Design Your Ship Final Round [Alpha Vs Omega]

Comments

• wakeoflovewakeoflove Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    a
    kelshando wrote: »
    kelettes wrote: »
    swamarian wrote: »
    So, next step is build. I'm curious what that entails.

I'm guessing it'll involve weapons, console and BOff-seat layout :smile:

Model will hash out the chosen design a bit more, and get her a final paint job.

Then, release.

Maaaaybe we'll get to hit it with a bottle of champagne and give her class a name too.

That last option sounds brilliant if they actually allow us to do that. Also, here's hoping that when we vote for the build of the ship, no one goes ahead and instantly jumps to voting the DPS only build that makes absolutely no sense for a carrier.

Ya but people want a carrier to be able to compete... right now STO's meta is dps, dps and oh more dps.. and since carriers cant depend on there fighters and such for that dps.. the only way is to have the carrier itself have fire power... I would love to see a carrier work like there supposed to but I can see people voting for a more dps centered build just so they can compete.

Science ships can get some pretty high DPS though through gravity wells and the like. I really hope this doesn't turn into a tac ship. Tactical has gotten rather boring for me, I have been having fun trying out different space magics through science. Though in the past I wanted plenty of tactical and often prefer ships with plenty of engineering. Hmm... I don't know how versatile the devs plan to make this ship, but I think a lt.com tac, lt.com eng, commander sci and lt.com universal would maintain the ship's science heavy nature as all carriers were pre-lockbox, while giving enough versatility to give tac oriented people plenty of pew, eng oriented people plenty of potential, and sci oriented people heaps to work with. (alternatively it could be a lt. universal and ensign universal if all that lt.com would be "too much" though the tempest could easily have a tactical commander version of my proposed build at t6 >>)

I would also give this build to the klingon t6 voquv when it comes out since proper faction carriers are so very scarce, and are unlikely to suddenly multiply. As such, the apparent "one" each side gets should be quite versatile.

I realize that such a layout could easily step on the toes of the atrox and karfi should they make t6 appearances (I do not consider these ships to be "proper" faction carriers what with them being alien in origin despite being faction specific). But they would likely face an uphill battle anyway what with not being proper fed/kdf anyway. So, maybe to spice them up they could lack the same versatility but have an extra special advantage by giving them two commander seats. I know, I know "OP!" many will shout, but I really don't think so. The karfi could have a tactical commander and a science commander, and atrox could have a engineer commander and science commander.

This would make them special little snowflakes that the versatile build of the faction's main carrier wouldn't necessarily crush, and each would be rather gimped in one department, karfi's engineering limitations, and atrox's severely limited tac. And with no universals, they would lack versatility but trade it for higher levels of their primary departments.

Birds of prey get the extra special magic of having all universal bridge officer seating, perhaps these two alien carriers can have the extra special magic of having two commanders, one for each hangar.
    NebulaOdyssey1_zpsqjc6anjg.jpg
    The Nebula-configured Odyssey needs to be a thing.
    #TeamOmega
    messahla wrote: »
    this is far closer then i thought when does the voting end?

I didn't expect one to win by a landslide, but as I expected, one took an early lead and kept it till the end. The voting should conclude tonight at midnight, probably pacific standard time.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,502 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    wakeoflove wrote: »

I didn't expect one to win by a landslide, but as I expected, one took an early lead and kept it till the end. The voting should conclude tonight at midnight, probably pacific standard time.

Yep, in roughly about 90 mins the voting ends. However judging by facebooks votes, Omega has a slight lead there too. So unless the french/german pages or twitter has a alpha landside, we may have our carrier

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    TRIBBLE. so the jupiter fan boys get their glowing target ship. ugh.

I wish they wouldve built both alpha and omega i dont see why were forced with one or the other when both are solid designs , and if it werent for the federation needing a solid carrier i wouldve voted alpha its a much more pleasent looking design.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    TRIBBLE. so the jupiter fan boys get their glowing target ship. ugh.

I wish they wouldve built both alpha and omega i dont see why were forced with one or the other when both are solid designs , and if it werent for the federation needing a solid carrier i wouldve voted alpha its a much more pleasent looking design.

If we're only choosing one maybe that means it will be a 3 pack and KDF and RR will get something too!
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    Lol @ the finalists. What a spectacular waste of an otherwise good idea for community involvement. At least you tried, Cryptic.

#AnythingButOmega
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    We should have had 3 designing events, 1 for Feds, 1 for Klingons and one for Romulans, so that way each faction could have got a new carrier
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • blaze1006blaze1006 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Will they be making a model for the Romulan and Klingon factions too?
  • raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    I'll be curious when they announce the winner.

From the forum vote, it looks like Omega has the lead 1511 votes (and 55% of the vote.)
    I'm not sure what the twitter and facebook numbers are.

Perhaps the carrier will be one of the giveaways this week. ; )

Chris
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
    Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    It's quite possible that we'll see the other designs in the future, just not as Carriers.
    I can't imagine that Cryptic will spend time and money on making new designs and then not eventually use them.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    daveyny wrote: »
    It's quite possible that we'll see the other designs in the future, just not as Carriers.
    I can't imagine that Cryptic will spend time and money on making new designs and then not eventually use them.

You don't know cryptic very well then, the maco costumes from Enterprise are in the game, just not on our version of the build, google it, tons of pictures when LoR was being tested.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    #TeamOmega

Apparently, Trendy has already collected the votes from here, so I guess voting has been over already. Any votes after she counted them (midnight, her timezone I assume), probably do not count.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    We should have had 3 designing events, 1 for Feds, 1 for Klingons and one for Romulans, so that way each faction could have got a new carrier
    This was never a "designing" event, this was a multiple choice with poor choices. Alpha and Omega aren't that different, but I would like to see options to change the engine/pylon layout and add the pod, but we probably won't get that because after all, "This is the ship people chose".

If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Please please please Trendy, Tell me Omega has won! :D
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    when do we get an update, i was thinking wed be voting for the build type already?
    #TeamOmega
    jordan3550 wrote: »
    when do we get an update, i was thinking wed be voting for the build type already?

They are probably holding off the announcement until the artist has time to draw the full orthographic trendy said would be produced once the winner was selected. They may have that done by monday, at which point the process may continue.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Last I checked she was still tallying the votes from all the sources World Wide!
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    primar13 wrote: »
    Last I checked she was still tallying the votes from all the sources World Wide!

I asked her over Twitter a day or two ago, and she's apparently been done counting already. I imagine any votes cast after she finished are not counted.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
    #TeamOmega
    im shocked we were not told the contest was over just left to scratch out collective heads and then there are those people who may have come late thinking thier vote is going to be counted not relising the contest has ended.

at the very least the vote option should be stopped
  • vakna4837vakna4837 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Chill out guys, it's the weekend, they'll be back in the office on Monday and that's when you'll get the confirmation.
    #TeamOmega
    vakna4837 wrote: »
    Chill out guys, it's the weekend, they'll be back in the office on Monday and that's when you'll get the confirmation.

I think you misinterpited my post as hostile it is not im betting miss trendy was very busy what with tabulating the votes and what not i was more concerned for those players who may not know the voting is over.
  • diggingcrumpetdiggingcrumpet Member Posts: 88 Bug Hunter
    #TeamAlpha
    Has anyone speculated as to when the ship might be released?
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Imo they'd reeeeally have to rush it if they want the christening done on the day of S11 release.

Unlikely.

Some time after S11 drops maybe. My bet's on Nov. / first half of Dec.

"Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Excellent idea Trendy I hope to see this again. Unfortunate that y'all used a Jupiter replica which won for nostalgic reasons. It's so ugly I could never fly one and I won't.

You've helped me understand why ship design should be left to the professionals. I just keep imagining which of those nice designs they might have chosen like the beautiful Sigma.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    The Beginning and the End. Alpha versus Omega! Vote in the final round of Design Your Ship as two designs face off. Who will win? You decide by voting with ‪#‎TeamAlpha‬ or ‪#‎TeamOmega‬

Now's your chance to vote on which design you prefer! Your votes will determine what ship is built in a single-elimination voting tournament. As the tournament progresses, we will continue to update the designs with more detail!

Our final round features the Alpha and Omega designs! Which one do you prefer Captains? Let us know in the forums, Facebook, and Twitter.

#TeamOmega is AWESOME!

BUT! I think EVERY CRYPTIC DEV KNOWS how AWESOME the MULTI MISSION POD on #TeamAlpha 's starship is! And! So I am HOPE -ing that they will include that aspect into one of the options that we players end up getting in the ship outfitter as another "skin" for the #TeamOmega Starship!

PALL!

T9​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    im shocked we were not told the contest was over just left to scratch out collective heads and then there are those people who may have come late thinking thier vote is going to be counted not relising the contest has ended.

at the very least the vote option should be stopped
    The page was changed on Friday to say "Polls are closed"
  • electrumleopardelectrumleopard Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Question: Now that the Design-A-Ship design has been settled on, will the artists be using an art streaming service to show off the modeling and/or other processes?