test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Server not responding" for three nights in a row

13»

Comments

• farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    syros04 wrote: »
    i find it an extreme insult to all of us that this thread has gone unanswered by anyone connected to cryptic. they do not care about us at all. even those of us who spend tons of money on this silly game. if another star trek game came out, i would never play this again. and i know many of us feel this way. we are a solid community, it matters not who maintains the environment to us. we will find a new home if we have to.

It's not Cryptic's fault. Any connection involving hops to a Cogent server has been experiencing issues every evening since 10/5.
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    So much for the maintenance fixing the issue. Here's hoping the proxies are still a viable workaround.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    Well, 12 hours of 'network upgrades' and the 10th night in a row of constant "Server Not Responding" - yep great job there. maybe PWE should get an ISP that doesn't do packet shaping at peak PST times. (Funny how none of the other MMOs I have access to have this issue - nor any other internet sites - or the fact Cryptic chat still works while I see SNR with a rising seconds count.

Maybe it is a problem with the STO server in particular.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Maybe it is a problem with the STO server in particular.

If it was the server, then everyone would be effected, which they are not.

Something is wrong between Cryptic and You. I won't theorize as to what exactly, but I can assure you that the issue does not effect everyone.

I hope you get it fixed soon.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ronusanronusan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    After big network update, no change. Still "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" making game unplayable at night (the only time I can play usually). My ISP is AT&T, if that matters. Really would be nice if Cryptic or Arc would acknowledge the problem and at least let us know if they're working on a fix . . . or if we should just uninstall the game and play something else rather than waste our time waiting.

Oddly enough, the other night my girlfriend was in the other room watching Netflix the whole time I played, both when it was normal and when it went into SNR mode for minutes at a time. She saw no change in her connection throughout.
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    At least the EU proxy is still working fine. I would have hoped a day-long maintenance would have fixed the issue though.
  • thelatathelata Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Try activating reduced file streaming under advanced options,fixed all my disconnect and server problems,also lag is caused by CPU throttling try a tool called throttlestop it stops your CPU from slowing down therefore reducing lag and improving framerate
  • farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    Looks like the Cogent hops have been repaired - tried playing without a proxy yesterday night, no SNR or disconnects.