..) and a confirmation that it is a known issue and first priority, with sufficient resources working in fixing it.

• Options
    sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Here is a more recent tweet:

And LaughingTrendy confirmed that "The team is still looking into it" on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3qfpy8/mac_client_broken/cweznsk?context=3

One can only hope. I'm looking forward to being able to play again.
  • Options
    ianeasaianeasa Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Thanks for the information, sf911.
  • Options
    sarcjestersarcjester Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Seems funny in that I can load tribble but not live. I am not using a MAC fyi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    :( ...
  • Options
    marvelmitemarvelmite Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Well at least there's been some sort of update on Twitter. Thank you for posting that Sf! Hang in there folks. Try and have a good day! And... off to work I go. I don't wanna! But.. I gotta. ::shrugs::
  • Options
    tgothtgoth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Just wana wave my hand in the air, same issue here but I can wait... just hating missing the giveaways :(
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    I think realistically we aren't going to have any type of fix until tomorrows scheduled maintenance where if found the cause of the issue, apply the fix to that update.

And just my luck trying to load Windows bootcamp and getting \windows\system32\drivers\applessd.sys error msg or my mouses and keyboards won't work and get me past the langauge page. Something to do with the current version of bootcamp i thinks.
  • Options
    archonicalarchonical Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    /me tosses in a "me too"
    • MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
    • OSX El Capitan
  • Options
    jadonijadoni Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    yup...same here.
  • Options
    docstryxxdocstryxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same here
  • Options
    danielswhi123danielswhi123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same. Mac OS on iMac. Will we still be able to claim the free items from the C Store that we've missed out on do we think?
  • Options
    normandysx1normandysx1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Adding my name to the list. MAC OS on a Macbook pro. Never had a problem playing before. Sent my ticket to support in, they tell me they have no idea what's going on and there's no time frame for a fix, just that they're "looking into it." Really sad that I'm missing the giveaway, but even more sad that after having dumped so much money into the game it's not even a priority to fix.
  • Options
    quilsnivquilsniv Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Basically, normandy just listed all of my grievances. I'm shocked that they're ignoring such a large amount of their player base for absolutely no reason. If anything, they should extend the giveaway deadline and give that free Andromeda that other players who were just returning received... maybe not the last one, but definitely the first one. We don't deserve to be treated like this.
  • Options
    johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    this is so weird because
    A significant fraction of the players unable to log in the day of their new update? I can't imagine why it wouldn't be a priority.

Because the number of mac users of the game is far outnumbered by the windows players and windows players are the main target audience, therefor they take priority over mac issues and always will. Besides, the mac client has barely been supported for years. You can't even play above medium graphics, an issue they have ignored for 3+ years now. The fact that they want this to be available on mac but didn't actually see it worth fully porting, and using a poor emulator like Cider, is proof that its not that much of a priority.

As other people have said, I wouldn't be surprised if axing mac support is coming in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if they axed mac support with the next expansion.
    7aamriW.png
  • Options
    batmancalero1234batmancalero1234 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    OK. IT'S OFFICIAL. NOW I'M BOYCOTTING STO'S PUNK TRIBBLE. I'M GOING TO FILE THE BOYCOTT TO THE NEXT LETTER TO THEM NOW.
  • Options
    YOU GUYS DO WHAT YOU WANT. I'M GOING TO GET BUSY BOYCOTTING THEM.
  • Options
    BY MYSELF.
  • Options
    nebuloninenebulonine Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Hokay. Here is what cryptic can do instead of coding the game to extend the giveawayperiod:

Make it possible to claim the items via web, all our websiteaccounts are directly linked to our gameaccs. Should be easier to code, and the post-bug whining will go away.
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I can not login. After I downloaded Season 11 and click engage, I keep getting this message, "unable to start game client: Success". I am going to miss out on the final giveaways. This has been like this since last night, around 9pm GMT. I live in the UK. I managed to login on another computuer. The above problem is related to a Mac computer.
  • Options
    rileypastyrileypasty Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    So 17 hours since the last communication from Cryptic (on twitter anyway) still nothing...

Surely something like this should have been picked up during Beta testing or Alpha? Or any testing at all?
    Thanks to all who've at least tried looking into the issue for us....
  • Options
    star23456star23456 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I had trouble loading the client on windows 7 the game icon would come up on the taskbar but nothing else would happen.
    tried safe mode and it worked fine.
    On another pc with windows 10 it loaded normally with no issues so I'm a little confused by that.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    NOW IN MY E-MAIL, THEY SENT ME A SURVEY AS TO HOW CUSTOMER SERVICE WENT! AND I TOLD THEM THAT I'M GOING TO BOYCOTT THEIR PUNK TRIBBLE AND SUE THEM TOO! THESE GEEKS WHO CREATED THIS GAME ARE REALLY A BAD SICK JOKE!
  • Options
    wiseass513wiseass513 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I found this in the debug.log file

[1028/112358:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "Select shard: 0," source: http://launcher.startrekonline.com/static/all/js/api.js(117)
    [1028/122147:ERROR:dns_config_watcher_win.cc(89)] DNS registry watch failed to start.
    [1028/122147:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(143)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 0
  • Options
    jonasum#1471 jonasum Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    come on guys. I spend a few hundreds in your game and you are not able to give us a hint regarding the problems and you're not answering anything in the forums? Thats outrageous!

Really pissed-off customer who payed voluntarily for your work and will never do again in case this customer management stays the same: SUCCESS
  • Options
    andarragh21andarragh21 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    come on guys. I spend a few hundreds in your game and you are not able to give us a hint regarding the problems and you're not answering anything in the forums? Thats outrageous!

Really pissed-off customer who payed voluntarily for your work and will never do again in case this customer management stays the same: SUCCESS

Yeah, this has passed from "problem" to "truly absurd". Even just an acknowledgement of existence would be nice.
  • Options
    kdaaronkdaaron Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I too am a paying customer that has been affected by this. Some sort of official response would be appreciated... what is happening with the giveaways, and, more importantly, is there any progress?
    My goal is to build the strongest ship in the federation fleet
  • Options
    sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Yep, any updates would truly be appreciated. A time frame would be nice.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1206323/season-11-mac-login-issue

Hi Captains,

As you are aware, Star Trek Online: Season 11 - New Dawn launched with an issue that is currently preventing Mac users from logging into the game. We have stated on Twitter that the team is still looking into what are causing the issues. Although we haven't pinpointed any exact details on the cause, we are still very aware of the issues that players are facing and are working to get you back into the game.

We are also aware that not logging in prevented players from receiving the launch promotion. Our team is discussing what we can potentially do about that as well.

As always, we appreciate the feedback of the community and are working towards creating a positive gaming experience for you all.

Alex
  • Options
    normandysx1normandysx1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yup. Paying customer. Bought all sorts of ships and game services. Not even a response from these guys. I'm left to wonder If i'll ever be able to log in again. Seems to me like I should be looking into getting my money back for a game I can no longer play through no fault of my own!