What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next give away item speculation

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited October 2015

looking at your comment I must ask a question, what is the point of using the line through on an error like this instead of just using delete? it just doesn't make sense to me and just ends up making the comment look untidy and slapdash.

BTW you should have put a line though "is today" and replaced it with "was on" while you were at it.

You are right, I didn't think about "is today". The line is simply that I admit my fault that was already quoted, no need to pretend I can eliminate it from history pig-3.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »

looking at your comment I must ask a question, what is the point of using the line through on an error like this instead of just using delete? it just doesn't make sense to me and just ends up making the comment look untidy and slapdash.

BTW you should have put a line though "is today" and replaced it with "was on" while you were at it.

You are right, I didn't think about "is today". The line is simply that I admit my fult that was already quoted, no need to pretend I can eliminate it from history pig-3.gif​​

I see your point about admitting the error as I just see it was pointed out to you however there have been many instances were I have seen this and it was either on a comment that the error had not been highlighted or even on the last comment made in a thread.

but even if an error is highlighted better to do as you just did in a reply then use the line through IMO.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    angrytarg wrote: »

You are right, I didn't think about "is today". The line is simply that I admit my fult that was already quoted, no need to pretend I can eliminate it from history pig-3.gif​​

I see your point about admitting the error as I just see it was pointed out to you however there have been many instances were I have seen this and it was either on a comment that the error had not been highlighted or even on the last comment made in a thread.

but even if an error is highlighted better to do as you just did in a reply then use the line through IMO.

oops too late you used the line through ARGGGGG!

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,369 Arc User
    Unless i am mistaken, today's the last day for the give away.
    Considering the theme for season 11 i expect something DS9 related, but i don't see them giving away T4 or T5 Defiant or DS9 packs either considering they try to keep the gifts faction neutral.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    According with sources (German) the gift is an upgrade voucher.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    According with sources (German) the gift is an upgrade voucher.

Can someone confirm ?

And which kind of upgrade ?
    Tech Upgrade ?
    Ship Upgrade ?
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    It would be really great if they gave away a free respec token.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    Page says "Upgrade-Gutschein". It's probably a ship upgrade token, but my German is a bit rusty.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Page says "Upgrade-Gutschein". It's probably a ship upgrade token, but my German is a bit rusty.​​

Yeah, that's "Upgrade Voucher". Pity, I really thought the Klingons would get the T5 Kamarag Retrofit to balance out the Feds getting the T5 Ambassador Retrofit earlier in the year...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Hmm... If true, I'm guessing 1 per account?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

So a ship upgrade token... not bad.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Um, yeah, "gutschein" is coupon. So it sounds like a ship upgrade token.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    definitely an upgrade voucher, does not specify once per account so I am hoping 1 per character, that is better then a ship IMO especially if you have multiple characters with the same T5 c-store ships.

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    A ship upgrade surely is nice. All in all I, as a spoiled hog, have to say I am a bit disappointed with those giveaways. I was at least hoping one of the early T5 ships would go with the upgrade token.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Upgrade tokens would be very cool, even better if it's one per character!

It would maybe encourage people to go out and buy C-store ships for the Admiralty system if they knew they could upgrade them for free.
    But then again T5-U is fast becoming less desirable as the volume of T6 ships rapidly increases.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Meh. I still have 3 of the 4 ship upgrades that came with the DR pack sitting unused in my bank, and no interest whatsoever in upgrading anything besides the Scimitar I used the one on.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    personally one upgrade token even at one per account goes a long way if you have more then 1 character on a faction.
    if its 1 token per character and if you have say 6 characters with 2 on each of the factions even more so.
    players could be looking at upgrading 2 ships for each character if used correctly or even more if players have more characters then this.

being as I have only ever used the upgrade tokens I got from the T6 Delta pack or from my lifetime sub I have a fair few T5 ships that could use an upgrade.

for example I was only ever able so far to upgrade 3 of the 9 ships I got in the dyson mega pack wouldn't it be cool to upgrade the rest.

• Options
    It's official. Ship Upgrade Token. One per account.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    lapisexillislapisexillis Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Where is it? Says under promotions tab. I see a hover board and 2 spec points.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,537 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »

What I'd like to know before claiming is how it is bound -- account-bound or character-bound? I don't have any T5 ships at the moment so if it's character-bound I'll need to guess which character is most likely to use it later.

• Options
    g0rb4gg0rb4g Member Posts: 57 Arc User

What I'd like to know before claiming is how it is bound -- account-bound or character-bound? I don't have any T5 ships at the moment so if it's character-bound I'll need to guess which character is most likely to use it later.

Account bound
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User

Account bound.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Apparently the upgrade token won't stack with the ones I got from DR pack, so now I have to waste another bank slot on it. Great.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    Apparently the upgrade token won't stack with the ones I got from DR pack, so now I have to waste another bank slot on it. Great.

Good thing we got 12 of them earlier.​​
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    lo
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    I'd guess the mirror uniforms or the DS9 uniform might be included? Both relevant here with the focus on the Cardassian revamp.

Usual giveaway tactic seems to be uniforms and smaller pet/services, small c-store items really.
    Maybe a ship for the last day but not really sure what kinda would be appropriate?

A T1 for the Admiralty system if they give ships away.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    OK, next giveaway speculation:

What will the QWW ship be this year?

If it isn't Breen?

Or Ferengi?
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    It's a breen dreadnought. Check the admiralty system.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    Winter ship is most likely the Breen Razketh Dreadnought T6... Whether it will get a graphic update like the Sarr Theln did last year or not, that is still in the wind...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Most likely will since the current model is rather primitive.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    The thing is, that was their excuse for the Crab-Theln we got last year; "The model's too primitive, it's just a kitbash of the Chell Grett"... and then they left the old model in the game for NPCs. (Don't get me wrong, I like the Sarr Theln, two of my characters use them, but I actually preferred the old model).
This discussion has been closed.