test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Server not responding" for three nights in a row

Comments

• Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,630 Arc User
    i gave up. kept dumping during step between the stars. on the flip side i have 2 of three suits
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    tempusmagustempusmagus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    This problem is getting ridiculous. I can't even play.
  • Options
    sighborgsighborg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    4th night in a row. Starts just after 9pm CST. These are the things I remember when I think about spending more money on the game.

Finally got back in after about 90 minutes. Can't even chat.. "chat is offline". Was in game for a few minutes before disconnect again. I wish Cryptic would at least acknowledge that there is a problem.
  • Options
    dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    Ive been suffering these for two three days...always in the evening...it makes the game almost unplayable. Ive even removed games from my comp beacause i thought it was from too much space or something but somethings deffrently wrong here...this hasnt happened before not this bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    seconds#2790 seconds Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I love how I activate slipstream, server not responding, and then when it suddenly comes back my slipstream cooldown starts and I didn't move at all!
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    just started for me... 9pm pdt. this entire week been like this...
  • Options
    i crai everytiem
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    lighte007 wrote: »
    It will probably get better when we have a 13 hour shortage since Perfect World is shutting down the server for much needed maintenance and upgrades, on the 13th of October. (6 AM to 7 PM)

Wonderful, so only another week of being practically unable to play the game during peak gaming hours. Lovely.
    sighborg wrote: »
    4th night in a row. Starts just after 9pm CST. These are the things I remember when I think about spending more money on the game.

Read my mind.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    What is the hell is going on with the server? Are we under attack again? :rage:
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    /** STARFLEET EMERGENCY WARNING
     * Cryptic error detected
     * @defcon1776
     **/

global $profanities, $alcohol;

if ( !$conn_to_cryptic() && $this->alcohol->level > 0.08 && $on_hand_time > .01 ) { 
    	echo("<div id = 'drunken-rant' class = 'error'><p style='color:red;'>SERVER NOT   RESPONDING: ".counter()."</p>
    	<p>".$this->profanities->general->random."</p></div>".PHP_EOL); 
    } else {
    echo(" <div id = 'oh-well-watch-a-video' class = 'notice'><p style='color:blue;'>SERVER NOT   RESPONDING: ".counter()."</p>
    	<a title='Star Trek New Voyages - 04x09 - Mind-Sifter' href='https://youtu.be/DNa8p8jb6hA'></div>".PHP_EOL);  
    }

edit: format
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    defcon1776 wrote: »
    /** STARFLEET EMERGENCY WARNING
     * Cryptic error detected
     * @defcon1776
     **/

global $profanities, $alcohol;

if ( !$conn_to_cryptic() && $this->alcohol->level > 0.08 && $on_hand_time < 1 ) { 
    	echo("<div id = 'drunken-rant' class = 'error'><p style='color:red;'>SERVER NOT   RESPONDING: ".counter()."</p>
    	<p>".$this->profanities->general->random."</p></div>".PHP_EOL); 
    } else {
    echo(" <div id = 'oh-well-watch-a-video' class = 'notice'><p style='color:blue;'>SERVER NOT   RESPONDING: ".counter()."</p>
    <a title='Star Trek New Voyages - 04x09 - Mind-Sifter' href='https://youtu.be/DNa8p8jb6hA'></div>".PHP_EOL);  
    								}
    								//Forgive mhy errors

That is SO funny! LOL! :D
  • Options
    corjetcorjet Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    I do get like 29% loss, but with a tracert to stackoverflow.com It gets to atlas.cogentco.com and then starts to fail miserably. It looks like it's on their end. I use to have a sub but now F2P - I wonder if that's a factor? lol Getting too tiring of this. Tweeted to them and FB'd them too... No response from anyone! Tracert to patchserver.crypticstudios.com fails miserably too. The game is unplayable for me too. Trying "The Vault" and get into the vault got near the end to escape, but lag kills me and I get pushed back further and further towards the start of the mission!!!! The Start of the Mission!!! Bug Report
  • Options
    farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    corjet wrote: »
    I do get like 29% loss, but with a tracert to stackoverflow.com It gets to atlas.cogentco.com and then starts to fail miserably. It looks like it's on their end. I use to have a sub but now F2P - I wonder if that's a factor? lol Getting too tiring of this. Tweeted to them and FB'd them too... No response from anyone! Tracert to patchserver.crypticstudios.com fails miserably too. The game is unplayable for me too. Trying "The Vault" and get into the vault got near the end to escape, but lag kills me and I get pushed back further and further towards the start of the mission!!!! The Start of the Mission!!! Bug Report

Ah ha!

I had tried a pathping and found a couple hops that were seeing 100% packet loss. I just tried it again without the -n option (really should've done that the first time, but the MS TechNet article I read had an example with -n, so that was what I used), and the servers with 100% loss are still just IP addresses, but I do see a bunch of Cogent servers with anywhere from 0 to 24% loss near the end (not sure if it's okay to post the results here).

So, the Cogent servers seem to be having some trouble, but it's the unnamed ones with 100% loss that worry me. They're actually right before the Cogent hops - maybe they're Cogent devices and pathping simply can't resolve their names because it can't reach them?
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    As much as I had been playing STO now, I have noticed the only times I have been getting Server Not Responding is when I know I am doing high DPS and staying alive in PvE queues. Any other time I'm either just doffing or just running around gathering materials for crafting, I don't have ANY issue what so ever.

If it's just coincidence, then it's one of those that happens in certain ways. Otherwise i am beginning to think that the devs are kicking people for trying to have fun.

There are only 5 times I have been kicked out of SWTOR, many others were kicked at the same time, but it NEVER happened within 30 secs.
  • Options
    dragnridr wrote: »
    As much as I had been playing STO now, I have noticed the only times I have been getting Server Not Responding is when I know I am doing high DPS and staying alive in PvE queues. Any other time I'm either just doffing or just running around gathering materials for crafting, I don't have ANY issue what so ever.

If it's just coincidence, then it's one of those that happens in certain ways. Otherwise i am beginning to think that the devs are kicking people for trying to have fun.

There are only 5 times I have been kicked out of SWTOR, many others were kicked at the same time, but it NEVER happened within 30 secs.

It's not combat that is causing my issues, I was just sitting in sector space and chatting for most of my time.. I will get strings of snrs that last anywhere from 20s to 3m. Last night was a flurry of 3m snrs. The one STF I decided to try when things seemed to get better, ended up with 2x3m snrs. That kind of sucks for HSE.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,549 Arc User
    Last night was day 4 of no problems for me, so it might not be the server itself. It may well be the set of connections between your PC and the server. The tracert above showing the same problem with Stack Overflow shows it's the trip to the datacenter for them.

PWE might need to change datacenters or press them to fix some incoming connections.
  • Options
    At least 5 nights straight and counting...
  • Options
    deleroux wrote: »

I switched to the EU proxy after my first set of snr's. Haven't had any problems since.
  • Options

I switched to the EU proxy after my first set of snr's. Haven't had any problems since.

I did the same, and it seems to have worked. Thank you for the tip. :smile:
  • Options

Worked for me too, much appreciated.
  • Options
    capthavandcapthavand Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    been having the same issue for probably over a week (seemed to have coincided with patch couple weeks back) and seems to be during prime time hours, don't really notice it in the mornings when west coast is out (I am presently gulf coast). It's definitely their datacenter having issues or a router between US folks and the US servers.
  • Options
    tfcivtfciv Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    capthavand wrote: »
    been having the same issue for probably over a week (seemed to have coincided with patch couple weeks back) and seems to be during prime time hours, don't really notice it in the mornings when west coast is out (I am presently gulf coast). It's definitely their datacenter having issues or a router between US folks and the US servers.

Yeah I traced mine to an above.net router. Doing a trace during the 2 minute lag spike shows that router, and every hop after it of course, dropping packets.

I already fixed the issue for me as I said on the first page of this thread, you have to use a proxy to bypass the troublesome router if your issue is the same.

• Options
    I'm tired of getting booted from the server every 10 minutes. Does anyone have a link for the procedure to connect to a decent proxy?
  • Options
    farranor wrote: »
    I'm tired of getting booted from the server every 10 minutes. Does anyone have a link for the procedure to connect to a decent proxy?

Launcher Options
  • Options
    farranor wrote: »

Launcher Options

Ah, thanks. I'll try it tomorrow during Lag Time. :)
  • Options
    chrysanthenoirchrysanthenoir Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Am also having serious issues, logging in usually takes 15 seconds max from clicking the button, today it is several minutes, the game is also running a patch every time I log on, gameplay is plagued with lag and rubberbanding like there is no tomorrow, and no it is not my isp or the pc, everything else works just fine and dandy
  • Options
    I just got SNR and disconnected while using the EU proxy.

≖_≖
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Ad me to the party, the last week has been quiet SNR and DC intense. Local internet works fine. Hope half a day maintance today will do the trick.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    Nope - more SNRs. Prob will get AFK penalty as I just zoned in an STF. Awesome! This is the best~!