test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to start game client: success

marvelmitemarvelmite Member Posts: 49 Arc User
The above message is what I am getting on the launcher after patching and then hitting engage. I am not getting a load screen. I have quit the game, confirmed the server is up and restarted the game and hit engage again only to receive the same message. I am using the Mac client to play the game. Please advise as to what to do.

Comments

• mrtoveymrtovey Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Same issue for me friend apparently they are looking in to it... but we shall see.
  • iathoriathor Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Also seeing this problem, also using the Mac client/launcher.
  • paulyd4paulyd4 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Me four! Also on the mac launcher
  • johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    me too, on the mac launcher
    7aamriW.png
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Apparently its being looked at:

Hoping for a quick fix. Fingers crossed.
  • marvelmitemarvelmite Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Well let's hope that a redname sees this and gives us a reply! Theoretically it could be something with the server.. but who knows. So many variables.. so little time. :smile:
    sf911 wrote: »

Fingers crossed indeed!
    haha hey thats me:D
    marvelmite wrote: »

Fingers crossed indeed!

• andarragh21andarragh21 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Getting the same thing on Mac. Hopefully, if we all complain enough, it'll get more help.
    Getting the same thing on Mac. Hopefully, if we all complain enough, it'll get more help.

that or they'll just decide supporting it on mac is more trouble than its worth and it'll become a windows only game LOL
    7aamriW.png
    I Wouldn't be surprised if that happens... if it was a windows issue it be fixed by now.

that or they'll just decide supporting it on mac is more trouble than its worth and it'll become a windows only game LOL

mrtovey wrote: »
    I Wouldn't be surprised if that happens... if it was a windows issue it be fixed by now.

I wouldn't be surprised either. But then they'd have to deal with all the refund demands.
    7aamriW.png
  • ooty0utramooty0utram Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same here. OS X 10.11.1 Mac Mini (Late 2014) with Intel Iris graphics
    Dam right... if that happens id want every penny back. or a free windows computer (which i hate) they can pick.
    mrtovey wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised either. But then they'd have to deal with all the refund demands.

• sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User

I surely hope not. Mac client worked well enough so far for me.
  • snar09snar09 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same problem with mac as well. my game would periodically freeze during gameplay, and have the decked out 2014 macbook pro
    edited October 2015

I surely hope not. Mac client worked well enough so far for me.

Same, though if you try playing on anything above medium graphics the game won't even run on a mac and they have yet to do anything about that even though its been years since that issue arose. So who knows how long it could take them to fix this, if they decide to fix it at all.
    7aamriW.png
    I was so glad when they had Transgaming help them to port the game to Mac, so that I didn't have to use Bootcamp anymore and try and get a copy of Windows. Using it on the native computer without having to partition my drive has been WONDERFUL! Hopefully they are indeed looking into it, and figuring out what it is we need to do to enjoy this game. (and considering how often I buy zen.. they should find a better way than just wrapping it around a WHINE launcher to make the game work..)
  • elano24elano24 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Me 100!! the game usually works great for me but today its doing "the unable to start" TRIBBLE
  • captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    It's repaired for me as of 1048 PST :#
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• paragonexileparagonexile Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Ditto. Getting "Unable to start game client: success" every time I hit "engage."
    author wrote: »
    Also seeing this problem, also using the Mac client/launcher.
    It's repaired for me as of 1048 PST :#

did u do anything different?
  • paragonexileparagonexile Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I was so glad when they had Transgaming help them to port the game to Mac, so that I didn't have to use Bootcamp anymore and try and get a copy of Windows. Using it on the native computer without having to partition my drive has been WONDERFUL! Hopefully they are indeed looking into it, and figuring out what it is we need to do to enjoy this game. (and considering how often I buy zen.. they should find a better way than just wrapping it around a WHINE launcher to make the game work..)

Are you playing on safe mode? I have to, with reduced graphics, or the game crashes on my Mac.
    ive re-patched, reloaded and rechecked the launcher still nothing for me
  • fulginfulgin Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Same here, regarding the Mac client.
  • mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    Same here, also with OS X client; specifically running OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite.
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • dannyferrierdannyferrier Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I've tried safe mode and it hasn't helped
  • cmdrtji86cmdrtji86 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ditto. I've only been looking forward to this all month. :/

Are you playing on safe mode? I have to, with reduced graphics, or the game crashes on my Mac.

Actually no. Then again I do have a newer mac from this year with a newer video card. I still can't go full out on the graphics or it will indeed not play, but it is playable on the medium settings that were mentioned earlier!
  • rotabo00rotabo00 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i use windows and I get "AMD driver crashed"