test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Textures, weapons and general light effects not showing up

124»

Comments

• sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    Cannot play at a sideways down angle looking backwards zoomed in until character/ship is almost entire screen just to see all objects -_- this seems to been going on since april its now september in couple hours O.o

yep this is going on since april i think only when season 11 hits were going to have a fix as mentioned up on tribble (the major public test server) the problem has been sorted out in some way the only stupid thing that remains is depending on camera angle on sector space the ship begins to jump on the screen... but all other problems are gone...
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • joanmoldoviajoanmoldovia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Any news?
    Any news?

hey there. same news still tribble versions of star trek (who are running on season 11 build) fixed PARTIALLY the graphic issues but from what i see only an engine upgrade will likely fix the problems for good... and this one... well its really going to take a loooong time.

spocked thumb face...
    and this makes me regret being lifetime
  • snowman1701snowman1701 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Can't believe it is 6 days to Season 11 and still no fix to this issue. I am a lifetimer and this is ridiculous. :s
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Yup, have had invisible weapons all this season, invisible effects in both space and ground and an extremely hard time completing some missions where you have to duplicate patterns on a console to progress- the escape from the iconian station comes to mind. Scanning for R&D materials is impossible, cannot see weapons fire or shield boundries, and even had to remove cover shield ability from BOFFS because they tend to get me trapped at the worst times because I cannot see them.

Restoring display defaults don't fix it, and I'm at a loss why I even came back to try to play this game.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    Recently sent another support ticket in....

Here's a little Excerpt:
    Product Level 1: Star Trek Online
    Category Level 1: Technical Issues
    Category Level 2: Graphics/Audio

Response: Thank you for contacting us. As GMs and Customer Service Representatives, we have no say over any game decisions, however we send up reports with feedback/suggestions often. I also recommend posting this to our STO Graphical and Sound issues forum, as this would be a good topic to discuss with the Moderators and QA. Our Development Team and Community Teams check the forums often as well.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/categories/graphical-and-sound-issues

Me: I don't understand, I routed the ticket to Technical support, why am I getting a response from GM and Customer service I HAVE posted this to graphical issues, but No Representative of the company has ever responded to the Very large thread there regarding this issue. If you do pass on information you might want to have someone read: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1186694/textures-weapons-and-general-light-effects-not-showing-up/p1

specifically page 3 of the thread has MANY screen shots of this issue.

As a lifetime subscriber I would hope that this issue is routed to the appropriate people and the issue is Fixed.

Response: Thank you for the feedback! We frequently forward suggestions to the developers for their consideration.

Please let us know if you have any further comments or suggestions to help improve the game.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    effects and NPC weapons have returned per s11 patch. I dunno if replacing all the HOGG files fixxed it or was a stealth cryptic fix but issue seems resolved for me.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    Full reinstall of the game and my offers still have missing textures on their guns, everything is jet black... that can't be right...can it?
  • fluf2fluf2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    effects and NPC weapons have returned per s11 patch. I dunno if replacing all the HOGG files fixxed it or was a stealth cryptic fix but issue seems resolved for me.

Same for me. I can finally see my shields, engine trails and all the other effects including my ground weapons which I haven't seen in 6 months. Kind of cool seeing all the stuff I have never seen before. Please Cryptic, don't change a thing.

Leader of Nova Elite and House of Nova Elite
    Fluf - USS Angelia
    Kazar Chugra -USS Mirak
    Du'Ralle - IKS - K'Rag
    Koval - RRW -D'Dara
    im glad to say that textures have come back on my end as well... as i said some posts before this issue seem to be related to build of season 10 itself. only killing me now its insane lag X.X... but thats a history for anorther thread. as for the pitch black textures i dont know man this looks like the bug surface tension had when it was released... try rerun the DX and C++ setup and updating the drivers of your GPU... it resolved for me when amd finally released an update.

spocked thumb face...