test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comedic/Interesting easter eggs, what have you found in STO?

Comments

• Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    In the Mission Delta Flight Tom Paris quotes a line from the TV Show Mission Impossible. Leonard Nimoy played a character named Paris on that show.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    ironmako wrote: »
    With all of the threads with people pushing on the negative aspects...?

What negative aspects? This is nothing compared to what was like in the forums last year with Delta Rising or even what is going with other MMOs. Take a look at SWTOR general forums to see what is nasty or negative. Not so much here...its the opposite and not bad at all..YET fancy normal-1.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    I STILL crack up even years later every time I hear the Airplane! themed announcements over the PA on ESD and my fleet starbase, informing visitors about the red zone or the white zone. I've never heard conflicting announcements but I'm sure the devs knew exactly what they were doing:

[minor swearing]
    http://youtu.be/wvdNCDVmRPo

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    There's a hard-to-get-to area in the Defera Invasion Zone where you can fall under the city and run around in a sort of purgatory.

CPJCE7QWoAA4BHU.jpg
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    That's not an Easter egg, that's a glitch. ;) Used to see that in certain Half-Life maps.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,630 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    When you level a Romulan you act like you are tal shiar, and your mission is to liberate a captive fed officer. They state their serial number is 24601, which is Valjean's prisoner number from Les Miserables
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    That's not an Easter egg, that's a glitch. ;) Used to see that in certain Half-Life maps.

True. I guess I interpreted the glitch as an easter egg. lol

Can't remember how they labelled it, but there's a "body shute" on ESD in the medical area.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Try talking to the timecop guy at your faction HQ. :D he has something cool to say about the hoverboard.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    Not an easter egg, but it did make me chuckle when I got a doff by the name of "Perv" in my roster.
    His service history was less than good.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    Not an easter egg, but it did make me chuckle when I got a doff by the name of "Perv" in my roster.
    His service history was less than good.

I got a DOFF named Top. He was a chef.

Top Chef. I LOL'ed. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    As long as he was not Talaxian ;)
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    As long as he was not Talaxian ;)

Actually, he was a Vulcan. About as opposite as you can get! I can only imagine how weird Neelix would've found that. ;)

• Options
    sfofficer123sfofficer123 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    hippiejon wrote: »
    Romulan Faction
    The entire episode "Gasko Blues" can be considered an homage to The Empire Strikes Back.
    When the Guy with the Geordi Visor was named Tobol - LOBOT backwards, Lobot being Lando's personal assistant. who had a "visor" opposite the way a trek visor would be worn - back of the head, I started looking for more fun easter eggs in that mission.

There are a few.

-Hippie-

On a similar note, the mission 'Revelation' (I think) has a ground map laid out like Stargate command with an Iconian gateway as the stargate.
  • Options
    Romulan Faction
    The entire episode "Gasko Blues" can be considered an homage to The Empire Strikes Back.
    When the Guy with the Geordi Visor was named Tobol - LOBOT backwards, Lobot being Lando's personal assistant. who had a "visor" opposite the way a trek visor would be worn - back of the head, I started looking for more fun easter eggs in that mission.

There are a few.

-Hippie-

On a similar note, the mission 'Revelation' (I think) has a ground map laid out like Stargate command with an Iconian gateway as the stargate.

Is that the one on Nopada with Sela? If it is, that would certainly explain why something was ringing a bell with me during that fight...

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited October 2015
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    there is a flux capacitor in midnight
    theres also a home box from Dr Who, one of the devs confirmed those on reddit somewhere. These are also available as a fleet project for your temporal lab
    Homebox.jpg
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    Kurland here..... in Midnight, clever easter egg or cryptic being a troll.... I'm on to you Geko *shifty eyes*
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    All the pick-up lines Desperate Trill tries at Club 47. :)
  • Options
    hawku001x wrote: »
    All the pick-up lines Desperate Trill tries at Club 47. :)

And if you stalk him for a while, watching him get kicked out by the bouncer!

• Options
    gulberat wrote: »
    Romulan Faction

There are a few.

-Hippie-
    Is that the one on Nopada with Sela? If it is, that would certainly explain why something was ringing a bell with me during that fight...
    The gate room map was originally from the episode Taris. The old one. But since it's deliberately reused later it looks the same.
    deokkent wrote: »
    When you level a Romulan you act like you are tal shiar, and your mission is to liberate a captive fed officer. They state their serial number is 24601, which is Valjean's prisoner number from Les Miserables
    o_O are you making that up, is that real? If so, that's freaking amazing you picked that up. That's one hell of an easter egg.
    It's also a reference to DS9, since they had that EP themed on it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    cincsaccincsac Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Top floor of Quark's

2mr7gpl.png
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    In Facility 4028, there's a mention of an S.S. Celestia.

One wonders if this could be a My Little Pony reference.
  • Options
    cincsac wrote: »
    Top floor of Quark's

2mr7gpl.png

What is that sitting on that chair? Did O'Brien leave one of his darts up there?

• Options
    jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    If you have an Excelsior-class ship and try to use transwarp, it may make a sputtering sound and die and not go anywhere. A nod to the U.S.S. Excelsior that was sabotaged by Scotty.
  • Options
    draco456217draco456217 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    you know sto treats f2p players better than swtor who treat you like you are lower than dirt. i should know i have f2p account for sto and swtor.
  • Options
    draco456217draco456217 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    if yall want proof swtor doesnt give you a bank, access to chat till lvl 10, lower than low credit cap, and when a character reaches lvl 20 you have to wait for an email which i have been waiting for it for at least 3 weeks now and nothing all for f2p players on swtor.
    need anymore evidence that swtor doesnt really freaking care about its f2p players
  • Options
    reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I always thought the unique DOFF "First Player" was odd. Not sure if it would be considered an easter egg.
  • Options
    I always thought the unique DOFF "First Player" was odd. Not sure if it would be considered an easter egg.
    Yeah, apparently Shakespeare didn't name all of the characters in Hamlet.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    ironmako wrote: »
    THis reminds me of when you have the shuttlecraft mission, where you go into the wormhole to deal with that ferengi. There is the cutscene where Eraun gives you the choice to kill her. In the background, there is a Jem'Hadar sprinting across the bridge behind Eraun for no reason!

Not only this, he uses the full speed running animation for it, so he's going in slow motion. Honestly, it's funny, but replaying that just shows how far this game has come. Even the stuff from Legacy of Romulus is looking a little dated compared to the FEs that came out since.

I always thought he was Bionic!​​
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.