test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Textures, weapons and general light effects not showing up

sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
Ever since season 10 launched im unable to see weapon and some light effects in space and textures for ground weapons & some other general little object are not showing up unless im really zoomed in.
this issue is halting me from doing general PvE since i cant see wre im shooting and whos shooting me
and i dont think im the only one
if theres already some thread with this link will be appreciated
9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
Post edited by sch3ff3l on

Comments

• Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im not sure if its supposed to be like that but the rifle I got from Iconian rep is just black, it looks like it lacks any lighting or textures at all.

I just assumed it was some design decision to give us a featureless black gun but now I wonder if there is a graphics issue
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sch3ff3l wrote: »
    Ever since season 10 launched im unable to see weapon and some light effects in space and textures for ground weapons & some other general little object are not showing up unless im really zoomed in.
    this issue is halting me from doing general PvE since i cant see wre im shooting and whos shooting me
    and i dont think im the only one
    if theres already some thread with this link will be appreciated

Textures throughout the game have been downgraded since season 10 launched and they seem to get worse after switching between a few characters without exiting the game. For example I can log into a captain wearing the Diplomat uniform. His jacket looks fine at the character select screen and after I log in but after switching between a few characters to do doff assignments his jacket looks awful at the char select screen and after logging in on him.

What you're seeing with your rifle being black: I doubt that's intentional. My boffs at the character select screen are like that. Rifles, tricorders, and PAADS that they're holding at the character select screen are all black except for any flashing lights on them.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah it's pretty bad in some places. I went to the Vlutga Asteroid to use a rich dilithium mining claim and the giant crystals were white instead of pink.

Here is what it looked like http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/screenshot_2015-04-25-03-55-19_zpsdaemdehw.jpg~original I have graphics set to high and everything was fine until season 10 launched. Edit: The smaller crystals used for the daily dilithium mining mission look fine though.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    What you're seeing with your rifle being black: I doubt that's intentional. My boffs at the character select screen are like that. Rifles, tricorders, and PAADS that they're holding at the character select screen are all black except for any flashing lights on them.

I found its actually RED! Its just the old rifle from the Nukara era they slapped a new skin on rather than designing a new Iconian model.
    Seems to be an issue with lighting. On one ground map it finally looked red. very flat but red. On other maps it just isn't lit well so it looks like a black featureless blob.
  • Options
    fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I started a simular thread under bug issues. for me,all weapons seem invisable.:confused:
  • Options
    sondrigsondrig Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fletch57 wrote: »
    I started a simular thread under bug issues. for me,all weapons seem invisable.:confused:

I have to agree with you, I have the same problem here, and also the "EFFECTS" aren't showing up...it's getting annoying.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I hope they fix this TRIBBLE with the next patch.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    psychoijediboypsychoijediboy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same problem here too.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    here's hoping the patch tomorrow fixes everything.
  • Options
    tommyatstarfleettommyatstarfleet Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I sure hope so, its been murder trying to do Iconian gateway quests that require us to see the key colors to advance in the missions.

Its bad enough when we cannot see what we are holding in our entire teams hands or firing with the starships.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I was hoping todays patch would help out but still the same for me. Ground weapons and their effects don't show up, unless I can get up against a wall or something and make my camera zoom right down on them. Command credits in Dyson ground basically the same thing, they aren't apparent unless some fluke of camera makes them show up for a split second. My eject warp plasma cloud won't show up when I go to Kerrat, or TBR visuals. I played around with graphic settings but nothing seems to help, nor newest drivers, although I don't know anything about graphics so I may as well go out onto the lawn and do a naked rain dance, it might help me more.

being forced to play in Safe Mode is problematic. For instance I cant see things like plasma fires or other DOTs you might get.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    nope,no fix today.
  • Options
    fluf2fluf2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah still no fix. I've been playing this game for 3 years now and this has been the worst graphics glitch I have encountered. Most missions are damn near impossible to play without shields, or knowing if you are running over a Malon plasma cloud, or being tractored... and on and on. This needs to be addressed ASAP. Or at least let us know its being worked on. I haven't seen one response to any of these post about this problem.
    Leader of Nova Elite and House of Nova Elite
    Fluf - USS Angelia
    Kazar Chugra -USS Mirak
    Du'Ralle - IKS - K'Rag
    Koval - RRW -D'Dara
  • Options
    limalinkslimalinks Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Has anyone got any acknowledgement out of Cryptic to say that this is a known problem?
    For all we know Cryptic might not have this problem on their radar, so what they don't know, they won't fix..

Regards
    Limalinks/T'Ippex
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    already put in tickets for this
    twice!
  • Options
    dargalanddargaland Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue. Also noticed some of the space weapons firing black......makes me think of Babylon 5!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i have been emailing PerfectWorld since the season 10, and sent several bug reports. i finally got an email reply telling me to go through several steps.. force check files, etc... i got an email yesterday saying this has been an unreported bug....???? from what i see here.. many many have reported this... i cant see my sheilds, any weapons fire on my romulan ships and only phasers on my fed .... please please fix this.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    fletch57 wrote: »
    nope,no fix today.
    mikeywv wrote: »
    i have been emailing PerfectWorld since the season 10, and sent several bug reports. i finally got an email reply telling me to go through several steps.. force check files, etc... i got an email yesterday saying this has been an unreported bug....???? from what i see here.. many many have reported this... i cant see my sheilds, any weapons fire on my romulan ships and only phasers on my fed .... please please fix this.

Same.. I raised a number of bugs but didn't get a mail back (so far).. all it would take is for one or more of PerfectWorld employees to go through these forums once a day to see what's being reported and then try and correlate it against reported problems etc.. They may do this and more but looking though this topic, I've not seen any PWE / Moderators touch base with the users in here on these posts.. and Ive been keeping an eye on this topic almost every day to see if PWE have acknowledge the problems and are doing something about.

For them to come back to you eventually with a "unreported bug" all they should have done is look in these forums... begs the question.. Do they PWE/Moderators look in these forums on a regular basis? and before anyone points out.. Yes.. with the amount of reports coming into the forum every day (and the ones via in game and emails) it could be hard to police/monitor but perhaps if they saw a topic (of a reported problem) with a large thread reply count and the users with the problems just confirm that they are having the same problem as initially reported.. it'd make their lives easier identifying potential showstoppers..

This I think would work as long as forum users dont post non problem related entries into the thread.. (i.e other issues, complaining about the game, the weather, the next door neighbour etc)) so as to keep the noise/TRIBBLE/non related posts in the thread down.

Also if a topic keeps being bumped to the top of the forum, its got to have some visibility to PWE / Forum moderators.. I've been working in I.T for over 30 years and as a senior escalation engineer have seen thoughout my travels what works and what doesnt as far as customer / enduser service and support..

Now that PWE are aware of this bug, lets hope they fix this issue asap as it makes the game pretty unplayable...

Live Long And Prosper
    Limalilnks / T'Ippex - PC gamer Fleet
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    limalinks wrote: »
    Same.. I raised a number of bugs but didn't get a mail back (so far).. all it would take is for one or more of PerfectWorld employees to go through these forums once a day to see what's being reported and then try and correlate it against reported problems etc.. They may do this and more but looking though this topic, I've not seen any PWE / Moderators touch base with the users in here on these posts.. and Ive been keeping an eye on this topic almost every day to see if PWE have acknowledge the problems and are doing something about.

For them to come back to you eventually with a "unreported bug" all they should have done is look in these forums... begs the question.. Do they PWE/Moderators look in these forums on a regular basis? and before anyone points out.. Yes.. with the amount of reports coming into the forum every day (and the ones via in game and emails) it could be hard to police/monitor but perhaps if they saw a topic (of a reported problem) with a large thread reply count and the users with the problems just confirm that they are having the same problem as initially reported.. it'd make their lives easier identifying potential showstoppers..

This I think would work as long as forum users dont post non problem related entries into the thread.. (i.e other issues, complaining about the game, the weather, the next door neighbour etc)) so as to keep the noise/TRIBBLE/non related posts in the thread down.

Also if a topic keeps being bumped to the top of the forum, its got to have some visibility to PWE / Forum moderators.. I've been working in I.T for over 30 years and as a senior escalation engineer have seen thoughout my travels what works and what doesnt as far as customer / enduser service and support..

Now that PWE are aware of this bug, lets hope they fix this issue asap as it makes the game pretty unplayable...

Live Long And Prosper
    Limalilnks / T'Ippex - PC gamer Fleet

I have stressed in all my emails this has been going on for over a month - started for some people when it hit tribble and that Cryptic in that month has yet to even acknowledge this happening and request that PWE become involved.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I have stressed in all my emails this has been going on for over a month - started for some people when it hit tribble and that Cryptic in that month has yet to even acknowledge this happening and request that PWE become involved.

I can only assume that they are working through a multitude of 'other' bugs but would have been nice of them to acknowledge something, even a prioritisation of when they will fix this issue.... espscially if people are submitting screenshots showing the problem.

Although saying this, the problems reported on this thread are pretty much showstoppers as far as making gameplay rather difficult..

"Hello Mr. STO Forum Moderator? Any News from PWE/Cryptic on this problem??"
    Would be great if a PWE/Cryptic staff would let us know whats happening..

Live Long And Prosper
    Limalinks/T'Ippex - PC Gamer Fleet
  • Options
    fluf2fluf2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Im wondering how big this problem really is or if its just a select few of us. From the reports I have seen, it seems to be affecting people on both low and high end systems. I myself am just running a single core Pentium IV processor with a GTX520 Nividia card, but some of the reports I have seen have been Quad core systems with hi end Nividia or Radeon cards.

It would be nice to know if this is a widespread problem, as most people don't post in these forums, or if the devs are even working on this. As stated above, this is almost a show stopper in trying to play this game.
    Leader of Nova Elite and House of Nova Elite
    Fluf - USS Angelia
    Kazar Chugra -USS Mirak
    Du'Ralle - IKS - K'Rag
    Koval - RRW -D'Dara
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    FYI,in the last release notes under known issues this problem was not listed. figures!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    quite a while since i created this thread...
    may 7 th update
    The lighting has been adjusted throughout Sector Space.
    Updated Sector Space FX for speed lines, slipstream, and fireworks.
    Speed lines and Slipstream were not always lining up correctly.
    Fireworks were too big in Sector Space.
    Resolved an issue causing the drop out of lens flare on distant stars.

still a long way to go.... but fixes are being made for what i see
    but would be really good to have someone from the team adressing this thread
    edit:
    so i come back to the game after 2 weeks without hdd (old one just died out) and now with a new ne i came back and.... all the textures and light effects are still bugged
    i still cant see warp trails
    my ship still jumpe and fade all over the place in sector map
    i stil cant see weapons light effects
    i still cant see skills effects (like warp plasma and tractor beams)

for real? and they say this is an unreported bug? i HAVE reported this bug 2 weeks ago via ingame ticket...
    this is just a really bad joke
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • Options
    dargalanddargaland Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Think there are a lot of people who undoubtedly have the Invisibility Cloak on their weapons!

Has anyone figured out a solution to removing it?
  • Options
    psychoijediboypsychoijediboy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sch3ff3l wrote: »
    so i come back to the game after 2 weeks without hdd (old one just died out) and now with a new ne i came back and.... all the textures and light effects are still bugged

I guess that answers the question about whether or not reinstalling the game would fix it. I'll mark that off my weekend to-do list, then.

I'd really love to know the common element that determines who has the issue and who doesn't, since it doesn't seem like a common issue.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Just wanted to add more.

There does seem to be some sort of lighting issue. On the character select screen rifles, PADDs, and tricorders held by my bridge officers all appear almost solid black with the flashing/glowing lights being visible. Doesn't matter which character at the select screen I look at, they're all like that.

I forgot what story episode I was doing but in the ground part of the mission I noticed my own rifle along with my boff's were all black but in other ground maps in other episodes they appeared just fine. So something is off.

For texture issues I was having (most noticeable on certain uniform jackets like Diplomat and WoK) it seems to have cleared up for the most part in recent patches.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    OK... this is more or less the "official" fix from PWE for another issue. Don't know if it will work for this or not.

Start the game in Safe Mode.

Select D9 EX and adjust the other settings to your liking.

Exit the game.

In Options in the Launcher Go to the Command Line

Enter: -d3d11Enable 0

Save.

I still crash sometimes but seems to work mostly. The command line has to be there at every login ..... until someone at cryptic actually fixes the issue.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    as useual,no fix again today.this is really #$%^& me off !:mad:
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,875 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'll throw in another S10 texture bug.

Way back when the game visibly worked if you loaded a character up in the tailor it may, for a moment, exhibit low-res textures to be replaced with high. Sometimes that still happens. Other times, it doesn't. Random facial and clothing textures are now often inappropriately left low-res. You may try one uniform on one session and find it a jarring mess but on the next visit (after logging or map changing) that might be appropriately high res but your face and some other uniform isn't showing up clearly.

No pattern, no fix found. Its just random bull****. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!