test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to start game client: success

Comments

• marvelmitemarvelmite Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    mrtovey wrote: »
    ive re-patched, reloaded and rechecked the launcher still nothing for me

I did the same thing and still getting nothing but the "unable to connect" message. Heh. Makes you wonder why they put the term "success" in that error message! Ah the irony!
  • marvelmitemarvelmite Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    It's repaired for me as of 1048 PST :#

And how did you repair it captain ransom?
  • whatthephloxwhatthephlox Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    hey I've succeeded at failing too!! xD
  • mrtoveymrtovey Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    hes prob too busy playing to answer
    marvelmite wrote: »
    It's repaired for me as of 1048 PST :#

And how did you repair it captain ransom?

• mrtoveymrtovey Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    trendy just tweeted sadly no update yet:(
  • iathoriathor Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Still not working for me. Mac OS 10.10.5, Late 2013 Retina Macbook Pro, NVIDIA 750M 2GB.
  • sadja4sadja4 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Same error for me too - Mac Client
  • nyarka123nyarka123 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Not working for me as well.
    Mac user.
    Captain: ISS Terror (Mirror Guardian)

tumblr_static_tumblr_lutla7afj51qd6v0do1_500.gif
  • batmancalero1234batmancalero1234 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    THE SAME TRIBBLE IS HAPPENING WITH ME TOO. "UNABLE TO START GAME CLIENT: SUCCESS." THIS GAME IS A BAD JOKE! NOT TO MENTION I HAVE THESE EUROPE BIMBO SCUMBAGS ON RISA THAT'S TRYING TO FRONT ME EVERYWHERE! THESE BIMBO TRIBBLE THINK THEY HAVE MORE RIGHT TO BE IN THIS TREK ONLINE GAME AND I DON'T! AND THIS ALONE EXPLAINS WHY I PREFER BEING A BATMAN FAN THAN A STAR TREK FAN! EVEN THESE BIMBOS MAKE STAR TREK LOOK LIKE A BAD JOKE!
    edited October 2015
    Interesting... changing the language to anything but English gives a more detailed error message: "Client window error code 0 (While attempting to format, received error code 1815.)"

Update: looks like that's a Windows error relating to unsupported language type, so may not be the same problem that's plaguing the English setting.
  • whatthephloxwhatthephlox Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    THE SAME TRIBBLE IS HAPPENING WITH ME TOO. "UNABLE TO START GAME CLIENT: SUCCESS." THIS GAME IS A BAD JOKE! NOT TO MENTION I HAVE THESE EUROPE BIMBO SCUMBAGS ON RISA THAT'S TRYING TO FRONT ME EVERYWHERE! THESE BIMBO TRIBBLE THINK THEY HAVE MORE RIGHT TO BE IN THIS TREK ONLINE GAME AND I DON'T! AND THIS ALONE EXPLAINS WHY I PREFER BEING A BATMAN FAN THAN A STAR TREK FAN! EVEN THESE BIMBOS MAKE STAR TREK LOOK LIKE A BAD JOKE!

o_O
  • aaaictaaaict Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Every new season this happens.... Not impressed

but at least they are looking into it for once and not ignoring mac users...

Unable to start game client: Success :(
  • warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Same problem with my and my MacBook Pro. Sadly it's a 2010 MBP.
  • startrektrackerstartrektracker Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same here, also on mac. Happened after update
  • nyarka123nyarka123 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    "Success"? What success? That we can't access the game? Insert outrage here
    Mac user.
    Captain: ISS Terror (Mirror Guardian)

tumblr_static_tumblr_lutla7afj51qd6v0do1_500.gif
    I REALLY NEED TO QUIT THIS TRIBBLE GAME AND CONTINUE PLAYING "STAR TREK: LEGACY" AND THE "STAR TREK 2013 VIDEO GAME" ON MY XBOX 360! THIS KIND OF TECH TRIBBLE AND THE BIMBOS IS NOT THE KIND OF TRIBBLE I DON'T NEED IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW!
  • dannyferrierdannyferrier Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I hope to hell they fix it, all the work in game for nothing
  • feelfelixhenryfeelfelixhenry Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    same here. Hope they will fix it very very soon...
    YOU'RE RIGHT ON THAT. I DON'T CARE HOW THESE PROGRAMMER GEEKS FIX THIS DAMN PROBLEM. THEY NEED TO FIX THIS PROBLEM RIGHT NOW AND FIX IT FAST. OR I'M DONE WITH THIS ONLINE GAME. AS FOR THESE BIMBO TRIBBLE, THEY NEED TO GO TRIBBLE THEMSELVES. I'M DONE WITH THEM TOO. I DON'T GIVE A TRIBBLE.
  • johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I was so glad when they had Transgaming help them to port the game to Mac, so that I didn't have to use Bootcamp anymore and try and get a copy of Windows. Using it on the native computer without having to partition my drive has been WONDERFUL! Hopefully they are indeed looking into it, and figuring out what it is we need to do to enjoy this game. (and considering how often I buy zen.. they should find a better way than just wrapping it around a WHINE launcher to make the game work..)

they don't even use Wine. They use Cider, which is poor copy of Wine. If they actually used Wine, this game would run much better on Mac. I just wish they would invest in an ACTUAL mac port.

7aamriW.png
    mrtovey wrote: »
    ive re-patched, reloaded and rechecked the launcher still nothing for me

I did the same thing and still getting nothing but the "unable to connect" message. Heh. Makes you wonder why they put the term "success" in that error message! Ah the irony!

its a conspiracy XD
    7aamriW.png
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I'm actually on windows and I got kicked while warping out of the Sol System....then I haven't been able to get my launcher to start up.

I don't know why anyone actually expected a flawless launch day for the New Dawn. People patching eating up bandwith, lots more people than normal coming in to see what's new, new systems integrated into Holodeck, this isn't surprising at all. I'm more surprised I got to log in and do daily stuff on all five of my characters, than the fact that I got kicked and can't get back in.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • twiistedreasontwiistedreason Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Not working here, iMac, El Capitan, via Steam launcher. Steam's integrity check didn't fix it, the launchers force verify did nothing.
    Q5UKMml.jpg
    nyarka123 wrote: »
    Apparently whatever library call is failing is setting (or more likely, not setting at all) an error code value of 0, which is "ERROR_SUCCESS". Not exactly helpful...

It's probably not Cryptic's fault that the error code is cryptic, though.
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I'm actually on windows and I got kicked while warping out of the Sol System....then I haven't been able to get my launcher to start up.

I don't know why anyone actually expected a flawless launch day for the New Dawn. People patching eating up bandwith, lots more people than normal coming in to see what's new, new systems integrated into Holodeck, this isn't surprising at all. I'm more surprised I got to log in and do daily stuff on all five of my characters, than the fact that I got kicked and can't get back in.

At least windows people can actually get the game to launch lol
    7aamriW.png
    iathor wrote: »
    nyarka123 wrote: »
    Apparently whatever library call is failing is setting (or more likely, not setting at all) an error code value of 0, which is "ERROR_SUCCESS". Not exactly helpful...

It's probably not Cryptic's fault that the error code is cryptic, though.

It can't be a mac issue because the game worked yesterday, just fine before this patch. Something in this patch broke something.
    7aamriW.png
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    captaind3 wrote: »

At least windows people can actually get the game to launch lol

Could get it to launch. Now the launcher is timing out, at least for me.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    It can't be a mac issue because the game worked yesterday, just fine before this patch. Something in this patch broke something.

Possibly something related to the emulator, which would actually make it an OS X only issue. I did manage to get the Win client to update and launch on Windows 7 via Parallels 9... although hindsight being 20/20, I should've gone the BootCamp route - wouldn't have taken nearly as long for the game client to load.
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • kdreeveskdreeves Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same issue. 13" MacBook Pro Retina, El Capitan, Steam Launcher. Same symptoms as everyone else.

Would be *super* neat to have an extension on the giveaways if this lasts another day... just sayin'! ^_^ Thanks for continuing to look into it, support team.

You just have to pronounce the new season title like Porky Pig: "It's a New Da-da-Daw-Daw, a New Da-da-DAW-Daw, a N-Nuh-Nuh-New Da-da-DAW-da-da... Oh, shucks."

It'll get there ev-even-eventu-eve-eventually. ;)
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I don't think this is getting fixed anytime soon, i.e. this evening. Some data/files in the last patch i would guess/assume were missing which supported the Mac Client hence why the launcher won't load the game as its not detecting that data/file

I'm not bothered about the giveaway as those ships aren't something i want or need. But the XP bonus thats far more valuable than gold pressed latinum