test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admiralty system rewards are junk

With every R&D in 999 stacks listed so cheap and in such abundance why would i spend 100s of millions of ec on ships for a reward that is completely useless ? There are more 999 stacks of blues and purples then there are of singles listed . So for the price of 1 lobi ship you could buy a years worth of admiralty rewards and save yourself the time and headache. So either cryptic needs to fix the exploit in the game allowing people to farm literally millions of R&D materials at ease or take R&D materials out of the rewards for the system . Im not going to waste my time or money on a system with worthless R&D materials for the reward when some exploiter can make them appear out of thin air. Ill just give him my ec instead of your admirality system . So fix the exploit already.

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    well... You seem upset somehow?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    He's not making enough money off his R&D stuff
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    anazonda wrote: »

It sounds to me like he thinks that there's an exploit in the the game that allows people to get a load of R&D materials and they're putting them on the exchange?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png

It sounds to me like he thinks that there's an exploit in the the game that allows people to get a load of R&D materials and they're putting them on the exchange?

R&D Materials are super cheap to buy and easy to obtain. This is a good thing for people that like to upgrade things without breaking the bank.
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User

Indeed... However, he gave no proof, and did'n really elaborate on how this relates to the admiralty system.

Seems to me, he is not entirely sure what he is upset about.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User

It's not THAT hard to rack up resources. DOFFing and doing scans here and there, on top of regular queue rewards can rack you up resources with time. Most especially so if the player has no intention of doing crafting but selling the mats. My Fed TAC that does crafting here and there has so many resources that she has 3 open slots left in her R&D Inventory Tab.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User
    So he's saying the Admiralty system is junk unless it returns 100 zen per mission?

Some of us buy ships to fly ships. Some of us play the game to have fun, not to grind. /insufferable_smugness
    It is a simple thing that just gives a bit of added value to the ships that were purchased. That is it.
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • macready08macready08 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Sorry but 60 999 stacks all priced at the same price isnt extra R&d leftover from your daily mission its a massive exploit .
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User

Indeed... However, he gave no proof, and did'n really elaborate on how this relates to the admiralty system.

I think one of the few Admiralty blogs so far has stated that one of the "key" rewards that'll come out of the Admiralty system, especially the "not hyper important storyline ones" is crafting stuffs, materials, components, books, catalysts, etc.

And he figures there must be "some sort of Exploit going on", that is causing the market to "bottom out", as he says, there's more "full stacks" of Crafting Mats being offloaded than people offloading a day's or week's haul...

Therefore, he's complaining that if Crafting Materials aren't replaced with something more... substantial... he's going to invest his "resources" into other gameplay aspects and bypass the Admiralty system.

Personally, I'm taking this thread as "his loss", sounds like the experience points available from the system will "far outweigh" the amount of "work" being put in - since it's essentially "Doffing with Starships" and I'll be able to work my handful of >52<60s up to 60 over maybe a few weeks of "once a morning 5-10 minute check-ins"...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Depends, if you play the admirality stuff with ships you have... what can you lose? Nothing!
    You get a lot of free stuff (Ships, R&D Material, Salvaged Technology...).
    You can only lose if you start to buy additional zen/Lobi and lockbox Ships solely for the admirality shipcard.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    there is no reason you should need to buy ships to use the admiralty system, any ships you currently have will be good enough especially if you have any ships from the events they run every year.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    Haven't read up a whole lot but it seems the op's anger is misplaced.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Yeah, and if maint timers get fixed before it goes live, we won't need that many ships. Currently there is a glitch that causes maint not to start until you collect rewards.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    When people manipulate the market they sell for more then they pay.this is not the case here these are the lowest prices ever . And its not just 60 999 stacks. I've cleared the 60 stacks multiple times and another batch pops right back up.There is not enough time in to farm that many materials in a day a week even a month unless there is a huge exploit.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User
    macready08 wrote: »
    When people manipulate the market they sell for more then they pay.this is not the case here these are the lowest prices ever . And its not just 60 999 stacks. I've cleared the 60 stacks multiple times and another batch pops right back up.There is not enough time in to farm that many materials in a day a week even a month unless there is a huge exploit.

Asian gold farmers. They harvest all day, spam zone chat all night.

• kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    22203906305_157af1dfe4_z.jpg

Everything you see there except the catalysts and tech upgrades I got through drops from DOff missions and PVE queues. The 134 Radiogenic particles are entirely from PVE queues, same for the 39 Trellium-K.

It's not hard. Just DOff science and exploration assignments every day and do some PVE queues every day. Over time it accumulates. It doesn't surprise me there are stacks of 999 on the exchange. I only run a few queues a day. There are players out there who do them all the time, like all day.

If I can get stacks of 999 mats anyone can do it.
    I don't see your 60 999 stacks in screenshot.now add up how long it took you to do that. Its not rocket science there is no legitimate way to farm as many mats that are on the exchange. This isn't a 999 stack here and a 100 stack there this is 60 999 stacks all listed at exact same price which means same person.if you can't see that there is an exploit you are blind ignorant or using the exploit. And its not just 60 999 stacks I told you I've cleared the 60 999 stacks multiple times. And boom another 60 pop up. This is not someone farming queues.
    And I'm not talking about greens I'm talking about blues and purples which you have no 999 stacks.
    Actually... a lot of people CHOOSE not to undercut and will sell exactly at the same price as the cheapest listed.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Yeah I know markhawkman its really 60 different people listing at the same price sorry my bad.
    Maybe not 60, but still more than one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    So I challenge anyone to come up with a legitamate method to even farm 999 of each material with a full account of toons I bet you can't come close
  • xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    Buy mats and resell when prices change would be a very realistic method to get stacks.

Also playing the game. I'm sure I'm the exception but I tend to find a material or two every now and again while playing. Multiply times thousands of players and it's very reasonable.
    xparr15 wrote: »
    Buy mats and resell when prices change would be a very realistic method to get stacks.

Also playing the game. I'm sure I'm the exception but I tend to find a material or two every now and again while playing. Multiply times thousands of players and it's very reasonable.
    Yeah, this seems to be the result of many people deciding to sell at around the same time.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    No offense OP but I think you are confusing hard grinding with exploiting if you are a casual player yes it takes a long time to gather that any materials but if you grind all day and do doff it doesn't take too long. Also you are assuming that 1 person is selling all those mats not multiple people. Anyone who runs the market knows that to sell you have to match or go lower for a quick sale.
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2015

There are assignments in the Admirality system that award various crafting materials. Including rare, very rare, and ultra rare. Yes, you can actually get Salvaged Technology materials from it. On a critical success you can get several very rare materials and maybe a couple Salvaged Tech.

Edit: I have 15 characters, so, yay me. B)
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    22203906305_157af1dfe4_z.jpg

Everything you see there except the catalysts and tech upgrades I got through drops from DOff missions and PVE queues. The 134 Radiogenic particles are entirely from PVE queues, same for the 39 Trellium-K.

It's not hard. Just DOff science and exploration assignments every day and do some PVE queues every day. Over time it accumulates. It doesn't surprise me there are stacks of 999 on the exchange. I only run a few queues a day. There are players out there who do them all the time, like all day.

If I can get stacks of 999 mats anyone can do it.

Given the number of cataylsts you have, I'd say you've been opening a ton of R&D packs. Perhaps in attempt to get special offer ships?

Either way, I got far more materials than that and even I'm not complaining. You can easily burn R&D mats with Science Starbase Donations. And you could easily burn up materials in crafting items and sell that to the vendor for some EC. You could give the cheaper materials to a new player to help them. Or worst case, sell it to vendors / trash them.

But the Admirality system will be a boon for a ton of players who have trouble earning R&D materials. Especially Very Rare materials.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2015

There are assignments in the Admirality system that award various crafting materials. Including rare, very rare, and ultra rare. Yes, you can actually get Salvaged Technology materials from it. On a critical success you can get several very rare materials and maybe a couple Salvaged Tech.

Edit: I have 15 characters, so, yay me. B)

Yeah, but...
    The OP is complaining about an exploit...
    In the Admiralty System...
    Now...
    Before it launches...
    Based on Exchange postings...
    Now...

Am I missing something?

[EDIT] Yes, yes I was.

Re-reading it, it sounds more like the OP is complaining about how hard some other person or persons are grinding out R&D Materials, or the fact that some folks open R&D Packs from the C-Store... and then complaining about the Admiralty System not being shiny enough. Not that there's an exploit in the Admiralty System, but rather that grinding like an Orion Dancer and opening R&D Packs is an exploit. Right?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    macready08 wrote: »
    Sorry but 60 999 stacks all priced at the same price isnt extra R&d leftover from your daily mission its a massive exploit .

We had a multi-week long CC event where people hoarded tons of all those R&D boxes. Some of course dumped the materials which started a downward trend in pricing. Those of us that were hoarding them, were waiting for the R&D weekend to open all of them up. That further flooded the market with cheap materials. We also had the R&D promo which further added to large amounts of materials being dumped onto the exchange. Then all those with EC to invest, bought many stacks of cheap materials to sell later. I did it. And I know of one spacerich guy that was also doing it as he was telling me about the many, many stacks of things he had purchased. There are many sitting on stacks and stacks of these things that they purchased at cheap prices over the years.