test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Design Your Ship Final Round [Alpha Vs Omega]

Comments

• bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Since Unfortunately in the last Round (Epsilon vs Omega) the last coment was a Official NAY to the Superb looking Kitbash between Omega and Epsilon (with a Possible / optional Alpha style Pod on top) i will not Vote for anything in this Final Round, even so i was supporting Omega from the begining (minus the non existing secondary hull and the weird looking Nacceles) i just cant justify voting anymore for designs that look 50% good and 50% ugly, when there was a possible "third" option that could fix that.

No one was saying or asking to change the existing designs in mid vote, all we suggested was giving that third option - the Kitbash - a chance against the 2 original Designs, Alpha and Omega but i gues it was to unreasonable to expect that the playerbase comes up with an idea since its an "design YOUR ship" contest, silly me.

Sad seing that a brilliant idea was sunk without giving it a chance, the only bright side here is, that at least it will make sure that my money stays where it is, my account bank.

Well iam out of here, nothing that interests me anymore.

Completely agree. This competition is a farse, frankly. Why? Because WE didn't DESIGN anything. We were presented with a pre-determined set of ship designs; so someone please tell me; what exactly did we DESIGN?

No - we had no input into the actual design of the ship and this competiton is a misleading popularity contest. Nothing more.

We did design something, the kitbash which was a huge improvement on the ships overall

For the omega fans still screaming its the Jupiter or it looks larger and is a proper carrier cause it has multiple large hangar bays visible...just saying, you really think you will get more then 2? And suggest you recount the decks between alpha and omega, omega is more pancake sized sure its larger length wise from the profiling but its a pancake with straws attached to it...

honestly I refuse to participate in the next phase of this design YOUR ship TRIBBLE.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    "With fighters without teeth why do you need a carrier?"

To distract the Base Stars while the Battlestar jumps...wait...
    5rFUCPd.png

• thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    Damn when it all came down to it, I like the Alpha, she's got the right amount of smooth lines. The Omega looking at them side by side has interesting carrier abilities but those odd little bumps just fore of the positional thrusters on the saucer that just look like bizarre tumors than functional spaces and throw the style to me. Frankly I love the look of the alpha with it's pod and more powerful impulse engines, but love the old trek look of the Omega nacelles. Omega has only the one little impulse which bugs me as it would make her a slow hard to turn vessel, apt for carrier but harder to bring your fighter craft to bear on the enemy.

However I feel the End is going to beat the Beginning so why does it matter.

Might as well put this... https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/12/e6/18/12e618a3e4d31d159de37b0200726c6a.jpg
  • captainknight88captainknight88 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    Hyper you dont get it, we are not talking about submitting our own creation, we are talking about Cryptic providing for us several pieces of each component of the ship and let us choose which component we want.

Cryptic should have provided us with Nacelles, saucers, pylons etc etc of several different kinds and we should have voted in which ones we want it.

I said the same thing on page 8 people. Plus we have the right to ask, they claim they are giving us things we want, so tell them this is not fair or equal contest!!! Tell them what you want loudly and repeatedly!!! There will be new Starships after this event, needed upgrades on older Starships still in game. Keep adding your voice to better things and fix outdated things, like Enterprise NX and Enterprise 1701, still not upgraded and no paint styles can be used.
    Post edited by captainknight88 on
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    I been thinking (oh nooo). This contest is just too vague. I mean what if the omega is the size of the defiant and the alpha is the size of the sheshar or vice versa, or or or or. Know what I mean. I guess I should be happy were getting a real fed carrier but I can't get the other stuff out of my head. Personaly I'm leaning toward the Alpha but I also like the Omega. In the end, the designs seem so simular it doesn't matter who wins.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    I hope we don't fly them backwards. Did the Benthan ever get fixed?
  • farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    tymersto wrote: »
    I think what separates them for me is the way the hangars are arranged. The huge hangar bay doors on Omega just scream "SHOOT ME HERE" and would be a major tactical vulnerability, to me.

Actually for me, the launch/landing on the sides is what made #TeamOmega my choice.
    Now if we can get something like Alpha's nacelle design for the Omega...

Thank you for the time...

Omega screams bad TRIBBLE broadsider!

But this is a carrier?

• mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Omega reminds me of my old neighborhood, we used to have something similar that would fly to the streets and the people on board would tossed the news paper into our yards early in the morning.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega These ships are so similar overall its scary. However I think the Saucer on Omega does it for me. Looking at the more detailed pics it almost looks as if almost the entire straight side of the saucer could be launch bays. I may be totally misinterpreting the picture,, but that's what it looks like to me... also the front 1/3 of Omega's saucer just looks more menacing than the other. Imagine the Blueish tint from the accent lights turned Red when the ship goes into battle... THAT would be a pretty nice touch...
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    #TeamOmega
    hyefather wrote: »

No - although there is enough video evidence that could take it either way. Having said that... we can assume the carrier will not be flying nacelles first ;)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    hyefather wrote: »

No - although there is enough video evidence that could take it either way. Having said that... we can assume the carrier will not be flying nacelles first ;)
    Never say never:
    Nova_concepts.jpg​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Wow its that the old 1701D tech manual?
    5rFUCPd.png

• zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega seems to follow the design trend Starfleet has been using with the newer ships. The way the bridge, hull, and nacelles make it look like a tactical oriented carrier.
    Why do I still play and put money into STO?
    The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    bunansa wrote: »
    Since Unfortunately in the last Round (Epsilon vs Omega) the last coment was a Official NAY to the Superb looking Kitbash between Omega and Epsilon (with a Possible / optional Alpha style Pod on top) i will not Vote for anything in this Final Round, even so i was supporting Omega from the begining (minus the non existing secondary hull and the weird looking Nacceles) i just cant justify voting anymore for designs that look 50% good and 50% ugly, when there was a possible "third" option that could fix that.

No one was saying or asking to change the existing designs in mid vote, all we suggested was giving that third option - the Kitbash - a chance against the 2 original Designs, Alpha and Omega but i gues it was to unreasonable to expect that the playerbase comes up with an idea since its an "design YOUR ship" contest, silly me.

Sad seing that a brilliant idea was sunk without giving it a chance, the only bright side here is, that at least it will make sure that my money stays where it is, my account bank.

Completely agree. This competition is a farse, frankly. Why? Because WE didn't DESIGN anything. We were presented with a pre-determined set of ship designs; so someone please tell me; what exactly did we DESIGN?

No - we had no input into the actual design of the ship and this competiton is a misleading popularity contest. Nothing more.

We did design something, the kitbash which was a huge improvement on the ships overall

For the omega fans still screaming its the Jupiter or it looks larger and is a proper carrier cause it has multiple large hangar bays visible...just saying, you really think you will get more then 2? And suggest you recount the decks between alpha and omega, omega is more pancake sized sure its larger length wise from the profiling but its a pancake with straws attached to it...

honestly I refuse to participate in the next phase of this design YOUR ship TRIBBLE.

WE didnt design that, nor did WE all agree on it. WE, when it comes down to it, means YOU and a very tiny minority of the overall STO customer base who likes to comment on the forums ALOT. YOU are so angry over a silly pixel ship, YOU may need to disconnect for awhile.

#TeamAlpha
    scarling wrote: »

WE didnt design that, nor did WE all agree on it. WE, when it comes down to it, means YOU and a very tiny minority of the overall STO customer base who likes to comment on the forums ALOT. YOU are so angry over a silly pixel ship, YOU may need to disconnect for awhile.

I am sorry what? We is a term that can be used when more then one person agreed on something, your right were a minority, telling me I comment on the forums a lot or telling me to disconnect for awhile is very rude, since I neither am angry of a silly pixel ship nor comment on the forums a lot...I could name a dozen people who have over 5k posts, I haven't even broken 800 in 5 years.

• maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    And now we resort to attacking each other, ya.....whatever. I honestly don't for a minute believe this contest was as open to chance as people would like to believe, I think we have gone in a direction that was planned from the start.
    If people enjoy this design as it is, more power to them. I don't wish them ill. But it really doesn't appeal to me, not in a way that would make me spend money. Frankly the Command ships were perfectly suited to be outfitted as carriers, having the necessary bulk while still retaining a stylish Starfleet look. We didn't need a ship that looks like a household appliance with holes cut in it, but there are those that for some unfathomable reason like the Jupiter abomination, and I think all of this is meant to appease them. They may have it, but I suspect once they get it, they won't be happy with it. Cryptic has yet to produce a ship that really satisfies peoples expectations.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Wow.. some of you need to just stop.. the design you liked didn't win or isn't winning and you are acting really immature. Insulting and attacking anyone who doesn't agree with your views... give it a rest already.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Alpha of course

but um so we waited a few extra days to start this but no new versions of the ship profiles or anything??
    The final design will be getting a full paint over. Similar to something like this.
    EDIT: Except not Romulan
    DOUBLE EDIT: Probably not green either.

Make it so!
    :blush:
    #TeamAlpha
    maxvitor wrote: »
    And now we resort to attacking each other, ya.....whatever. I honestly don't for a minute believe this contest was as open to chance as people would like to believe, I think we have gone in a direction that was planned from the start.
    If people enjoy this design as it is, more power to them. I don't wish them ill. But it really doesn't appeal to me, not in a way that would make me spend money. Frankly the Command ships were perfectly suited to be outfitted as carriers, having the necessary bulk while still retaining a stylish Starfleet look. We didn't need a ship that looks like a household appliance with holes cut in it, but there are those that for some unfathomable reason like the Jupiter abomination, and I think all of this is meant to appease them. They may have it, but I suspect once they get it, they won't be happy with it. Cryptic has yet to produce a ship that really satisfies peoples expectations.

Actually I was pretty impressed with the Vesta, I am hoping for a t6 with a ltc uni/intel seat and aux beams and aux turrets to go with the aux cannons, maybe 2 uni ltc seats, but that's pushing it.

• ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Team Alpha. The more I look at Omega, the less I want to look at Omega.

I do believe you're confusing the Jupiter Class Dreadnought with the Typhoon Class Battleship.

im not confusing anything, go look up the Jupiter 2 from lost in space, that's the omega design with nacelles strapped on it, very fragile ones, I know what both ships look like ive been here since beta, the silly point im trying to make is I don't think the Jupiter fanboys even know what they are looking at, they keep voting Omega cause its the Jupiter when its clearly not, now if the omega had a slightly larger hull and the nacelles jutted out from top and bottom like the actual Jupiter did, then yes I could see the similarity, as is, side by side, only a top down view is even close to what they keep hoping for, they see something that isn't there.

??? The Jupiter2 I know was kind of a Frisbee with a ring of flashy lights on the bottom.
    #TeamAlpha
    ssbn655 wrote: »

I do believe you're confusing the Jupiter Class Dreadnought with the Typhoon Class Battleship.

im not confusing anything, go look up the Jupiter 2 from lost in space, that's the omega design with nacelles strapped on it, very fragile ones, I know what both ships look like ive been here since beta, the silly point im trying to make is I don't think the Jupiter fanboys even know what they are looking at, they keep voting Omega cause its the Jupiter when its clearly not, now if the omega had a slightly larger hull and the nacelles jutted out from top and bottom like the actual Jupiter did, then yes I could see the similarity, as is, side by side, only a top down view is even close to what they keep hoping for, they see something that isn't there.

??? The Jupiter2 I know was kind of a Frisbee with a ring of flashy lights on the bottom.

na the new one from the movie, which had tons of potential but went absolutely no where. I mean seriously Gary Oldman as Doctor Smith was good casting, it was just a bad script/story for the reboot. In the land of Hollywood though, reboots happen every 10 years or less these days.

• thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    I'd take pieces of every ship they have had in the running and build it from there. Let us Kitbash like a true trekie modeler usually has to, hell I'll even simplify it. I'll merely use the bits we have been given here.

I prefer Alpha's Top half of the saucer. That Includes it's mission pod. There is a start. Beta has a really nice secondary hull, so I'll use that. Gamma's got a solid lower primary hull, add that. Delta's hind end of it's secondary hull slapped onto the back of Beta's hull to provide a bit more chunkiness and flow, not to mention standard shuttle bays for diplomatic missions. IF we must have a quad engine design I really prefer the symmetry of Epsilon's engines, and the fact they're straight. Enough curved engines. I'd rather not warp to New Romulus Initial D style. Theta really didn't do anything for me at all so I didn't bother taking anything but the tip of it's saucer from it so I didn't end up with two deflector dishes. Sigma is just a Epsilon with curved engines.. so yeah really didn't take anything from that one. Finally i think everyone seems to have liked Omega's fighter bays. Threw those in. Using my crappy MS Paint Skillz I have created something I could probably stand to fly.

2rcvr6w.png

You give us the pieces, a limited budget and some racing stripes and we'll make some of the most Iconic looking ships that people not into Star Trek can recognize. Give me twenty minutes with this computer patching your game since noon and the pictures you provided and I can make this. No I don't call this Iconic at all. Hell if I had a choice I'd probably be different but like Burt Gummer, I do what I can, with what I got.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    ssbn655 wrote: »

na the new one from the movie, which had tons of potential but went absolutely no where. I mean seriously Gary Oldman as Doctor Smith was good casting, it was just a bad script/story for the reboot. In the land of Hollywood though, reboots happen every 10 years or less these days.

Never saw it to be honest. Never liked the TV series either. Dr. Smith gave me the creeps as a kid.
  • majorlightningmajorlightning Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    It was a hard choice to make...

I wish we could just have both. :smiley:
    Unity - Duty - Destiny
  • sabrevt1100sabrevt1100 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    I didn't vote. Just really couldn't get into any of the designs. I'll stick with Akira carrier.
    "Bite Me! It's Fun." - Crow T. Robot
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    #TeamOmega

I am sorry what? We is a term that can be used when more then one person agreed on something, your right were a minority, telling me I comment on the forums a lot or telling me to disconnect for awhile is very rude, since I neither am angry of a silly pixel ship nor comment on the forums a lot...I could name a dozen people who have over 5k posts, I haven't even broken 800 in 5 years.

No, but throughout this thread, YOU HAVE been coming across as extremely butthurt.

Both the Alpha and Omega have shades of the Jupiter in their design. I went with Omega because it looks sleeker. The Alpha looks like a giant Roman gladiator's, or Spanish Conquistador's, helmet with nacelles stuck on it. Not because it's a exact copy of the Jupiter with a hotrod makeover.

I will admit that I like the Jupiter. And I'm glad that the new carrier will bear some similarities to it. But getting all TRIBBLE-y, and acting like a jerk toward fans of the Jupiter or Omega supporters doesn't score you any points. In fact, it makes you and a few others who have made snide remarks look immature.

• millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega's definitely got the makings of a Starfleet carrier without some of the more generic Starfleet starship details Alpha has, in my opinion.

I mean, look at those hangers! Also, Jupiter!

Though I do like some of the bits on the Alpha, like the nacelles, but still, Omega's got a lot going on for it, visually.
    #TeamAlpha

No, but throughout this thread, YOU HAVE been coming across as extremely butthurt.

Both the Alpha and Omega have shades of the Jupiter in their design. I went with Omega because it looks sleeker. The Alpha looks like a giant Roman gladiator's, or Spanish Conquistador's, helmet with nacelles stuck on it. Not because it's a exact copy of the Jupiter with a hotrod makeover.

I will admit that I like the Jupiter. And I'm glad that the new carrier will bear some similarities to it. But getting all TRIBBLE-y, and acting like a jerk toward fans of the Jupiter or Omega supporters doesn't score you any points. In fact, it makes you and a few others who have made snide remarks look immature.

Getting called out again, please stop folks, specially since the shoe doesn't fit exactly, there has been more then just me who have said stuff about the Jupiter, my beef is I don't see how it looks like it, ive even tossed jokes down saying the dress is gold and white right? but no that seems to go over a few heads, its fine, but keep calling me out specifically, I am still not upset at the Jupiter thing, im upset that the idea to kitbash didn't met with wide open arms but whatever on that too.

Long as I keep getting called out its all good.

• oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    #TeamOmega

Getting called out again, please stop folks, specially since the shoe doesn't fit exactly, there has been more then just me who have said stuff about the Jupiter, my beef is I don't see how it looks like it, ive even tossed jokes down saying the dress is gold and white right? but no that seems to go over a few heads, its fine, but keep calling me out specifically, I am still not upset at the Jupiter thing, im upset that the idea to kitbash didn't met with wide open arms but whatever on that too.

Long as I keep getting called out its all good.

Not calling you out, since that's against Forum rules.

Just making an observation. That's all.