test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What are your hopes and dreams for a possible DS9 station revamp?

Personally, I'd like a few more areas of the station to explore (habitat ring perhaps) and an updated Quarks (with a running Vic Fontaine hologram in one of the holosuites). And maybe a spawn point at either a docking door or transporter pad. Beaming in in the middle of the Promenade always seems weird. My main desire is a Vic and his club that I can interact with; I'd love an excuse to pull out my snazzy suit!

Comments

• Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Playable Tongo in Quarks.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Personally, I'd like a few more areas of the station to explore (habitat ring perhaps) and an updated Quarks (with a running Vic Fontaine hologram in one of the holosuites). And maybe a spawn point at either a docking door or transporter pad. Beaming in in the middle of the Promenade always seems weird. My main desire is a Vic and his club that I can interact with; I'd love an excuse to pull out my snazzy suit!

All of these seem like neat ideas. :)

All in all though, I would just like a more authentic look instead of the overly cheery look most of the station has.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    I remember once upon a time, I think Tacofangs stated he'd love to add in the Sick Bay and various other areas, if he were allowed to revamp DS9. So yeah, I'd say let him go for it to his heart's content.
    And yeah, personally, I'd love to beam in to a transporter room. Or at least have us spawn in at a docking port airlock.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    That Admiral D'Vak and Commander Roxy are reassigned. The poor souls have been stuck in that office since the reputation system was introduced bored out of their minds.​​
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    coupaholic wrote: »
    That Admiral D'Vak and Commander Roxy are reassigned. The poor souls have been stuck in that office since the reputation system was introduced bored out of their minds.​​

I agree. They are no longer needed as the system has changed. (besides, where were these 'elite' soldiers when the Jem'hadar took the station in 'The 2900' FE series? Awol? :s )

In addition to that, this is what I posted in another thread: arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1204651/season-11-and-ds9

- Moving the Medical officer out of the cafeteria and into the Infirmary.

- Moving the factional turn-in Security Officers out of the Replimat and next to the Security Office. (Oh, and while were at it, can we please get a copy/paste of these two into New Romulus Command Center? :D)

- Adding the 'hinted at' main Transporter pads the station is supposed to have (as well as making the pads in Ops functional by adding a 'Beam to ship' dialog box there)

- Moving the ship 'parking spots' at DS9. I think there are different size ship parking spots clustered together between the upper docking arms of the station. (You can see for yourself at most stations - smaller ships tend to cluster together, larger ships also cluster together, when generated when someone beams off the station and 'transforms" into their ship in space). It would be easy (in my head anyway - lol) to distribute these size-oriented 'parking spots' to three places at DS9, relieving the mess that the current parking situation entails (a giant ball of ships all crammed between the upper docking arms) while adding a much more canon feel to the station. Simply sprinkle the small and medium-sized parking spots AROUND the middle docking ring of the station and split the large parking spots to a 50/50 mix above and BELOW the station thus utilizing all six docking arms for large ships. This way small "Defiant"-sized ships park around the Docking Ring and large "Enterprise-D"-sized ships use both the upper and lower docking arms (just as seen on TV!).
  • Options
    letsfadeawayletsfadeaway Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    What I would like to see are some quality of life changes (for all "main hubs"):
    Exchange, bank and ship selector all in one room/area right next to the spot where you beam down.
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    i do want ot see the med bay a walk in room on the inside like its supposed to be and have quarks also part of the main area as well rather than segregated off and have us beam into a transporter room i mean i never understood why we never beamed into ops transporter pad at the very least.
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Re-scale of the station to its correct size. And the only reference that should matter is from the first episode when the Enterprise D was docked with it.
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    Use the new DS9 from the novels.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    What I would like to see are some quality of life changes (for all "main hubs"):
    Exchange, bank and ship selector all in one room/area right next to the spot where you beam down.

That is.... really boring, and doesn't exactly encourage you to go out and explore any of the social hubs in question.

Why bother going to Sick Bay looking for a doctor to fix you up, when they happen to be right there in the same room as the Chief Engineer, Dock Master, and a simple console dedicated to the Galactic Exchange?
    By that logic, why design any more of any social hub other than just that one room adjacent to the beam-in point? It's not like you need to have separate rooms for your mission contacts; being in the future and all, you can simply ring them up over a comm line.

..... dude, seriously. Going out and walking around a social hub to access the various features and utility functions isn't going to kill you.
    As it stands, several of these kinds of characters are already fairly close to each other depending on what hub you're in (ESD has all the ship related ones literally all next to each other behind two long desks).
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Sigh. If it's going to be done, it will be done properly. Adding the sickbay, security offices/brig, transporters, promenade shops, assay office, docking arms, accurate Quarks/holosuits etc.

If Taco is given the go ahead it will be even more accurate than the shows version (as it will be a full circle not a half-circle).

He has the studio plans he knows what to add, he's not going to miss anything out.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    Changing the zone-in point is a good start, but will it be transporter or airlock?
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,871 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    artan42 wrote: »
    Sigh. If it's going to be done, it will be done properly. Adding the sickbay, security offices/brig, transporters, promenade shops, assay office, docking arms, accurate Quarks/holosuits etc..​​

All those, plus something worth shopping for. I know NPC vendors have been irrelevant more or less since the game launched but this would is an opportunity to add worthwhile, large cost, EC items (such as minor customization unlocks, pets, and buffs.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    Sigh. If it's going to be done, it will be done properly. Adding the sickbay, security offices/brig, transporters, promenade shops, assay office, docking arms, accurate Quarks/holosuits etc..​​

All those, plus something worth shopping for. I know NPC vendors have been irrelevant more or less since the game launched but THIS would finally add the opportunity to add worthwhile, large cost, EC items (such as minor customization unlocks and buffs.)

Oh man, that would be nice.
    Maybe also weapons from vendors that go up to at least green or blue quality, too.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    captz1pp wrote: »
    Changing the zone-in point is a good start, but will it be transporter or airlock?

Before the forums moved again there was a discussion thread in the Art Subforum. I think the gist was (from Taco) that you can beam down into the promenade transporters or into the cargo bay/docking arm then interact with the door and be teleported to the promenade.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,871 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    Oh man, that would be nice.
    Maybe also weapons from vendors that go up to at least green or blue quality, too.

They even have a head start on content, just throw out some of the remaining NPC clothes options (such as generic civ/sci jacket) that aren't available to players.

Last season they added some automatically. Now just put a little theater around the rest.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I want it to be larger, at least on the interior.

I want there to be a habitat section, where players can actually have an apartment (player housing which could then lead to a whole other bunch of customization options).

I want to see actual docking bays and cargo bays, appropriately decorated, with windows to see outside.

A medbay.

Respective factional embassies would also be nice, too.

More music variety in Quark's.
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    After reading through these postings,,, I suddenly have the urge to have a DS9 best of marathon on Netflix...Think ill start with the end of season 1 and work my way on from there.. and of course,, HAVE to watch the Q episode,, just for the punch in the face...

More on Topic,, would be GREAT to see DS9 get the same treatment ESD has gotten. Make the map more show accurate with just a touch of modernization,, not overly done,, but just enough upgrades to show that time has passed.
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    I'd like a bridge officer skill trainer on DS9.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User

Isn't there one in Ops already? Or is that just a boff vendor? I forget.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Add the Klingon restaurant. That'd be awesome. :*
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »

Isn't there one in Ops already? Or is that just a boff vendor? I forget.

In Ops there is a bridge officer vendor but only for Federation players.

Aside from a boff trainer, there are other things I'd like to see:

Odo's security office, hopefully with the jail in back. They can place the security officers you turn contraband into in this office. Makes perfect sense.

An actual sick bay so the chief medical officer isn't standing in a corner near the exchange.

Quark's: spiral staircase leading to the upper level as well as an entrance to the bar from the upper level of the ring, as seen on the TV show.

Get rid of all the sick NPCs wandering around that cough all over the place. (Or let us put them out of their misery >:) )

Have some actual Bajoran NPCs wandering around, instead of just a mash of aliens.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    rickdanko wrote: »

Ewwwww, please NO. The fact that STO has not gone with that monstrosity is one of the things I like better here than in the novelverse.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I would like to see the following added:

The Zócalo

Sections of the space station color coded, for example, Red sector, Blue sector, etc.

Transportation to get around the ship, like a monrail.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    I would like to see the following added:

The Zócalo

Sections of the space station color coded, for example, Red sector, Blue sector, etc.

Transportation to get around the ship, like a monrail.

LOL, but wrong franchise.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    rickdanko wrote: »

Ewwwww, please NO. The fact that STO has not gone with that monstrosity is one of the things I like better here than in the novelverse.

Then some other Federation designed base. Doesn't make sense that, 30+ years on, it hasn't been replaced.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Here is my list.

Sickbay and other labs
    Vic Fontaine if not in a holodeck, but at least hanging around the Quark's Bar somewhere.
    Beam in a transporter room, or near the air lock. So it would look like you used the air lock to get on.
    Security office and other rooms?

This way the foundry writers can use a lot more of the station for their stories.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    The station is fine that it doesn't need to be replaced. In STO though, it needs a revamp
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Quark's: spiral staircase leading to the upper level as well as an entrance to the bar from the upper level of the ring, as seen on the TV show.

and i want that too... But the Spiral Stairs that were ALL OVER the station... it irks me to no end that I have to use the turbolift to get to the upper Promenade....​​
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.