test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to start game client: success

Comments

• cantseethis#5962 cantseethis Member Posts: 1 New User
    haveing the same problem on windows 10 it isnt just apple

I only just started playing this game 9 days ago and allready at 4 days unable to log in not doing well for new player experiance i am just glad it didnt start 24 hours later i whould of just put cash onto my account and i whould of been getting it refuneded for

For the mac users it isnt just you it is just mac users are more willing to go on to furoms to get info to fix games and get them working and if you want to be honest a larger % of the player base will be useing windows over mac so putting a larger or largest amount tech staff on just mac isnt best bussiness sorry i dont like seeing 1 side being represented when it is more then 1 effected

I am hopeing this gets fixed soon i was just starting to enjoy the game
  • dustphoenixdustphoenix Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Come on, did any of us mac users really expect anything different? We just have to accept that our client is not a priority because they're too busy licking windows's a** XD
    Yea but in this time, they should've been able to figure it out and find the launchers bug causing this (I do assume they test things before they send them out or at least it's logical that they should).

So even after today's patch, it's still a no go...
    We were left out for the T5 ships giveaway (and there's still no (official) response if we're going to get anything to compensate for their fault in breaking the client), we're also unable to play/use something we paid for...
    How is that fair again?
  • mrtoveymrtovey Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    i cant believe a downtime and patch has come and gone and still no fix for macs and whats worse thteres been no update either.
  • johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Come on, did any of us mac users really expect anything different? We just have to accept that our client is not a priority because they're too busy licking windows's a** XD
    Yea but in this time, they should've been able to figure it out and find the launchers bug causing this (I do assume they test things before they send them out or at least it's logical that they should).

We were left out for the T5 ships giveaway (and there's still no (official) response if we're going to get anything to compensate for their fault in breaking the client), we're also unable to play/use something we paid for...
    How is that fair again?

lol I actually just learned on another thread that they don't test the content on macs before hand because they themselves don't use macs. How do you like that? XD They don't even test it on all their platforms lol. So shameful. Poor standards for a gaming company.
    7aamriW.png
  • nimrod5nimrod5 Member Posts: 41 Arc User

How is that fair again?

lol I actually just learned on another thread that they don't test the content on macs before hand because they themselves don't use macs. How do you like that? XD They don't even test it on all their platforms lol. So shameful. Poor standards for a gaming company.

I'm not sure which is worse, the fact they do that or the fact they admitted it so easily.
  • dustphoenixdustphoenix Member Posts: 15 Arc User

How is that fair again?

If that's actually true, then it's a wonder it even worked until now...
  • wiseass513wiseass513 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I am willing to wait a bit for the game to be fixed on Mac ONLY because I am on vacation until 11/08. However I am upset with Cryptic as I am a paying customer that is now paying for a product that I CANNOT use. So I plan on giving them some time to fix it before I suspend my account, if enough Gold members do that that may also get Cryptics attention
  • batmancalero1234batmancalero1234 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    NORTHSTAR, WHY DON'T YOU SHUT THE TRIBBLE UP!!! I'M A REAL BAD TRIBBLE AND I DON'T NEED A UNIFORM TO KICK YOUR PUNK TRIBBLE!!! AND I DON'T OWE YOU ANYTHING!!! I OWE MYSELF SINCE SCUMBAGS LIKE YOU LOOK OUT FOR YOUR OWN TRIBBLE!!! AT LEAST I DON'T TRIBBLE, MOAN OR COMPLAIN LIKE SOME DO ABOUT THEIR OWN PROBLEMS AND THEN SIT ON MY OWN TRIBBLE WAITING FOR SOMETHING TO HAPPEN OR NOT HAPPEN!!! I DO SOMETHING TO SOLVE A PROBLEM!!! AS FOR YOU, YOU ARE SITTING ON YOUR TRIBBLE WAITING FOR A LITTLE VIDEO GAME TO JUST SHOW UP AND DOING NOTHING BUT TRIBBLE, MOAN AND COMPLAINING ABOUT IT, ACTING LIKE A LITTLE PUNK TRIBBLE TRIBBLE!!! OH, I'M SORRY. I STAND CORRECTED. YOU ARE A PUNK TRIBBLE LITTLE TRIBBLE!!! MY BAD. AT LEAST SOME PEOPLE ARE WAITING FOR THE STO PEOPLE TO DO THEIR JOB AND THEY ARE DOING THEIR JOB, UNLIKE YOU OF COURSE, WHO IS NOT DOING THAT JOB OF FIXING THE GAME YOURSELF!!! UNLESS YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX THE GAME, THEN YOU NEED TO SHUT THE TRIBBLE UP LIKE EVERYONE ELSE AND LET THE STO PEOPLE DO THEIR JOB!!! AT LEAST THE SUPERGIRL HERE IS THE REASONABLE ONE AND IS THE ONLY ONE THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE AROUND HERE!!! YOU NEED TO LEARN SOMETHING FROM HER AND WAIT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE UNTIL THE STO PEOPLE DO FIX THE GAME!!! IN THE MEANTIME, YOU AND THE OTHER HALF NEED TO READ A BOOK OR WATCH THE NEWS LIKE REAL LIFE PEOPLE DO AND GET YOUR LAZY ASSES OUT OF YOUR GIRLFRIENDS YOU CALL YOUR OWN COMPUTERS UNTIL THE STO PEOPLE THAT ARE IN CHARGE OF THIS GAME DO THEIR JOB IN FIXING THIS GAME!!! I'M WITH THE SUPERLADY HERE AND I'M GOING TO WAIT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE UNTIL THIS LITTLE VIDEO GAME DOES GET FIXED!!! AND THAT CARTOON POKIMON CHARACTER NAME WHATTHEPHLOX THAT STARTED THIS LITTLE ANTI-BATMAN PEANUT GALLERY CLUB, THAT LITTLE PUNK TRIBBLE TRIBBLE NEEDS TO WAIT ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE PEANUT GALLERY HERE UNTIL THE VIDEO GAME DO GETS FIXED AND LEARN TO SHUT THE TRIBBLE UP AND NOT DRAG ME INTO THIS SCREWED UP PEANUT GALLERY!!! I LOOK OUT FOR MY OWN TRIBBLE AND NOT THE TRIBBLE OF THE PEANUT GALLERY!!! ME AND THE SUPERGIRL HERE IS GOING TO WAIT FOR THE VIDEO GAME TO GET FIXED AND YOU PUNK TRIBBLE TRIBBLE PEANUT GALLERY NEED TO SHUT THE TRIBBLE UP AND WAIT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE FOR THE VIDEO GAME TO GET FIXED!!! IN THE MEANTIME, I'M GOING TO READ A REAL LIFE BOOK OR A REAL LIFE BATMAN COMIC BOOK OF MY CHOICE UNTIL THE GAME DO GETS FIXED!!! SO DON'T DRAG ME INTO THIS PUNK TRIBBLE TRIBBLE PEANUT GALLERY TRIBBLE, BECAUSE I WATCH OUT FOR MY OWN TRIBBLE AND NOT YOURS!!!
    ......AS FOR THE SUPERLADY HERE, THANK YOU. AT LEAST YOU MAKE BETTER SENSE THAN THE SCREWED UP STAR TREK PEANUT GALLERY HERE. YOU ARE A TRUE LADY AND A TRUE DC COMIC FAN. AND YOU HAVE BETTER TASTE IN FANDOM THAN THE LITTLE TREK PEANUT GALLERY. AND YOU ARE ALSO A TRUE HUMAN BEING THAT CARES MORE ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAN THE TREK PEANUT GALLERY AND THEIR COMPUTER GIRLFRIENDS THAT THEY LIKE HAVING SEX WITH. YOU ARE A GOOD WOMAN AND A GOOD HUMAN BEING. THANK YOU.
  • northstar121403northstar121403 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Man, you have no idea who I am but your litany of self-idolizing mental masturbation shows all that we need to know about you. I've spent time in 7 countries on 3 continents, I've travelled most of the lower 48 states in the US and I've seen your type before. Every place that I've been to there's always, at least, one...yet it never ceases to amaze me.

Oh...and a little note about a "real" badass...they rarely feel the seemingly compulsive need to prove and/or assert themselves in an MMO bug report forum.

My previous statement stands..."Get over yourself"
    Making Borg go *BOOM* since May 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ....AND LIKE I SAID, YOU, NORTHSTAR, NEED TO SHUT THE TRIBBLE UP, BECAUSE YOU ARE A TRIBBLE THAT DOES NOTHING BUT TRIBBLE, MOAN AND COMPLAIN! I DON'T GIVE A TRIBBLE HOW MANY COUNTRIES YOU VISIT OR WHAT MILITARY YOU PRETEND YOU'RE IN! I'M IN THE REBEL ARMY OF THE UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS AND I'M THE BATMAN WHO'S IN CHARGE OF IT! AND ME AND THE REBELS ARE IN CHARGE OF THIS PLANET! AND WE ARE THE ONES THAT IS FIXING THE MESS THAT YOUR TRIBBLE UP FEARLESS LEADER OBAMA JUST CREATED AND I DON'T OWE THAT TRIBBLE ANYTHING! HE SCREWED UP THE PLANET AND NOT ME! SO YOU NEED TO TAKE YOUR SAD STORY SOMEWHERE ELSE BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A TRIBBLE ABOUT IT!!!
  • cpm7787#2729 cpm7787 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Im on mac too. same issue.
  • marvelmitemarvelmite Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    unbelievable.
    A HUGE patch like that and STILL the launcher is broke? Yes I am reading the previous posts.. and YES I am sure that Cryptic is aware of the problem. and YES shame on them for not testing the mac client when they HAVE A mac client.. and YES.. Batmancalero and Northstar.. you two need to take your problems wherever the heck else you want to. This thread that I started was to inform the devs that the Mac client is broken.. AND STILL IT! Oh TRENDY! TREEEEENDY!! ::sigh::
    .....AND FOR THE RECORD, I DO KICK PUNK TRIBBLE SCUMBAGS FOR A LIVING! AND YOU ARE A PUNK TRIBBLE SCUMBAG WHO IS ALSO A LITTLE TRIBBLE! AND I BEAT PUNK TRIBBLE SCUMBAGS LIKE YOU BEFORE WHO IS IN FACT STRONGER THAN YOU AND THEY DON'T COMPLAIN OR TRIBBLE MUCH LIKE YOU'RE DOING NOW! BUT, I STILL KICKED THEIR ASSES BECAUSE I'M THE BAD TRIBBLE BATMAN AND A BETTER BAD TRIBBLE THAN THEM AND YOU! SO YOU NEED TO QUIT WHILE YOU'RE BEHIND, YOU LITTLE PUNY PUNK TRIBBLE TRIBBLE!!!
  • marvelmitemarvelmite Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Son. You have got to calm the hell down. We're trying to get DEV's attention here on this issue. Not run around like a raving lunatic.
    .....AND FOR THE RECORD, I DO KICK PUNK TRIBBLE SCUMBAGS FOR A LIVING! AND YOU ARE A PUNK TRIBBLE SCUMBAG WHO IS ALSO A LITTLE TRIBBLE! AND I BEAT PUNK TRIBBLE SCUMBAGS LIKE YOU BEFORE WHO IS IN FACT STRONGER THAN YOU AND THEY DON'T COMPLAIN OR TRIBBLE MUCH LIKE YOU'RE DOING NOW! BUT, I STILL KICKED THEIR ASSES BECAUSE I'M THE BAD TRIBBLE BATMAN AND A BETTER BAD TRIBBLE THAN THEM AND YOU! SO YOU NEED TO QUIT WHILE YOU'RE BEHIND, YOU LITTLE PUNY PUNK TRIBBLE TRIBBLE!!!

• kosto31kosto31 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm on Windows 10 but the same thing has been happening to me since this latest update. You hit engage and it starts to load but it never gets beyond a Black screen and then I get the same message you all have been getting. Is this a problem across Windows and Mac? I've been trying to get onboard for 2 days now.
    ....AND AS FOR THE SUPERLADY, AGAIN, THANK YOU. AND, SUPERLADY, YOU ARE A BETTER WOMAN AND A BETTER HUMAN BEING THAN THE PUNK TRIBBLE TREK PEANUT GALLERY HERE! YOU KEEP READING THE COMIC BOOKS AND THE GRAPHIC NOVELS THAT THE COMIC BOOK WRITERS AND ARTISTS IN THE PAST AND PRESENT HAVE CREATED AND THE WRITTEN BOOKS AS WELL. YOU ARE BETTER EDUCATED THAN THE ENTIRE TREK PEANUT GALLERY PUT TOGETHER.
    ...AS FOR THE TREK PEANUT GALLERY, YOU CAN JUST KISS MY TRIBBLE!
    ..AND, MARVELMITE, (1) I'M NOT YOUR "SON". SO DON'T REFER TO ME AS YOUR KID! I'M NOBODY'S OWN KID BUT MY OWN FATHER'S! (2) I'M NOT A KID LIKE YOU ARE! I HAVEN'T BEEN A "KID" SINCE I WAS 18 YEARS OLD AND THAT WAS BACK IN 1987! SO DON'T REFER TO ME AS YOUR "KID" OR "SON" BECAUSE YOU ARE THE KID, NOT ME! AND (3) YOU NEED TO KEEP READING YOUR MARVEL COMIC BOOKS BECAUSE WASTE YOUR TIME WAITING FOR A LITTLE VIDEO GAME TO GET FIXED IS NOT WORTH WASTING YOUR TIME OVER! SO YOU NEED TO KEEP READING YOUR MARVEL COMIC BOOKS AND WAIT LIKE THE REST OF THE TREK PEANUT GALLERY HERE!
    ...AS FOR THE REST OF THE TREK PEANUT GALLERY, STOP BITCHING, MOANING AND COMPLAINING AND LET THE REAL MEN WHO'S IN CHARGE OF THIS GAME DO THEIR WORK IN FIXING IT! AND THE LAST TIME I LOOKED, THE TREK PEANUT GALLERY IS NOT IN CHARGE OF THIS GAME!
    ...AND ALSO THE LAST TIME I LOOKED, THE TREK PEANUT GALLERY IS NOT IN CHARGE OF ME EITHER!
    ...I WATCH OUT FOR MY OWN TRIBBLE AND THIS LITTLE TREK 1960'S DINOSAUR CLUB I SEE HERE AND NOW CAN LEAVE ME OUT OF THIS!
  • northstar121403northstar121403 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    You're right @marvelmite, if a supposedly 40-something year old person wants to rant like that, I shouldn't have given him any fuel for his fire...point made. Meanwhile, let's hope that tomorrow's patch fixes the issue. They haven't posted notes for it yet but it's showing on the launcher...fingers crossed.
    Making Borg go *BOOM* since May 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LET ME GIVE YOU A LITTLE PIECE OF ADVICE...LISTEN CAREFULLY..."I'M ON NO ONE'S SIDE BUT MY OWN." UNDERSTAND, TREK PEANUT GALLERY? I'M ON NO ONE'S SIDE BUT MY OWN AND FOR THE DC COMIC LOVING SUPERLADY HERE WHICH SHE ALONE MAKES MORE SENSE HERE THAN THE REST OF THE TREK PEANUT GALLERY HERE! YOU KEEP ME OUT OF THIS LATEST "SING ALONG WITH THE BATMAN" TRIBBLE THAT YOU TREK PEANUT GALLERY WIMPS IS DOING NOW OR SOMETHING BAD IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO YOU TREK PEANUT GALLERY WIMPS HERE AND NOW IN THE ORDER OF ME KICKING YOUR TREK PUNK ASSES FROM EARTH TO VULCAN! YOU KEEP ME OUT OF THIS! WASTING TIME FOR THE LITTLE TREK GAME TO GET FIXED IS YOUR PROBLEM, NOT MINE! YOU TREK PEANUT GALLERY NEED TO WAIT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!
  • johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    kosto31 wrote: »
    I'm on Windows 10 but the same thing has been happening to me since this latest update. You hit engage and it starts to load but it never gets beyond a Black screen and then I get the same message you all have been getting. Is this a problem across Windows and Mac? I've been trying to get onboard for 2 days now.

Thank you for reporting. Its important to know that this is issue is not localized to just the mac client.
    7aamriW.png
    GOOD. AT LEAST NOW YOU KIDS ARE BEGINNING TO LEARN SOMETHING LIKE TAKING YOUR TIME AND WAIT UNTIL THE STO PEOPLE DO FIX IT. NOW THAT YOU ALL SEE MY POINT AND DECIDE TO WAIT IT OUT UNTIL THE NEXT MORNING LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO DO LIKE A BUNCH OF GOOD LITTLE HUMAN BEINGS, I'LL CONTINUE WATCHING OUT FOR MY OWN TRIBBLE AND THE TREK PEANUT GALLERY CAN KISS IT!
  • archonicalarchonical Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I managed to get a Win8 VM (from Microsoft at https://dev.modern.ie/tools/vms/) loaded up with the game, alas too late as the ships are no longer free. It also crashes quite a bit, but at least I can send off a couple DOFFs in the meantime.

In case anyone missed it, there is a Flag button at the bottom of each post. Not sure if @northstar121403 or @marvelmite noticed.
    .....FOR RIGHT NOW, I'M OUT OF HERE! I DON'T NEED TO LISTEN TO ANY MORE OF THE USUAL KID TREKKIE COMPLAINING TRIBBLE! I'M DONE WITH THIS TRIBBLE!
    ...YOU LITTLE TREK KIDS DO WHAT YOU WANT. I'M OUT OF HERE AND WAIT LIKE THE OTHER REAL LIFE FULL GROWN ADULTS FOR THE ONLINE TREK GAME TO GET FIXED AGAIN.
    ...OH, ONE MORE THING...IN MY OPINION.... I THINK THE SUPERLADY HERE CAN KICK YOUR TREK-GEEK-KID-PUNK ASSES EVEN BETTER THAN I CAN. THAT'S HOW MUCH OF A BUNCH OF PANSIES YOU TREK KID GEEKS REALLY ARE! AND I HAPPENED TO LOVE THE SUPERMAN AND SUPERGIRL COMIC BOOKS BEFORE I EVEN LOVED THE BATMAN COMIC BOOKS. AND I WATCHED THE SUPERMAN/ SUPERGIRL MOVIES BEFORE I WATCHED THE FIRST BATMAN FILM IN 1989 AND BOUGHT THE BATMAN MOVIE GRAPHIC NOVEL FOR MY BABY BROTHER AT THE FRONT OF THE MOVIE THEATER WHEN HE WAS 11 YEARS OLD AND I WAS 19 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME, MONTHS BEFORE MY 20TH BIRTHDAY. AND THAT WAS THE ONLY TIME DC COMICS SOLD ANY DC COMICS MOVIE GRAPHIC NOVEL AT A MOVIE THEATER AND IT NEVER HAPPENED AGAIN SINCE. IN MY OPINION, THE 20TH CENTURY WAS A BETTER TIME PERIOD THAN THE 21ST CENTURY DICTATORSHIP TRIBBLE THAT YOU TREK GEEKS AND YOUR WEAK FEARLESS LEADER OBAMA HAS CREATED NOW! AND THIS IS ONE SISSIE TIME PERIOD I CAN LIVE WITHOUT! NOW, YOU LITTLE TREK KIDS CONTINUE PLAY YOUR LITTLE VIDEO GAME WHILE I LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD AND FIX THIS MESS YOU TREK KID GEEKS AND OBAMA HAS JUST CREATED!